BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 3, 2012 5:27 am  #21

Re: Sherlock Ring Tones

kazza474 wrote:

I had one guy pass by me one day & as he went past, the phone rang. He kept walking but said ' I knew Jim from IT wasn't dead!"

This is way cool I wish I'd meet some random Sherlockian and have something like this.

July 6, 2012 4:04 am  #22

I have a "Sinner man" as a ringtone. The song seems so crazy, that every time I hear it I have irresistible desire to make some insane dance .

I've never heard a Sherlock ringtone from anybody in my town(. I guess I'm the only one...

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "I need to get some air, we're going out tonight."
John: "Actually, I've uh, got a date."
Sherlock: "What?"
John: "It's where two people who like each other go out and have fun."
Sherlock: "That's what I was suggesting."

July 6, 2012 4:06 am  #23

221B Baker Street wrote:

I have a "Sinner man" as a ringtone. The song seems so crazy, that every time I hear it I have irresistible desire to make some insane dance .

I've never heard a Sherlock ringtone from anybody in my town(. I guess I'm the only one...

Yeah, that song was perfect in the show. Good choice, 221B.

November 26, 2012 3:19 pm  #24

I am happy today!  Nobody, and I mean nobody, of all my techie friends could figure out how to get a Sherlock ring tone onto my Galaxy II smart phone.  Then I met an engineer for Comcast at a party on Saturday and he made it happen!  Something to do with changing my browser.  Lovely!  I now have "Welcome to London" as my incoming ring tone. 

And believe it or not, I'm happy because my phone just rang and played the theme - even thought the call was from this annoying telemarketer that calls at almost the same time every day.  Who cares - I got to hear the theme

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

November 26, 2012 4:03 pm  #25

I bet the telemarketer had to wait a BIT longer as usal before you answered? And did you ask him to call twice a day? 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 26, 2012 5:00 pm  #26

KeepersPrice wrote:

I am happy today!  Nobody, and I mean nobody, of all my techie friends could figure out how to get a Sherlock ring tone onto my Galaxy II smart phone.  Then I met an engineer for Comcast at a party on Saturday and he made it happen!  Something to do with changing my browser.  Lovely!  I now have "Welcome to London" as my incoming ring tone. 

And believe it or not, I'm happy because my phone just rang and played the theme - even thought the call was from this annoying telemarketer that calls at almost the same time every day.  Who cares - I got to hear the theme

I happen to have the same phone model as you do. (Still Stayin' Alive as my ringtone.)
As for the telemarketer: You just have to add him to your blacklist and you won't be disturbed by him any more.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 26, 2012 7:02 pm  #27

Thanks, Tobe.  Now, where can I get Irene Adler's text tone? Yeah, you know the one I mean  .  I want that for the tone when my husband texts.   Do they have it on Sherlockology?

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

November 30, 2012 9:50 pm  #28

KeepersPrice wrote:

Thanks, Tobe.  Now, where can I get Irene Adler's text tone? Yeah, you know the one I mean  .  I want that for the tone when my husband texts.   Do they have it on Sherlockology?

Well, as far as I noticed, someone already posted a link much earlier in the thread where they put it up for us.
But oi.... as if I'm not getting distracted by my favorite shows enough!!  May have to jump on the bandwagon with this, simply because it's that much more awesome to have a favorite, related-to-interests ringtone instead of the silly chimes the phone comes with.  Love how Sherlockology puts up a lot of content related to this, but can /not/ get to download!  Wanted to try to get the main theme.  Not to mention also finding a decent-sounding short-ringtone version in the slew of google results of Stayin' Alive instead of the full song... I saw other people on here mention having both...  don't suppose I could be any trouble to beg the files off of you?  : )))   Thanks!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

December 6, 2012 7:52 pm  #29

Does anyone here know whether you can download the NORMAL message tone that john and sherlock have on their phones? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What it must be like in your funny little brains, it must be so boring!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 20, 2013 11:42 am  #30

it´s the common sms tone for i-phone, you can download it for free on many web sites

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

February 20, 2013 12:39 pm  #31

July 22, 2013 9:23 pm  #32

I purchased "Irene's Theme" from the Amazon store the other day...shrunk it down and installed it as a custom ringtone for my phone...

And this morning my phone "rings" for the first time since I did it. Lovely. This sweet solo violin soaring out into the house...

Made my day. Best $.99 I've ever spent. :-)

"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking, but usually it's subtext."

July 23, 2013 12:32 am  #33

Is anybody brave enough to have the "other" sound associated with Irene as their text alert?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

July 23, 2013 10:29 am  #34

kittykat wrote:

Is anybody brave enough to have the "other" sound associated with Irene as their text alert?

I want it so badly.  But first of all, I need a new smartphone. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 23, 2013 3:30 pm  #35

What would you do if you had it and it went off in front of other people?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

July 23, 2013 4:01 pm  #36

I would look around and check if anyone recognises it. ^^

July 23, 2013 4:06 pm  #37

Well, since the german version of the sound is different, I would consider to take the german version instead. Maybe I can really meet other Sherlockians.

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 24, 2013 8:18 am  #38

I think the German version sounds kind of strange...

I have the Toy Box Version (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdauFg5VJxo) as my alarm. Nice thing to wake up to. 

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

July 24, 2013 8:27 am  #39

And I thought the original version was very strange when I heard it for the first time. 

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 24, 2013 8:47 am  #40

Well, I installed 'Stayin' Alive' (which is not very creativ but I had to do it) and now hope that whenever it gets off in public places somebody understands the reference.

I change my alarm every now and then because I tend to start hating my wake-up-sounds and as I do not want to hate a Sherlock tune, at the moment it is an extract of 'Status Symbols' which is incredibly lovely.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Love something, and love it deeply."
Andrew Scott

"I don’t care how hypothetical it is, I’m not flying with a live otter in the flight deck."
Captain Martin Crieff

Board footera