BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 14, 2012 7:22 am  #1

Post Your Absence

So...if you're going to be away on holiday, or off the boards for a while for whatever reason you can post it here and let people know (so we don't all miss you terribly and wonder where you've got to!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 15, 2012 1:44 am  #2

Re: Post Your Absence

I already don't post a lot, but I'll be away for the next seven weeks because of school. I have to do nine weeks in seven, so I have a really charged schedule and I don't have much time for every thing else. I wanted you to know : ).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wanted! Schrödinger's cat. Dead and alive."

May 15, 2012 1:09 pm  #3

Have fun you poor thing. Missing you already!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 15, 2012 2:08 pm  #4

Good luck, Milkomeda, we'll miss you   

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

May 23, 2012 6:59 am  #5

I shall be absent for a day starting any tick of the clock.
There's a rather important Rugby League game on & my attention shall be diverted.

Yes, it is THAT important!
(so important I even used an exclamation mark!and again!and .. oh never mind)

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

May 27, 2012 12:10 pm  #6

I'm going away to Nice in France today. I'll be back on 4th June....

We do have the internet over there so I'll still be on, but won't be able to logon several times a day like I normally do. Mods, it's over to you!

May 27, 2012 12:59 pm  #7

Merci et Bon Voyage.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 29, 2012 11:29 am  #8

though I rarely post/reply something, I'm watching you guys.. kheheheh but it seems my schedule a little bit tight recently, I'll be absent till next week. I have night shift in Animal Hospital..

© unreasonablyme

I don't need a superheroes... I need hero just like Holmes. :3

May 29, 2012 6:40 pm  #9

Hope it goes OK, tCO, perhaps you'll get a visit from Rolf Harris (or...equivalent person) ?

Meanwhile my only computer needs surgery. 
and it's going to have some days in computer hospital until the new part arrives (or I can have it back with everything white showing up as yellow as well as the horizontal lines across the middle which is all it had before and all it had when I booted it up there this morning when I took it in for dedustingetc and an estimate on the screen (sigh), and pay the labour twice over for dissection and reconstruction).
How will I live?
OK, I could stay at work really really late to post stuff- (oh, wait, that sounds like my life already) but I'm quite worried about waking up and not being able to get back to sleep without BBC radio on. I don't own a TV (or ipod or mobile phone because I am...fortunate? A luddite? not a technology fashion victim?  ), and my DVD player broke yonks ago. But there's all the other things I do on it, (family emails, other researchings etc).
Sigh.
(Stiff upper lip)
I do have CDs, and a little player, and I do have quite a nice library with real books in! 
I know, I'm lucky really.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Important thing I have learnt from 'Sherlock':
British army research bases keep their bins at the bottom of a quite deep lift shaft.

May 29, 2012 7:01 pm  #10

Brush up on the ACD original stories while you are incommunicado. Missing you already!

May 29, 2012 7:37 pm  #11

I took my laptop in to be repaired earlier today and have logged in via my iPod. It takes longer to do everything, so will probably just try to keep up with everyone's news rather than post much. A bit sad, but hopefully back to normal soon.
Regards to all, Jane

June 1, 2012 11:57 am  #12

I'm not exactly going to be absent, but I am not going to have internet for about 5 days (OMG) as I'm moving into a new house. Will only have access at work or on my phone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

June 1, 2012 12:16 pm  #13

Dear God...I hate it when that happens.

June 12, 2012 1:56 pm  #14

Ok, I'm off to bed soon. May not be on much tomorrow as it's "Footy Time" again. If I am on, I'll be distracted by the lead up to the game. My team have won 6 years straight & about to play the second game of this year's series & we're already one game up.

This is important; similar in status I guess to USA's SuperBowl or UK's FA Cup.
Except, this one "State of Origin" is IMPORTANT!
lol

GO QUEENSLAND!

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 25, 2012 5:48 am  #15

Well I'm going on an overnight to France in just under half an hour!!!
Sadly I won't be posting again for two days
I'll miss you guys

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 25, 2012 5:46 pm  #16

Do you know how wonderful "an overnight to France" sounds to us Yanks? Have fun.

June 25, 2012 5:58 pm  #17

Bon voyage! Practise your French and eat a pain au Chocolat.

June 25, 2012 6:43 pm  #18

Forgot to ask - are you taking any Post-Its with you?

June 26, 2012 7:32 am  #19

Was absent for the weekend. I was in Singapore for the Great Singapore Sale :D
Apparently, Sherlock isn't big in Singapore. What is wrong with us, Asia??

June 26, 2012 10:02 pm  #20

Ooh, so much fun!
We were followed half-way round a theme park by a gang of 20-year-old French men and visited a creepy cemetery!
No, sorry veecee, I forgot!
I tried to make my trip as Sherlockian as possible but I only managed, a Sherlock Coffee (My first ever!!) and a small re-enactment of the graveyard scene.
But, there was a safe, a REAL safe in my room at the hotel! You can guess what code I programmed in!! But Vactican Cameos isn't as fun on your own

I hope you got something nice at the sale, JM!

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

Board footera