BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 7, 2013 5:31 pm  #841

Re: Cabin pressure

My favorites are Ottery St. Mary, Qikiqtarjuaq, Uskerty, and Xinzhou.  I think all of those made me cry with laughter, they were so hilarious.  We play fizz buzz with my 4 year old...she loves it.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

July 11, 2013 11:07 am  #842

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 11, 2013 12:10 pm  #843

Nice face! I'm talking about the Patek Philippe! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 11, 2013 12:18 pm  #844

Of course you are. Is there anything else with nice face? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 11, 2013 12:40 pm  #845

If I get one, it had better play the simpsons theme at 7 o'clock.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

July 11, 2013 8:10 pm  #846

I only recently got my hands on Cabin Pressure.... oh my word, it's incredible!! I don't want to be disloyal to Ben but Roger Allam steals the show for me. My only problem is that I keep listening to episodes at the wrong time - either just before bed (so I'm wide awake from giggling so much) or in public places... I was leaving the hospital earlier today, and I'm walking through the corridors - surrounded by sick and injured people - and I burst out in uncontrollable raucous laughter. The stares I got... I think I was being judged, either as downright crazy or just highly lacking in compassion. Oops. It's just as bad when I listen on the tube and I'm sniggering through my commute....

----------------------------------------------------------------------

We met twice, five minutes in total. I pulled a gun, he tried to blow me up. I felt we had a special something.

Icon credit: wraith816 @ livejournal

July 11, 2013 9:19 pm  #847

Don't worry, you're not alone. Ask Susi, or me. We go shopping, jogging, drive the car or take the train.  CAN lead to strange situations sometimes... 

July 11, 2013 9:25 pm  #848

Oh, yes, laughing out loud in the fruit and vegetable section! 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 12, 2013 3:12 pm  #849

Went to Aldi with Limerick today. Made shopping definitely less tedious than usual. 

July 13, 2013 1:39 pm  #850

Roger Allam is spectacular in CP and he has a very distinctive voice.  I love his character and to be fair, he has the best part and best lines.
Listened to Xinzhou yesterday and got hysterical, it was just too hilarious. "Have a banana!" This is my number one so far (I skipped season 3 for some reason) with Limerick going close at number 2.

July 24, 2013 9:47 am  #851

The heat is doing strange things to my brain. 

July 24, 2013 11:06 am  #852

That reminds me of my husband asking when there will be more CP !? (I guess he is addicted.  )

July 24, 2013 11:12 am  #853

Go and ask John on Twitter. 

July 24, 2013 11:21 am  #854

SusiGo wrote:

Oh, yes, laughing out loud in the fruit and vegetable section! 

Especially near the lemons.

July 24, 2013 11:55 am  #855

LOL Bought two yesterday. Not for hiding, though, but for a throat compress. 

July 24, 2013 2:04 pm  #856

Mattlocked wrote:

That reminds me of my husband asking when there will be more CP !? (I guess he is addicted. )

I read that the creator of the show never intended for it to end with series 4, so we may get more yet

July 24, 2013 2:27 pm  #857

sj4iy wrote:

Mattlocked wrote:

That reminds me of my husband asking when there will be more CP !? (I guess he is addicted. )

I read that the creator of the show never intended for it to end with series 4, so we may get more yet

There is the Chinese alphabet, for example. Or the Sumerian one... So many potential letters left!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

September 20, 2013 9:55 pm  #858

Got this from Amazon today.  Listening to first disc.  Trying not to wake husband with my chortles.

Oh what I would give to see their facial expressions.

I really did need a laugh today.

Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

September 20, 2013 10:17 pm  #859

It is the funniest, funniest programme isn't it! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 20, 2013 10:19 pm  #860

Ben needs more chances to do comedy.

Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

Board footera