BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 8, 2013 2:26 pm  #1

Monk

Does anyone watch Monk?

His character is supposed to have been inspired by Sherlock Holmes on some levels. There's a blog here that talks about it:

http://elementaryschooled.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/in-class-movie-mr-monk-and-three-pies.html

I never really realised that before, I just find it pretty funny and quite clever.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 8, 2013 8:04 pm  #2

Re: Monk

Loved this show.

July 8, 2013 8:42 pm  #3

I like it in general, but I don't like the actor somehow. So I stopped watching.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 24, 2013 12:36 am  #4

I love Monk. Have all the seasons! There is definately a connection between both detectives.

================================================================

July 25, 2013 4:07 pm  #5

Some deductive skills of Monk seem to be similar to Sherlock's, but Monk's "ticks" are not believable for me when being a detective and doing practical work. Monk is a slave of his own mind with his anxieties. Sherlock's way of being is much more high functioning and therefore more elaborate and intelligent. I like it that Sherlock is able to be himself when still hiding his special abilities and limitations. But Monk is funny of course.
Sherlock would never let his fears (if he had any) dominate his life.

July 26, 2013 12:01 am  #6

But the difference is that Monk has obvious anxiety issues holding him back. Sherlock doesn't seem to have any. They are both very clever and have similar abilities but are two very different people. Monk is a detective despite his problems.

July 26, 2013 3:11 am  #7

Check out Mr. Monk in a deerstalker:  http://www.nplh.co.uk/2/post/2013/02/avenge-me.html

July 26, 2013 4:19 am  #8

HAHAHAHA!!!! That's a crossover I would like to see!

Board footera