BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 17, 2013 10:32 pm  #41

Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

Oh yeah...I didn't recognize it lit up and without the bed XD

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

July 17, 2013 10:39 pm  #42

But... does that mean John is going back to his old flat? That doesn't make any sense at all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 17, 2013 10:40 pm  #43

Maybe he lives there because he can't stand being in 221B after Sherlock's death.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

July 17, 2013 10:48 pm  #44

So you think he lives there until Sherlock returns. But they're tweeting that picture now so I think this location is used for the third episode. The wedding is in the second episode so it's rather unlikely that he's sharing that appartment with his wife. I mean, he wouldn't be living in a flat for one again!
If we assume that Mary dies it's rather likely that he moves back to Baker Street.
No matter how you turn it, it doesn't make any sense.

Last edited by Mary Me (July 17, 2013 10:49 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 17, 2013 10:50 pm  #45

Maybe he's moving out after the wedding in episode 2?  We don't know exactly when they built that set, so it could have been there the entire time.

July 18, 2013 7:22 am  #46

Maybe Mary dies in episode 3 and John blames Sherlock for her death and John split up with their friendship and moves back in his old flat. And the last scenes of the episode shows them both allone and sad because of what they lost. Just an idea (but I don't like it).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

July 18, 2013 7:58 am  #47

But surely they've been apart all ready?! And had a reunion, well they will have done by then.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 18, 2013 10:13 am  #48

I watched some spoiler videos and what is Derren Brown doing there? Hypnotizing John, that he believes that Sherlock is dead?
And I still don't get Moriarty with Sherlock's coat:/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The wall had it coming.

July 18, 2013 11:53 am  #49

I think they're trolling us with Derren Brown being on set. Isn't he a friend of Mark Gatiss? I don't see why he would be there. If all clues to the fall are in the episodes then he shouldn't make a difference to the solution.

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

July 18, 2013 11:55 am  #50

But they can't account for people(including journalists) watching and reporting on the filming!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 18, 2013 12:18 pm  #51

Yeah, I think that and Moriarty wearing Sherlock's coat talking to Mycroft as the walk out of St Bart's are big trolls.

July 18, 2013 1:07 pm  #52

Really?  Not delusion?

July 18, 2013 1:13 pm  #53

If they are a dream or delusion, they still aren't real.  I essentially don't see how they could be real at all.

July 18, 2013 9:01 pm  #54

Yeah, but filming isn't free so why they would waste their time and money for filming something just for couple of spoiler pictures?

The wall had it coming.

July 18, 2013 9:03 pm  #55

Yeah, but those wouldn't be that expensive to make.  They're out there, anyway.  It's not as if they rented equipment for Andrew Scott and Mark Gatiss to walk out of a hospital.

July 18, 2013 11:07 pm  #56

"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking, but usually it's subtext."

July 18, 2013 11:17 pm  #57

OMG, at comic-con they showed a clip from episode 2 to the audience!  It involves the wedding speech and how John asked Sherlock to be his best man!  And how Sherlock doesn't realize that he is John's best friend (awwwwwwwww).  And people are saying that they hug!

Okay, I can't wait now :D

Last edited by sj4iy (July 19, 2013 12:04 am)

July 19, 2013 1:06 am  #58

sj4iy wrote:

OMG, at comic-con they showed a clip from episode 2 to the audience!  It involves the wedding speech and how John asked Sherlock to be his best man!  And how Sherlock doesn't realize that he is John's best friend (awwwwwwwww).  And people are saying that they hug!

Okay, I can't wait now :D

Sherlock not realising he is John's best friend is so very Sherlock of him...

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

July 19, 2013 1:42 am  #59

Alright, for as much as I can make out of the audio- if I mess up a few parts, forgive me.  I've never seen the clip, I've only heard the audio, and I'm guessing a bit as to what is happening during the scenes:

Sherlock is giving the wedding toast:

SH: John Watson.  My friend, John Watson.  John.  When John first broached the subject of being best man, I was confused.

(flashback to apartment)

SH: What's that noise downstairs?

JW: That was Mrs. Hudson laughing.

SH: It sounded like she was torturing an owl.

JW: Well, it was laughter.

SH: Could have been both.

JW: What are you...?

[Sherlock is doing an experiment with an eyeball, blow-torch and goggles.  He puts the eyeball in a cup of coffee.]

SH: Just occupying myself.  Sometimes it's so...

JW: Mind if I join you?

SH: Be my guest.  (sing-songy) Tea?

JW: So, the big question.

SH: Mmhmm.

JW: The best man.

SH: The best man?

JW: What do you think?

SH: Billy Kinkaid.

JW: Sorry?

SH: Billy Kinkaid the counting garroter, best man I ever knew.  Advanced contributions to charity, never disclosed.  Personally managed to save three hospitals from closure, and they are the best and safest childrens' homes in North England.  But then again, there were some garrotings, but stacking up the lives saved against the garrotings, on balance I'd-

JW: My wedding, I need a best man.

SH: Oh.

JW: Maybe not a garrotter.

SH: Gavin.

JW: Who?

SH: Gavin Lestrade- he's a man and good at it.

JW: It's Greg, and no, he's not my best friend.

SH: Oh, Mike Stamford, I see.  Well, he's nice, although I'm not sure how well he'll cope with-

JW: No Mike's nice, but he's not my best friend.

(silence)

JW: Look Sherlock, this is the biggest and most important day of my life.

SH: [shrug]

JW: No, it is, and who are the two people that I love, and care about, most in the world?

SH: Yes?

JW: Mary Morstan, and....

SH: Yes?

JW: ...you.

[cut back to Sherlock's narration as the best man]

SH: That's because I didn't realize he was asking me when finally I understood, I expressed to him that I was both flattered and surprised...

[Sherlock is still in shock, motionless- then back to his speech as the best man]

...I explained to him that I never expected this request and I was a little daunted in the face of it.

JW: Sherlock...

SH: [narrating] I made him this promise that I would do my very best to accomplish this task that was, for me, as demanding and difficult as any I have ever contemplated.  Additionally I thanked him for the trust he placed in me, and I was even close to being...moved by it.

[Sherlock still in shock]

SH: [narrating] It later transpired that I had said none of this out loud.

[flashback]

SH: You...you mean?

JW: Yes.

SH: I'm your...best...

{at the same time}
JW: Man.
SH: Friend?

JW: Of course you are.  Of course.  You're my best friend.

(Sherlock takes a drink of some coffee with an eyeball in it, then spits the eyeball back out).

JW: How was that?

SH: Surprising okay.

Last edited by sj4iy (July 22, 2013 2:56 pm)

July 19, 2013 1:55 am  #60

They hug? They HUG?

Color me skeptical.

"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking, but usually it's subtext."

Board footera