BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 16, 2013 6:36 pm  #1

The evolution of Anderson..

So, I was thinking about this the other day...what will Anderson be like in the next series?  I'm sure he didn't take pleasure in Sherlock's death...he's not evil.  I would bet that it really shook him up, and that he would blame himself.  So I wonder if Anderson will be different...maybe not like Sherlock...but maybe he would stop being jealous of him so much when he comes back?

What do you guys think?  Would love to hear about it!

(No spoilers in this thread, please)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

July 16, 2013 7:33 pm  #2

Re: The evolution of Anderson..

I've not really thought about Anderson in that way but I did wonder how Sherlock would react to him. I have this idea that Sherlock will try to be a better person around people as he's realised what an ass he can be. I imagine him having a talk with John when they are approaching a crime scene about being civil, etc etc.

He sticks to the plan and has a strained but nice talk with Sally....then he sees Anderson and it's just too much for him to bear. He shuts the door right in his face....again!

I so want to see this happen just for the laughs!

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

July 16, 2013 8:43 pm  #3

We need Anderson as Sherlock's target and as grounds for more hilarious quotes.
Therefore he won't change that much, I presume.
Otherwise it would be a shame!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 16, 2013 9:00 pm  #4

I definitely wouldn't want to lose the banter...but people change.  I think these characters will change a lot do the circumstances of Sherlock's "suicide".  They wouldn't be human if they didn't.

Last edited by sj4iy (July 16, 2013 9:03 pm)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

July 17, 2013 12:12 am  #5

I imagine that Sherlock would still call him in idiot. Despite everything I honestly can't picture him doing anything else. Guess it depends how Anderson and Donovan act after he's gone and once he comes back.

================================================================

July 17, 2013 2:49 pm  #6

It's an interesting question, and would certainly be weird if all the characters just carried on in exactly the same way as before, or didn't have some kind of moment, one scene at least, where their behaviour was addressed or explained or mentioned.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 17, 2013 7:45 pm  #7

I rather think that when Sherlock is resurrected, there will be an inquiry into the behavior of both Sally and Anderson.  Lestrad has already been put through the wringer after TRB no doubt.

When Sherlock is brought into the first car post TRF, I think both Sally and Anderson will avoid him as best as possible. Sally may try to apologize,  Anderson can't, or won't.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beware of dragons for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup

Dr. Horribles sing along blog
You people all have to learn
This world is going to burn
Burn
(yeah, it’s two r’s. H, O, R, R, yeah right.)
Burn

January 15, 2014 12:24 am  #8

sj4iy wrote:

So, I was thinking about this the other day...what will Anderson be like in the next series?  I'm sure he didn't take pleasure in Sherlock's death...he's not evil.  I would bet that it really shook him up, and that he would blame himself.  So I wonder if Anderson will be different...maybe not like Sherlock...but maybe he would stop being jealous of him so much when he comes back?

WOW - you were right!!!

January 15, 2014 12:26 am  #9

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

WOW - you were right!!!

Ha ha, do I get a cookie? XD

January 15, 2014 12:55 am  #10

sj4iy wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

WOW - you were right!!!

Ha ha, do I get a cookie? XD

Yes. Yes, you do.

Here:

January 15, 2014 1:16 am  #11

Sweet!  Cumbercookies are the best ;)

Board footera