BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 1, 2013 9:58 pm  #21

Re: The Fifth Estate -Assange film

Yes. A Not Meeting Cumberbatch At All Depression. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 1, 2013 10:07 pm  #22

SusiGo wrote:

Yes. A Not Meeting Cumberbatch At All Depression. 

Followed by a  I Might Meet Him Some Day In Future And It Will Be One Of My Greatest Day In Life Anticipation   

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

February 1, 2013 10:10 pm  #23

Oh, yes, that's a great idea. I love optimism. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 1, 2013 10:11 pm  #24

I had this kind of feeling in November 2011 in London. It was the "I Missed Cumberbatch Because I Waited In Front Of The Wrong Door Rage".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 1, 2013 10:16 pm  #25

Optimism- must be at least one good influence from here.    (I'm usually rather pessimistic). 

Tobe, extremely disappointing; I can fully understand.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

February 1, 2013 10:58 pm  #26

tobeornot221b wrote:

I had this kind of feeling in November 2011 in London. It was the "I Missed Cumberbatch Because I Waited In Front Of The Wrong Door Rage".

Maybe we will have better luck in London this March, Tobe.  You never know!  We can dream, right? 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

February 2, 2013 4:01 pm  #27

Surely we can. And we will. 

February 4, 2013 11:37 pm  #28

I really loved the link from the person who became an extra during the filming in Berlin, thanks Susi!   I have high hopes that we will all get to read similar stories of adventures by our
our Forum March 2013 London Travelers.   We will dream it,  you guys get to BE IT!   maybe.  

February 5, 2013 7:34 am  #29

We'll do our very best. 

February 5, 2013 12:53 pm  #30

Yes, we will try very hard; however, we're going to need the eyes and ears of everyone here to keep us informed of any Batch or Martin movement in London. Even though they're supposed to be filming in Wales, they could come up to London for the weekend to catch some theatre or something. ( I think "Book of Morman" is opening that weekend.  Huge hit on Broadway - could attract an A-list audience). My big hope is for location filming - but that would be like some kind of miracle.  In that case, pray everyone - even if you're an atheist! 

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

February 5, 2013 2:04 pm  #31

The producers are looking for extras for filming in Belgium and contacted the local hacker community. Quite interesting information - and any Belgian hackers that are by change fans of Benedict should give it a try: 

http://www.meetup.com/bigdatabe/messages/boards/thread/30813512/

June 13, 2013 7:28 am  #32

Benedict on playing Julian Assange:

https://soundcloud.com/hollywood-outbreak/benedict-cumberbatch-felt-a?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=wtshare&utm_medium=Twitter&utm_content=http%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Fhollywood-outbreak%2Fbenedict-cumberbatch-felt-a

According to filmstarts.de in Germany the film will be released on 31 October. It will be called "Inside Wikileaks - Die fünfte Macht". 

Last edited by SusiGo (June 13, 2013 7:31 am)

June 13, 2013 3:22 pm  #33

That's brilliant! All the more, as the following day is a bank holiday over here...

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 1, 2013 7:15 pm  #34

Here's a preview. Quite interesting although I don't share his opinion that Benedict mostly plays cold and emotionally distant characters:

http://www.filmoa.com/magazine/benedict-cumberbatch-dyes-hair-and-goes-for-the-wikileak-look-of-julian-assange

July 1, 2013 9:10 pm  #35

He has a knack for these sort of characters but the range of his work is not limited to such characters. 

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 1, 2013 9:13 pm  #36

No, it isn't. And at one point he usually shows the character's deeper feelings. I think Paul Marshall might be the only exception in his film parts. 

July 17, 2013 8:28 am  #37

Here's finally the official trailer. It's only 2.32 minutes but you can tell he is brilliant. Looking forward very much to the film: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT1wb8_tcYU

Last edited by SusiGo (July 17, 2013 8:29 am)

July 17, 2013 11:25 am  #38

OK, just watched the trailer, must say I had no notion until now that the concept of a film about Julian Assange could be this attractive!

July 17, 2013 11:38 am  #39

Ahem, yes. 

July 17, 2013 4:44 pm  #40

BC seems brilliant, but also the trailer itself is very well done, IMO.  Now I am very curious to see it, not only because of Benedict, but because it genuinely intrigued me. 

Board footera