BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 7, 2013 4:32 am  #1

A thread or forum for spoilers please?

I know that this may get shot down, but can there be at least one thread where we can actually talk about spoilers more than one word long?  Very clearly marked off, and nothing allowed out of it?  It's incredibly hard to discuss some things like the fall or what we think is going to happen if we're not allowed to throw something in there that we already know.  I'll understand your decision either way, but this way people would know that there are spoilers in that forum, and not to go there if they don't want to see it.  It's just a suggestion...and it would be really fun to talk about what we think.

Thanks for listening,

sj4iy

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

July 7, 2013 10:00 am  #2

Re: A thread or forum for spoilers please?

I do see your point. Boss and Davina, what are your thoughts? I know, it's a tricky situation, but maybe we could create a thread with a very big warning. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 7, 2013 10:30 am  #3

When I read the more recent theories in the theories thread I cannot help feeling that many of the user's thoughts on the question how Sherlock did it are a result of spoiler pics anyway.
So - why not discuss the theories openly - of course tagged with a warning as big as a gigantic Hound?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 7, 2013 10:39 am  #4

I would love a thread like that. BIG warnings included, of course!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

July 7, 2013 10:46 am  #5

Yes, that would be nice. I would like to catch up on some spoilers I missed out on and be allowed to discuss them. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

July 7, 2013 11:39 am  #6

No problem just with big warnings on the title so no one can say they were not warned! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 7, 2013 1:43 pm  #7

Thanks!

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

July 7, 2013 2:20 pm  #8

I created a separate spoiler thread for fall theories now :D  With really big warnings, lol.

July 8, 2013 11:06 am  #9

Yeah that's absolutley fine. I'm all spoilered myself now too, so wouldn''t mind chatting about it. Hehe.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 15, 2013 6:24 pm  #10

sj4iy wrote:

I created a separate spoiler thread for fall theories now :D  With really big warnings, lol.

Just for the fall and S3E1? Or for all spoilers considering series 3?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

July 17, 2013 2:40 pm  #11

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

Board footera