BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 13, 2013 7:24 am  #1

Super Noodles ad

Oh.....  my.......   I have no idea how I just found this little gem.....

In every actor's career, they end up doing some weird stints.  Yes, here's our favorite Martin, doing a tv ad for Super Noodles over a decade ago.  So.... cutely young!  So.... strange!   So.... I really have no idea!  I couldn't even laugh at first, I was just staring at the screen in what-in-the-world amazement.     Enjoy!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

May 13, 2013 9:36 am  #2

Re: Super Noodles ad

Well I liked these  ads better than the product!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 13, 2013 1:47 pm  #3

Simon Pegg's voice?

I used to really like the curried ones, then I used to pep them up, now I just buy actual noodles and do the whole thing from scratch. Noodles, the food of students!

Martin Freeman certainly could be construed as racist in the second advert these days.

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

May 15, 2013 3:26 am  #4

m0r1arty wrote:

Simon Pegg's voice?

I used to really like the curried ones, then I used to pep them up, now I just buy actual noodles and do the whole thing from scratch. Noodles, the food of students!

Martin Freeman certainly could be construed as racist in the second advert these days.

-m0r

No idea, but just thought I'd answer your comment with saying that someone in the comments was sure it was a 'Steve Coogan'?  Not familiar, so wouldn't know.  I'm just in it for the strange Martin. 

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

May 15, 2013 3:44 am  #5

His face at the end of the second ad had me doubled over!
So young!

================================================================

July 16, 2013 10:37 am  #6

Martin has a gift for being effortlessly funny and adorable

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."
Whoa.  Sherlock was quoting Spock who was quoting Sherlock....Mind blown!!

Board footera