BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 9, 2013 7:14 am  #1

Benedict Cumberbatch may not know how Sherlock returns

Hello fellow Sherlockians!

Just a little interview with our lovely Una Stubbs who plays the part of Mrs. Hudson on Sherlock.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-07-08/una-stubbs-im-not-sure-benedict-cumberbatch-knows-how-sherlock-comes-back

"The actress who plays Mrs Hudson says the cast are kept in the dark about plot details.  I’m not sure Benedict Cumberbatch knows how Sherlock comes back."

I know that the actors are banned from giving out any sort of spoilers or hints for Sherlock Series 3, but come on.....wouldn't the actors know how their character returns?  They are making the episodes....

This makes me wonder, maybe they won't explain it until later int he series?  Either way it just seems they are trying to make everyone seem oblivious to everything so that no one leaks any plot details ;)

Last edited by Chiblits (July 9, 2013 7:15 am)

July 9, 2013 6:28 pm  #2

Re: Benedict Cumberbatch may not know how Sherlock returns

Hm, if this is really the case we can assume that Sherlock is not going to explain to John in detail how he did it. Which makes me also wonder.
They're done filming, aren't they.

I really really hate to say this but we won't figure it out until series 3 has aired. God dammit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 9, 2013 6:29 pm  #3

But that's the fun of it. Would you really want to know everything in advance? Btw, nice to see you again, Mary. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 9, 2013 8:18 pm  #4

Oh I definitely don't want to know anything in advance, but I wonder then.....maybe they won't explain Sherlock's plan (how he pulled of his X_X).

Maybe they won't explain it until Series 4.  I do believe they are done filming.  The last epsisode of series 3 was being filmed in early June.  Maybe it won't be done until late July.

July 10, 2013 6:21 am  #5

They still have filming to complete for Series 3. They have a break in filming at the moment.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 10, 2013 7:56 am  #6

Mary Me wrote:

Hm, if this is really the case we can assume that Sherlock is not going to explain to John in detail how he did it.

Funny, just the other day I said to a friend "You know what, after years of theorizing and analyzing of how he survived the fall, it's probably gonna be like this when S3 is broadcast:
Sherlock: 'Look, John, let me explain how...'
John: 'I don't even want to know, I don't care how you did it! Never talk about it again!' 

and it's business as usual from there

But, if Moftiss value their lives, they'd better give the fans an explanation  (preferrably a stunning one...)

Also, I don't quite believe that is going to happen, but it surely is a scary thought^^

Last edited by SherlockianDE (July 10, 2013 7:57 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead." 

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

July 10, 2013 8:14 am  #7

But as far as I understood...  They have filmed the 1st 2 episodes...how can Benedict not know?  He must have done that filming.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 10, 2013 11:56 am  #8

I simply think that Una Stubbs is just coquetting with her and especially BCs knowledge. So she avoids further questions ("I ´don´t know nothing, and others, too").
I can imagine that she actually doesn´t know everything. But definitely Cumberbatch and Freeman know....

July 10, 2013 7:40 pm  #9

Don't worry. This is just sarcasm and fooling around on Una's part. OF COURSE BENEDICT KNOWS - THEY'VE FILMED THE SOLUTION.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 10, 2013 9:14 pm  #10

I'm surprised though about how little spoilers (real spoilers) there are out there on the internet.  I mean usually a lot of info gets leaked from movies/tv shows/ etc, but this time around everyone is so hush hush about it....it's nice for a change, keeps me on my thinking toes

But yes, I figured that Benedict and Martin must know (everyone is part of it as well), but are just playing dumb.  Yet, it could be true if they haven't finished filming the last episode that they don't know.  Maybe we won't find out how Sherlock pulled everything off until the end of the series. Ahhhhh either way it's probably something so obviously clever.  Darn.

July 10, 2013 9:23 pm  #11

Believe me, there is no shortage of spoilers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 11, 2013 8:16 am  #12

besleybean wrote:

Believe me, there is no shortage of spoilers.

Yes. But they don't spoil anything.

July 11, 2013 8:18 am  #13

Confirm my worst fears, in some cases!

July 11, 2013 8:46 pm  #14

SHH.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 11, 2013 8:59 pm  #15

Everybody else will be completely fine...I'm just weird!

Board footera