BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 8, 2013 12:16 pm  #101

Re: Series 4 Confirmed!!

They released an entire collection of stories under the title His Last Bow....*gets copy of Complete Sherlock Holmes off shelf*....They are:

Wisteria Lodge
The Bruce Partington Plans
The Devil's Foot
The Red CIrcle
Lady Frances Carfax
The Dying Detective
His Last Bow

The main plot of the S3 E3 storyline could be taken from any of the above.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 9, 2013 7:16 am  #102

I think i might need a shock blanket

Oh, I may be on the side of the angels... but don't think for one second that I am one of them.

July 10, 2013 3:45 pm  #103

sounds like a "plan" 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

July 15, 2013 6:16 pm  #104

I don't know. I am also very terrified about the whole bow-thing. The hint for the S3E3-title beginning with 'His...' sounds so much like 'His last bow' to me.
And unfortunately there is still no confirmation for a 4th series - only some vague statements of the actors. Even Steven Moffat didn't sound very certain about a 4th series. It drives me crazy!

Some time ago, I found this interview from Benedict with the 'Stuttgarter Zeitung' (it's in german):
http://benedict-cumberbatch.de/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/SueddeutscheZeitung.jpg

And here the translation:
http://thechopinist.tumblr.com/post/51079156639/an-interview-of-benedict-cumberbatch-with-the-german

The last statement sounds as if Benedict don't want to play Sherlock anymore.

Sorry! I don't want to be a drama queen or drag you down or something like that, but I do not hold much hope for a 4th series, anymore.
I just hope for a fair ending. To finally end a series with a cliffhanger would be very cruel.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

July 17, 2013 2:57 pm  #105

That's weird...I've never seen him talk like that before. He's quite right about being consumed by a role and everyone associating you with this one role, but I think the gaps they have between each series ensure that the actors get to do plenty of other really good parts. But...I guess if they wanted to have an even longer gap, I would be happy with that. I would seriously just keep waiting, as long as they were going to do another...if they weren't doing anther series I kind of feel like I wouldn't know what to do...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 17, 2013 3:18 pm  #106

I've seen this interview some time ago and quoted it somewhere here in the forum. It's a bit weird, that's true, but as far as I know it's the only time Benedict (or anyone) has mentioned something like this. As long as they are talking about a cliffhanger for series 3 we shouldn't be too worried. Or is this just me thinking positively? 
Another thought: This article is two months old and has been translated into English. Why hasn't there been a cry of outrage on tumblr? 

Last edited by SusiGo (July 17, 2013 3:21 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 17, 2013 7:39 pm  #107

I don´t believe that you are just thinking positively, Susi. We don´t know under which circumstances that interview was made, how they´ve cut it eg. Although it´s a serious newspaper they definitely have cut it somehow, they never leave it 1:1. I am very much fighting the impulse to believe that .
I am more attempted to believe that Benedict Cumberbatch´s little Freudian slip with the signing of a fourth series is becoming true....

July 17, 2013 8:34 pm  #108

So am I, Anja, so am I. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 17, 2013 9:02 pm  #109

Yeah, I also thought about the possibility, that his statements where maybe put out of context. Or maybe, he just had a bad day by saying this .

This uncertainity is just so annoying! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

July 17, 2013 9:05 pm  #110

They love to make us suffer. Nothing new under the sun. 

July 19, 2013 5:17 am  #111

http://www.hitfix.com/starr-raving/comic-con-2013-sherlock-teases-season-3-resurrection-and-more

"Vertue confirmed that season four has been commissioned, though Moffat was less sure about a Sherlock film. "It's an interesting thought. It take ages to set up films... films are really slow compared to television. It would reduce the quality even further. But one never knows. We do have the two biggest film stars out there in our show. You wouldn't even get them in the same film now. But we do get them and they're always delighted to come back." (quote from the article above)

Well, I would say, just keep calm and don't worry, all will be well in the end

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

July 19, 2013 5:47 am  #112

Careful, this article contains a SPOILER (it mentions what the scene shown @SDCC was about). I read it by accident, so I'd like to at least warn others who don't want know anything
And it's also badly researched: "The first episode, 'The Empty Purse' ".... No further comment.

But I'm very happy about the confirmation for series 4.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead." 

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

July 19, 2013 6:07 am  #113

Sorry about the spoiler, but I guess by now it will be all over the internet anyway and it isn't really a big one, details weren't given.
But if the rest of you don't want to know about the scene, just read the quote I posted

I mainly posted the article because of the confirmation of series 4, which is the most important message to be had out of it!

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

July 19, 2013 6:13 am  #114

Film? Meh!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 19, 2013 6:14 am  #115

Depends on how you see it, I guess I'm one of those people who don't know (and don't want to know) ANY plot information whatsoever, so that was quite a big spoiler for me.

But you're definitely right, the series 4 confirmation is hugely important (and already made my day )!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead." 

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

July 19, 2013 1:40 pm  #116

Apologies for spoilers. And yes guys, please try to remember that while it might be obvious for us, there are some people who literally know NOTHING and want it to stay that way. A friend of mine still doesn't know the episode titles for Series 3! So, if there's any kind of spoiler at all, please warn. - Thanks guys! - SH

Really pleased about this news which is basically a confirmation on what we've all been hoping - there's definitely going to be a Series 4. Which means we can all look forward to our painful Moffat cliffhanger.

Board footera