BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 22, 2013 12:43 pm  #181

Re: Clues to S3 Ep 3 title hidden in Series 2 repeats

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Yeah, I like the idea that John will have to choose between Sherlock or Mary, but in a more dramatic life threatening scenario. Like, a bad guy is forcing him to decide which one to kill.

Oh that would just be awful ...Poor John, I can't imagine what it would be like to make that choice, especially between those two...I wouldn't put it past Moffat to do something like that though, the writers are just evil enough 

Last edited by SilverMoonDragonB (July 22, 2013 12:45 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------

July 22, 2013 12:47 pm  #182

Can't see it happening.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 22, 2013 1:11 pm  #183

I would rather like to see a difficult decision for Sherlock to make. To chose between work and friendship, for example. Maybe a case to investigate the murder of Mary Morstan and John is a suspect. Something like that to provide a case, Mary dying and problems between John and Sherlock. Perhaps a serious break-up at the end?
I still think that Sherlock will have kept the last bit of truth about the rooftop events and backstory secret untill the end of series 3. Eventually even further to make fans work for it?!

July 22, 2013 9:56 pm  #184

I don't think they can have ANOTHER friendship break up. They've already done one. It'll be something tragic that brings them closer together as friends, not the other way around.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 22, 2013 10:10 pm  #185

Quite so.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 22, 2013 11:17 pm  #186

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

I don't think they can have ANOTHER friendship break up. They've already done one. It'll be something tragic that brings them closer together as friends, not the other way around.

I agree. It would both be anti-climatic (both plot and relationship wise) and just plain not cool if they did that again, hopefully like you say it'll be something that'll bring them even closer together....and in a way, I think Sherlock coming back and all the emotional turmoil that will happen as a result could potentially, given time, bring them closer together as well. Still, I'm thinking that something will happen with John, which would probably involve Sherlock in some way as well, but the end of series 2 already resulted in something Sherlock character-based and to end the 3rd series again with someone Sherlock character-based would be...repetitive, so I'm thinking it'll be a primarily John incident...and knowing the writers, it'll probably something that breaks our hearts with both sadness and being deeply moved.
Long story short...series 3 cannot come fast enough!

-------------------------------------------------------

July 23, 2013 6:53 am  #187

There are a few very clear opportunities in the canon that can be drawn upon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera