BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 19, 2013 6:15 pm  #21

Re: Sherlock panel at San Diego Comic Con (Series 3 Spoiler Warning)

This is just like being tempted to open up the pressies under the Christmas tree before you should do. I will resist all temptation.....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 19, 2013 6:33 pm  #22

Davina wrote:

This is just like being tempted to open up the pressies under the Christmas tree before you should do. I will resist all temptation.....

I can easily resist opening my presents...I can't resist Sherlock spoilers, lol.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

July 19, 2013 6:50 pm  #23

Sorry, but I'm extremely annoyed of the Sherlock team right now.

Like, you released an official clip of the third season. At a comic con. It's all fine, nothing wrong about it, umm? I mean, of course you can't expect every Sherlock fan to turn up. It's in San Diego, after all.
And somehow you expected and demanded the clip to be kept a secret? Are you serious?
And it’s not as if you were filming, or it was something you couldn’t avoid. No. You CHOSE to release that finished clip. So why the hell would you release it if you didn’t want people to be seeing it?
If you want to keep it a secret, that means if you don't want this scene to be seen by others, don't show it at all! 
If the BBC didn’t want anything getting out, they shouldn’t have shown a clip at all. And I have no sympathy for their fretting over “the clip getting out."
Only to describe the scenario again: They were showing a clip of a series that has been TWO YEARS coming now to a bunch of hardcore fans at a freaking comic con.
Of course it was gonna get out. At least the audio clip did so.
Honestly, they’re damn lucky nobody actually took a video of it. I’m shocked, frankly. And disappointed of their behaviour.
Like, for the record, most of the fans have been very respectful of their wishes to keep things a secret.
Now they're taking it too far. As if watching that clip was a benefit enjoyed by the privileged people who were at Comic Con.

You want to keep things a secret?
Don't show them at a Comic Con.

The f***ing end.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 19, 2013 6:55 pm  #24

Honestly, they knew it would get out.  You can't show anything like that to thousands of people and not expect something to get out.  So really, I get upset at the people who whine "oh, they don't want people to know, you can't talk about it!" because they clearly don't understand how the internet works.  This started the buzz they wanted, otherwise they wouldn't have shown it.  It's a marketing ploy, and a good one.  So that's how it is.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

July 19, 2013 7:02 pm  #25

This is why I'm so annoyed of their behaviour. It's only causing trouble amongst the Sherlock fans. Some say legitimately that they would like to watch the clip because they have the same rights as the people who were visiting that Comic Con. Something I agree upon. The others say things like "Did you not listen to them? They don't wish this clip to be seen. Stop acting like a four-years old."

I was pretty happy with the audio clip. But now I learned that the team has forbidden it to be released. It's just not fair. 

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 19, 2013 7:06 pm  #26

Mary Me wrote:

This is why I'm so annoyed of their behaviour. It's only causing trouble amongst the Sherlock fans. Some say legitimately that they would like to watch the clip because they have the same rights as the people who were visiting that Comic Con. Something I agree upon. The others say things like "Did you not listen to them? They don't wish this clip to be seen. Stop acting like a four-years old."

I was pretty happy with the audio clip. But now I learned that the team has forbidden it to be released. It's just not fair. 

Eh, it's all the same in the end.  I don't care what I've been "forbidden" to see, honestly.  And like I said, with thousands of people in that room, it's simply an empty threat.  I do remember that Sue Vertue said it was "unfinished", so maybe they just didn't want people criticizing an unfinished product- which I can understand.  But it's not going to keep me from watching it, and laughing at it, later on.  If anything, it makes me want to see that scene even more now ^^

July 19, 2013 9:10 pm  #27

Not that it keeps me from not watching either. Like I said, I'm just annoyed from their behavior.

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 19, 2013 9:19 pm  #28

Mary Me wrote:

Not that it keeps me from not watching either. Like I said, I'm just annoyed from their behavior.

Fair enough  I'm just waiting for someone to spoil something about Doctor Who XD  Don't think that will happen, though, lol.

Last edited by sj4iy (July 19, 2013 9:20 pm)

July 20, 2013 5:26 am  #29

Well, I get those of you who are upset over not having seen the video and want to see it right now, I really do.
But I also understand the Sherlock team. My guess is, Sue Vertue as the producer of Sherlock in the end is still liable to the BBC (as Sherlock is owned by the BBC). She promised them nothing would surface on the internet afterwards to be able to show the clip at Comic Con.

I think they just wanted to bring a small treat for the fans with them, as there is yet no fixed date for when "Sherlock 3" will air, so to show at least something (raw footage usually isn't shown at all)

They know that transcprits of the panel itself and the clip will be all over the internet anyway, and, yes, we all got the happy news. But they specifically and very politely asked not to record it.

I mean, we will all get to see the clip (and the whole episode) in the end!! A bit of patience guys, and it seems we have a lot to look forward to!

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

July 20, 2013 8:48 am  #30

I quite agree with you. And to be honest, the clip does not content any new information. I mean, those of us, who read the spoilers for the next series already knew about... and the other thing (the topic of the conversation) was rather likely to happen. So I am quite thankful to the Sherlock team, that they choose that scene and not something with really unkown content.

Besides, this is a normal event on a convention. People who attend there, pays a lot of money for their tickets and it is ok, that the invited guests shows them the lastest news of their shows. It  happend not only with Sherlock but probably a lot of other shows, too. This is the way, fandom conventions works. A few years ago (well, almost 15, to be honest) I visited a Star Trek convention. And it was the same their. We got revealed the latest photos and story hints about the new DS9 season.

So, please calm down and don't be mad at the Sherlock team .

Last edited by stoertebeker (July 20, 2013 8:49 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

July 20, 2013 10:38 am  #31

Nope. Just no. 
I understand that people paid for it and camped there and all the other things but that doesn't mean they're the "better" fans. And yes, some act like that. If I've had the possibilities to travel to San Diego and visit the Comic Con, I would have been there and paid for it as well. Unfortunately I'm a 16 years old student from Germany, excuse me, that's not how it works. I am mad. And no, I'm not patient anymore.
I'm actually leaving a rant but I'm not using the actual thread for it since that input may contain spoilers.

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 20, 2013 5:39 pm  #32

Here's the official video about this event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNKs_Sc6PaM&feature=youtu.be

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 21, 2013 9:03 am  #33

Thank you for posting the link!

I think the story on how Benedict commissioned series 4 all on his own earlier this year will never get old

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

July 21, 2013 9:14 am  #34

the_dancing_woman wrote:

I think the story on how Benedict commissioned series 4 all on his own earlier this year will never get old

Never!!! 

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 21, 2013 9:47 am  #35

the_dancing_woman wrote:

I'll be waiting for him to commission series 5 next xx

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

July 21, 2013 4:42 pm  #36

Oh, and I also quite like the moment when they are being asked wether there is any chance of a girlfriend/ love interest for Sherlock Holmes (which is obsolete as a question anyway, since it has always been made very clear that Sherlock has no sexual interest in women/people at all).
Steven Moffat (on a possible girlfriend): "He would try to poison her just to see if it works - she is dead, hurray!" I love Moffat in evil mode

July 21, 2013 4:53 pm  #37

the_dancing_woman wrote:

Oh, and I also quite like the moment when they are being asked wether there is any chance of a girlfriend/ love interest for Sherlock Holmes (which is obsolete as a question anyway, since it has always been made very clear that Sherlock has no sexual interest in women/people at all).
Steven Moffat (on a possible girlfriend): "He would try to poison her just to see if it works - she is dead, hurray!" I love Moffat in evil mode

Yeah, that made me laugh. 
I also like: "What do you actually think they were doing up there on the roof? Faking suicide AT each other?!"
Well, Moffat, some people did believe that at first. Me included.

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 21, 2013 5:16 pm  #38

Oh, I also considered that possibility for a little while, maybe just because I would have liked to keep Moriarty a little longer. But I was strongly contradicted by a family member, who made it very clear that a shot in the face is what it is and is... well, fatal.
In the meantime I think it was a good finale for Moriarty and a spectacular way to go! His character shouldn't be overstretched. It is time to move on to other stories, I think. But he will always be remembered fondly!

July 21, 2013 5:52 pm  #39

But now, that Moriarity is out of the picture, who will be the next bad boy?

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

July 21, 2013 6:07 pm  #40

the_dancing_woman wrote:

Oh, I also considered that possibility for a little while, maybe just because I would have liked to keep Moriarty a little longer. But I was strongly contradicted by a family member, who made it very clear that a shot in the face is what it is and is... well, fatal.
In the meantime I think it was a good finale for Moriarty and a spectacular way to go! His character shouldn't be overstretched. It is time to move on to other stories, I think. But he will always be remembered fondly!

That's true. If you compare to the canon, Moriarty only showed up in one story but is described as the mastermind who has been behind several criminal activities the whole time through. I really liked how Moftiss used that in the series - we were aware of his extistence from the very beginning but Moriarty also had his one final episode.

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

Board footera