BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 18, 2013 8:29 am  #1

Mark Gatiss confirmed for 4th series of Game of Thrones!!!

OMG!!! I just found that:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/07/17/game-of-thrones-sherlock/

(the news can also be found on several other pages)

Mark Gatiss will join the cast of Game of Thrones in the 4th season of the series!!
This is awesome!! I am so excited!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

July 18, 2013 11:51 am  #2

Re: Mark Gatiss confirmed for 4th series of Game of Thrones!!!

Well, characters do not tend to survive long in Game of Thrones... better to keep that in mind!

Great news!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

July 18, 2013 12:21 pm  #3

I can't wait!  Gatiss will now be in all three of my favorite tv shows XD

Last edited by sj4iy (July 18, 2013 12:34 pm)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

July 18, 2013 7:40 pm  #4

Schmiezi wrote:

Well, characters do not tend to survive long in Game of Thrones... better to keep that in mind!

Oh, I know. I don't have much hope, that his character might survive the season, but nevertheless I'm really looking forward seeing him!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

July 18, 2013 7:51 pm  #5

Hmmm! Now I'm trying to work out which character he will be playing!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 18, 2013 8:52 pm  #6

I haven't read book 4 yet, so no clue. Maybe there will be an announcement at the comic con tomorrow at the Game of Thrones panel (and hopefully there will be a lot of announcements at the Sherlock panel today ).

"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

July 18, 2013 11:46 pm  #7

Oh my god!!!! I'm currently reading the books but haven't seen the series yet. Does each book equal one season?
He'd be lucky to survive an episode the way people get killed off in that series. Can't wait!

================================================================

July 19, 2013 1:01 am  #8

It's been two years since I read all the books so I'm blanking on who he could be playing.
Excited none the less.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 19, 2013 6:21 am  #9

Each book lasts more than 1 series. I'm still on book 2 at the moment then I'm going to download series 1-3.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 22, 2013 2:29 pm  #10

Ah, that's cool, I think he is a great actor. I kinda wonder which character he will play though. (Did they say something about it on Comic-con?)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The world is big enough for us, no ghosts need apply"

July 22, 2013 2:36 pm  #11

I could see him as Mace Tyrell.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 22, 2013 9:21 pm  #12

Now I'm going to put my thinking cap on. I might have to watch the first 3 series though to see where they have actually got up to!

July 22, 2013 11:49 pm  #13

What book did season 3 finish with? Mark is such an awesome actor. Can't wait to see him in it!

July 23, 2013 1:26 pm  #14

Season three finished roughly halfway the 3rd book 'A Storm of Swords'

July 23, 2013 11:37 pm  #15

Jacco111 wrote:

Season three finished roughly halfway the 3rd book 'A Storm of Swords'

Thanks. I'm reading that one at the moment so I'm safe from spoilers. Now just have to get my husband to hurry up so we can watch them!

September 19, 2013 4:43 pm  #16

He will play Tycho Nestoris, a representative of the Iron Bank of Braavos. As I read the book I can totally see him in this role... Can't wait

- -  - –  – –  - - -  - - - -  -  - – -  - – - -  – – –  – - – -  – - –  -  – - -
Up, down, flying around, looping the loop and defying the ground.
They're all frightfully keen, those magnificent men in their flying machines!

September 19, 2013 8:39 pm  #17

For series 4? They are going trough it fast then.

September 19, 2013 11:48 pm  #18

I heard something like they were combining two roles together or something. So he's playing Tycho but they have combined another city representative into the same role.
I haven't got that far yet so better get reading!

April 19, 2014 8:54 pm  #19

I know nothing about Game of Thrones but I've read that season four has already premiered. I was wondering how big Mark's role actually is and whether his character was already shown. If so, how was it? Any Game of Thrones fans here to share with some information?   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

April 19, 2014 10:33 pm  #20

This credit is no longer on his IMDB and he wasn't in the first two episoes.  Don't know if he could still show up.   

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

Board footera