BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 17, 2012 10:11 pm  #21

Re: Sherlock acrostic

So! Who's going to post the next acrostic? Come on folks!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 20, 2012 8:45 pm  #22

I'm going to give this one til the 22nd, that's a full week, and then I'll post a new one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 20, 2012 8:52 pm  #23

I'll beat you to it and post another one on the 22nd.

Now you are a mod I must poke you with a stick.

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

May 21, 2012 11:02 am  #24

Okie dokie that's fine. I always thought of myself as a Mod and not a Rocker anyway!               Oh! Not the poking with a stick thing though! Lol

May 22, 2012 7:55 pm  #25

Marvellously optimistic loopy Loo yearns hot, odious, pale persons - exactly right!
Only dreams should be kept in their correct realms lest they become nightmares.
Longing is just that;
Longing.
Yet
Hope springs eternal and can conquer all.
Once in action we should expect a negative and a
Positive.
Positive.
...er...
Reaction?

-m0r

May 22, 2012 8:41 pm  #26

That was brilliant! I love the way it works across the first line too! Oh dear! That's going to be a hard act to follow! (Lots of apostrophes for Kazza, sorry!)

May 22, 2012 9:37 pm  #27

Ok. I've done one. I'm not sure how well this works and apologies now to The Beatles and fans.
A Hard Day's Night for
Misery. It's
Only love
Let it be
Lonesome tears in my eyes
Yesterday.
Help!
Only love. It's
Only love. It's
P.S.I love you
Eight days a week.
Run for your life!

May 22, 2012 10:15 pm  #28

Nice mixymaxy there Davina!

Painful to each genre and to the brain.

Very Vogon 

-m0r

May 24, 2012 5:22 am  #29

I've never seen a thread like this  but it looks like FUN!!  I've done one.   In  tribute to my favorite singer, John Denver.  I'm using his songs.   

Mathew
Old Folks
Late Nite Radio
Leaving, on a Jet Plane
You're so Beautiful

Hitchhiker
On the Road
On the Wings of a Dream
Pegasus
Eagle & the Hawk
Rocky Mountain High

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

May 24, 2012 1:13 pm  #30

Miss Understanding
Ordinary
L o n g i n g...
Letting
You use her yearning.

Hope less lying
Observation
O b l i v i o u s l y ...
Pretending
Eliminating
Reality checks.

I am better pleased with this one.

May 24, 2012 3:33 pm  #31

That's a slice of fried gold there Davina - I like that very much.

-m0r

May 24, 2012 6:06 pm  #32

Thank you. That is very kind.

May 28, 2012 8:20 pm  #33

Going to post a new topic for an acrostic (oo that rhymes!) tomorrow. Have a go at it folks if you haven't already. It's just for fun!

May 29, 2012 11:21 am  #34

The subject of this week's acrostic will be.....roll of drums....

MORIARTY

I'm not going to post mine until some others have had a go. If you aren't sure what to do look back at the start of this topic thread. Have fun with it!

May 29, 2012 11:22 am  #35

Oh and you don't have to write it in English.

May 29, 2012 11:55 am  #36

Ok, I'll give it a try... in English!!
I'm not sure if this is all ok, but anyway, there it goes 

Mastermind of crime
Obviously insane
Running a dangerous bussiness
Inside his spider web
Also known as Richard Brook
Reichenbach as well
Teller of children stories
You'll be dragged to hell

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

May 29, 2012 12:48 pm  #37

Doesn't have to be in English? OK!

Let's see how my Spanish is coming along.

Matador de los reyes,
Olvido su única motivación,
Rico, peligroso y solitario
Inteligencia, su única arma.
Arte de la muerte,
Remendar de la delincuencia.
Total de todo
Y tan cambiante!

-Art

May 29, 2012 12:50 pm  #38

Hey there Irene, seems I've spent around an hour composing mine (Still very much 'un estudiante de español').

I like yours very much - great job and very content appropriate!!

-m0r

May 29, 2012 1:46 pm  #39

m0r1arty wrote:

Hey there Irene, seems I've spent around an hour composing mine (Still very much 'un estudiante de español').

I like yours very much - great job and very content appropriate!!

-m0r

Thanks! Glad you liked it, it's my first acrostic trying to make a bit of sense (I couldn't get anything for the previous ones)
Yours is great too, mor, your Spanish is pretty good.

Veo que eres un alumno muy aplicado 

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

May 29, 2012 2:37 pm  #40

Not sure if copying from a dictionary for words I don't know is diligent Irene, but thanks all the same 

Come on everyone - it's fun to try and bend language to your will, any language will do!

-m0r

Board footera