BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 28, 2013 7:16 am  #1

First steps :-)

Having been a regular and - up to date - secret visitor to this forum for more than two months now, I think it is about time for me to officially join you.
I am 30 years old and I have always been in love with all stories related with or situated in Victorian England.

The series "Sherlock" came to me through a close friend/family member. The first episode which I saw on the telly then was "A Scandal in Belgravia", and I was hooked after 10 minutes, and immediately afterwards went for the first three episodes (watched them within two days) and then saw the last two, and what can I say, ever since that day I have never really made it back out of the "Sherlock loop".

I love the series as a whole. I think it is the best combination of brilliant writing and wonderful acting I have seen in a long time, but I really don't have to tell you that ;-).
I just love seeing a Sherlock who, in all his characteristics, is as close to canon as you can possibly ever get.

And I adore the deep friendship between Sherlock and John. I think it has never been portrayed quite like this before, with such an amazing chemistry between the two lead characters.

So I am immensely looking forward to being part of this forum

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

June 28, 2013 7:30 am  #2

Re: First steps :-)

Welcome to the forum, it's great you've come out of the shadows. And what a lovely introduction. I think you found the right place. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 28, 2013 8:01 am  #3

Nice to meet you. Enjoy! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

June 28, 2013 8:26 am  #4

Isn't it interesting that almost everyone here has the same "history" in experiencing Sherlock and getting addicted almost immediately?
Welcome and let's dance! 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

June 28, 2013 5:46 pm  #5

Hello and welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your contributions...and to series 3 (of course).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 28, 2013 6:30 pm  #6

Wow, brill intro!  Welcome! I love your avatar too and yet again it seems that once we see one ep we just gobble up the rest asap.

"He will outlive God trying to have the last word."

June 29, 2013 12:46 am  #7

Hi there and welcome to the forum!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is the foil of a detective a thief or a magician?

My Theory on the Fall: http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=21539#p21539

June 29, 2013 7:10 am  #8

Welcome, and thanks for the detailed introduction. Looks like you found the right place to be!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

June 29, 2013 7:25 am  #9

Thank you all for the very nice welcome!

@Mattlocked: yes, you are right about the similar stories of how we all have come to love "Sherlock", I think it is also part of the beauty of this fandom

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

June 29, 2013 10:54 am  #10

So, since you are not actually new to this forum, we welcome you as an active member now! 

What a nice introduction! Your avatar is also lovely. 
Have a nice time here and enjoy yourself. 

Greetings from Germany,
Mary :*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

June 30, 2013 7:35 am  #11

Thank you, Mary! :-))
By the way, great user name :D

July 6, 2013 7:01 pm  #12

Welcome to the forum!

I really like your name, reminds me of the Dancing Men. Nice to see another canon fan too. 

Sherlock does sort of have that addictive quality. I think we need Sherlock patches. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 10, 2013 8:18 pm  #13

Ello! My name is Matilda calling out from the U.S. of A. A huge Sherlockian, Trekkie, Whovian, Oncer, Tribute, and many other things!!!!! I'm a aspiring author, and hope to one day become an official one One day I plan to go to London and the Netherlands, my favourite country

-Mystie Holmes

When you walk with Sherlock Holmes you see the battlefield.-M.H.

Are you ready for the story?-J.M. xx

Pray give my greetings to Mrs. Watson, and believe me to be, my dear fellow, 
Very sincerely yours,
Sherlock Holmes

July 10, 2013 9:03 pm  #14

Welcome to the forum!!!!!  It's great that you decided to come out of the shadows and join us

Look forward to hearing from you and now you get to see (or well now you get to join) our crazy little appreciation group we have here, YAY!

July 11, 2013 6:02 am  #15

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Welcome to the forum!

I really like your name, reminds me of the Dancing Men. Nice to see another canon fan too. 

Sherlock does sort of have that addictive quality. I think we need Sherlock patches. 

Thank you!
I love the canon, rereading it right now. (And yes, of course you are right about where the inspiration for my name came from)

Sherlock patches - absolutely need them, where can we get them??? Not, that I think they would help at all, but patches is good!!

And welcome Matilda!!

July 11, 2013 3:45 pm  #16

Hello, the_dancing_woman. Great to have You here. Cheers from Poland. 

Science has not yet taught us if madness is or is not the sublimity of the intelligence.

July 12, 2013 1:53 am  #17

Hi! 😝

~Sherlie

"Please don't feel obliged to tell me that was remarkable or amazing. John's expressed that thought in every possible variant available to the English language"

"Well that was TEDIOUS"

July 12, 2013 10:08 pm  #18

Welcome at this forum the_dancing_woman ^^ Hope you like it here!!  The Sherlockian family is growing bigger and bigger ^^

To all who read this ; have a great summer!!  Greetings from the Netherlands, Foy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things"

*Sherlock: This is your heart. And you should never let it rule your head. You could have chosen any random number and walked out of here today with everything you worked for. But you just couldn't resist it, could you? I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof.
-Irene Adler: Everything I said, it's not real. I was just playing the game.
*Sherlock: I know. And this is just losing. {I AM SHERLOCKED}.

Board footera