BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 15, 2013 10:43 am  #21

Re: 12 Years a Slave

Release date for Germany: 23 January 2014

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 15, 2013 6:17 pm  #22

Ahead of us AGAIN! It can be an early Valentine's Day present! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 19, 2013 7:24 am  #23

Now here's the first pic of Benedict in the film, together with Chiwetel Ejiofor. 

The trailer will be released on 21 June. 

​More photos and information here: http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2013/06/18/12-years-a-slave-movie-first-look/2429803/

Last edited by SusiGo (June 19, 2013 3:27 pm)

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 19, 2013 5:17 pm  #24

He looks so incredibly young here, almost a boy!

June 19, 2013 8:39 pm  #25

Saw this on Facebook today and I nearly imploded, I was like "CURLS! VIOLIN!" *dies*. My 10 year old son thought it was hilarious.

"He will outlive God trying to have the last word."

June 19, 2013 10:23 pm  #26

Some of the other photos are really good too (especially The Cruel Master) the eyes! Arggggh! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 30, 2013 2:49 pm  #27

The release date-limited showings- has been moved right forward until October 18th 2013. Certainly some US cinemas. I am on the hunt to find out more!

July 16, 2013 6:33 am  #28

July 16, 2013 6:35 am  #29

Just beat me to it Susi! Great minds think alike. Keep your eyes peeled for Benedict! No need to keep them peeled for Michael Fassbender though! This film is going to be gruellingly great! 

July 16, 2013 6:56 am  #30

It looks very good. I started reading the book as well. What a dramatic true story. 

July 16, 2013 4:17 pm  #31

This film looks amazing.  BC is a bonus but I would certainly want to see this even if I had no idea who he was.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 16, 2013 7:28 pm  #32

We are thinking of planning a group movie night to go and see this. The gals and I, that is!

July 16, 2013 11:10 pm  #33

Does he play a stereotypical cruel slave owner - or is he a sympathetic character?

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

July 17, 2013 8:22 am  #34

He is a "good" slave owner but nonetheless a slave owner. I'm just reading the book. 

July 18, 2013 8:05 am  #35

I couldn't decide whether to read the book first or to see the film first. I still cannot!

July 26, 2013 11:51 am  #36

It's showing at The Toronto Film Festival in September! Wooooo!

July 27, 2013 2:52 am  #37

Davina wrote:

It's showing at The Toronto Film Festival in September! Wooooo!

With him having, what, three movies in the festival they might as well just call it The Benedict Cumberbatch Appreciation Fest.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 27, 2013 8:23 am  #38

Exactly. I'm very excited to see those films and hope he gets the attention he deserves. 

August 31, 2013 7:01 pm  #39

There is going to be a first, special screening at the a Telluride Festival in the USA. Then  a further screening sometime in New York. I'm really jealous of those able to go to the Telluride Festival because a number of the cast and the director are at the festival. I would give my eye-teeth to be there.

September 1, 2013 7:05 pm  #40

The screening took place a couple of days ago. The reactions have been absolutely fantastic, although it is by all accounts absolutely harrowing (not just crying during the screening but sobbing and moaning). Those in the know declare that this film will definitely be a front runner for the Oscars. I really hope that this is the case! I cannot wait to go and see this but I think I had better take a plentiful supply of tissues with me! 

Board footera