BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 19, 2013 9:16 pm  #1

His Last Vow filming begins Mon 29th July

This, from Sherlockology:

The title for the final episode of Sherlock Series Three has finally been revealed - 'His Last Vow.'

The episode is written by Steven Moffat and will be directed by Nick Hurran. As teased by the cryptic three words revealed at the Media Guardian Edinburgh International Television Festival last year, the episode title is a play upon the title of the canon short story 'His Last Bow' - the final chronological story written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle to feature Sherlock Holmes and Doctor John Watson.

In addition, we can reveal that filming on S3E3: His Last Vow is set to begin on Monday July 29 2013, following a scheduled break in production that allowed Martin Freeman to complete filming on The Hobbit Trilogy. The date was first confirmed to Sherlockology by Production Designer Arwel Jones in May, during the final week of filming on S3E2: The Sign of Three.

The title for His Last Vow was spread throughout the repeat broadcast of Sherlock Series Two on BBC One in the UK, with individual letters appearing in the episode closed captioned subtitles in a different colour - this was why viewers from overseas were unable to take part in the game. UK viewers then had to piece the word together throughout the duration. Originally the intention was to reveal a word in each episode of the second series, but thanks to an initial delay due to Wimbledon, and then a further scheduled delay due to the forthcoming London Anniversary Games broadcast on Friday July 26 2013, the second two words were inserted into the repeat of The Hounds of Baskerville tonight - by the time The Reichenbach Fall is due to air on Friday August 2 2013, filming on His Last Vow would already be well underway.

So, to sum everything up, these are the titles for Sherlock Series Three, about to head into the final stretch of filming…

S3E1: The Empty Hearse
Written by Mark Gatiss, Directed by Jeremy Lovering

S3E2: The Sign of Three
Written by Steve Thompson, Directed by Colm McCarthy

S3E3: His Last Vow
Written by Steven Moffat, Directed by Nick Hurran

http://www.sherlockology.com/news/2013/7/19/s3e3-title-reveal-190713

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 24, 2013 4:38 pm  #2

Re: His Last Vow filming begins Mon 29th July

Hi there,

any Sherlockians here for setlock?

Greetz
Sava

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage"

July 24, 2013 4:49 pm  #3

Spoilers? Send 'em my way! I love spoilers!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

July 24, 2013 5:20 pm  #4

:-))
I thought 'bout goin' to London and watch by myself
But I still need some more information about they begin filming in the city and not in Cardiff.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 24, 2013 6:45 pm  #5

Well, I'm sure there'll be a few people watching the filming...only problem is, sometimes you don't get to hear about it until the last minute. Word just spreads via Tumblr and Twitter etc "OMG they're filming at Speedy's right now!!" (example tweet). And then everyone heads over.

Or sometimes you might hear about it the day before, if you're lucky. But it's generally hard for the fans to plan these kinda things.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 24, 2013 6:52 pm  #6

Especially, if you live outside the country. Like me in Germany :-(
I´m waiting until monday, but right know it seems that they really start in Cardiff-

July 24, 2013 7:39 pm  #7

I guess they don't want it to be widely known when and where they're filming, because it wouldn't be easy to film when there's loads of fans around.

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

July 24, 2013 7:49 pm  #8

Especially screaming Fangirls ;-)
Yes, that´s understandable. But i would be verry quiet :-)

July 24, 2013 7:51 pm  #9

Me too. I'd just watch patiently, and maybe talk to the actors when they're taking a break 

July 24, 2013 7:52 pm  #10

Usually they save filming outside for the last week or so.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

July 24, 2013 8:12 pm  #11

kittykat wrote:

Me too me too!  When season 3 started filming I was careful to avoid spoilers....I have since fallen to the "dark-side" spoiler richness with no regrets! 

-------------------------------------------------------

July 24, 2013 8:22 pm  #12

I must confess - I don´t like spoilers. Just want to see the whole thing if its ready. And so I really try to avoid them. Although it´s nearly impossible if you´re searching for setlock :-)

If I could see the filming it would be to absorb the atmosphere. And - just to see Benedict once in my lifetime. That would be nice :-)

July 24, 2013 8:47 pm  #13

Well, since I couldn't avoid spoilers when I was looking up Sherlock stuff, I figured "hey, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em".  I wouldn't go to the filming, though.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

July 24, 2013 8:52 pm  #14

I would love to have a good chat with the actors

July 24, 2013 9:05 pm  #15

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

kittykat wrote:

Me too me too!  When season 3 started filming I was careful to avoid spoilers....I have since fallen to the "dark-side" spoiler richness with no regrets! 

I use to have principals, now I am a spoiler whore.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 24, 2013 9:06 pm  #16

tonnaree wrote:

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

kittykat wrote:

I use to have principals, now I am a spoiler whore.

Me too!

July 25, 2013 5:48 am  #17

Posted earlier this afternoon:

Teasing us excited again, as usual!   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

July 25, 2013 6:17 am  #18

Oh look, evil teasing Gatiss is back
No, it's great to know, anything they are passing on to us is highly appreciated!

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

July 25, 2013 1:48 pm  #19

Russell wrote:

Posted earlier this afternoon:

Teasing us excited again, as usual!

Yay!!!!! 

-------------------------------------------------------

July 25, 2013 8:44 pm  #20

Mark Gatiss is sooo cool! AND evil. But I´m always confused by the Tweeds of Arwel Wyn Jones. HellBoy! :-)

Board footera