BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 10, 2013 6:39 pm  #21

Re: Clues to S3 Ep 3 title hidden in Series 2 repeats

tobeornot221b wrote:

It can't be in the subtitles as they can't be seen in the normal broadcasting. But what about that scene with John typing "The Geek Interpreter" when Sherlock asks him "What does it need a title for?"
"The Geek Interpreter" is the "Title" - so they just have to add a word to it - and that would make a part of the episode's name then.

While that's true (and partly what I wondered if they meant), what do you meant it couldn't be the subtitles as well?  Slight word technicality here, subtitles would usually be shown in a different way, but closed captioning, on the other hand... what if you guys made sure to have your tv's closed captioning setting on, and I've sometimes seen some interesting things stuck in there....  ;)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

July 10, 2013 6:44 pm  #22

15 minutes into Scandal is the Buckingham Palace scene. There are the photos of The Woman's website.
But when they said that the visuals are not altered it can be in the sounds or ADRs.
Maybe they did some voice-over?
Or they added some sounds, pips to be decoded into letters?
What about the remote?
Any ideas?

July 10, 2013 6:49 pm  #23

Be wrote:

15 minutes into Scandal is the Buckingham Palace scene. There are the photos of The Woman's website.
But when they said that the visuals are not altered it can be in the sounds or ADRs.
Maybe they did some voice-over?
Or they added some sounds, pips to be decoded into letters?
What about the remote?
Any ideas?

I thought the remote was (well, for recorded/dvr people anyway) so that you could pause to look closer or easily read something on the screen (or one of their screens, like you said) before it quickly went away again...

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

July 10, 2013 7:05 pm  #24

This game is BBC only.  We have to wait and see what you all work out then.

July 10, 2013 9:48 pm  #25

I can imagine tremendous amounts of Sherlockians tuning in only to find out the 1st word is 'The'. Therefore we would be none the wiser :-Q

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

July 10, 2013 10:00 pm  #26

I'll keep an eye out while watching on Friday

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

July 11, 2013 1:17 pm  #27

nicbooful wrote:

I can imagine tremendous amounts of Sherlockians tuning in only to find out the 1st word is 'The'. Therefore we would be none the wiser :-Q

That's exactly what I was thinking! Anybody wanna bet that the first word is going to be "A" or "The"? and we'll all be even more frustrated...

More thoughts:
If the clue's in the sound, could the "remote control" mean that you have to turn up the volume to hear it?

Could "title" refer to anything like a royal title, something British? Is any title like that mentioned 15 minutes into ASIB (e.g. for that guy from Buckingham Palace)?

And most importantly: will somebody please post the clue in this forum once you've seen it? For all those poor people (like me^^) who cannot watch BBC channels in their country...

Last edited by SherlockianDE (July 11, 2013 1:20 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead." 

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

July 11, 2013 1:42 pm  #28

It can be in the on-screen texts. Maybe hide some letters there? A spelling mistake?
Just brainstorming nonsense...

July 11, 2013 3:23 pm  #29

Me as well thought, the remote was to pause and zoom and see clearly, some minute details in the background(may be in John's blog) which might be a clue to the title. But as it's said it can only be seen in this special broadcast I'm looking forward to hear from my privileged friends to brag about having a Johnlike experiance of UMQRA

July 11, 2013 4:06 pm  #30

Be wrote:

It can be in the on-screen texts. Maybe hide some letters there? A spelling mistake?

Problem is, at around 15 minutes into the episodes, there are no on-screen texts. I just examined that part very minutely.

15:00 starts right with John saying "I’m seriously fighting an impulse to steal an ashtray". The first on-screen text to appear is at 18:02, "I’m sending you a treat" (which is the text Irene Adler gets on her phone, together with pictures of Sherlock). Next is at 18:26, “Downloading image >>>”, and then Sherlock's deductions at 20:43.
Also, I would count the on-screen texts as visuals, and it said "No alterations have been made to the visuals of the episodes themselves".

I still rather think that they'll have altered the audio... so here are some passages that have any kind of "title" in it:
- Here to see the QUEEN?
- this must be DR JOHN WATSON of the FIFTH NORTHUMBERLAND FUSILIERS
- enjoyed the one about THE ALUMINIUM CRUTCH
- and MR HOLMES, THE YOUNGER
- not, to date, anyone with a NAVY
- professionally known as THE WOMAN

Maybe we shoud look out for what they might be saying at these passages during the repeat

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

July 11, 2013 4:40 pm  #31

SherlockianDE wrote:

Be wrote:

Problem is, at around 15 minutes into the episodes, there are no on-screen texts. I just examined that part very minutely.

15:00 starts right with John saying "I’m seriously fighting an impulse to steal an ashtray". The first on-screen text to appear is at 18:02, "I’m sending you a treat" (which is the text Irene Adler gets on her phone, together with pictures of Sherlock). Next is at 18:26, “Downloading image >>>”, and then Sherlock's deductions at 20:43.
Also, I would count the on-screen texts as visuals, and it said "No alterations have been made to the visuals of the episodes themselves".

I still rather think that they'll have altered the audio... so here are some passages that have any kind of "title" in it:
- Here to see the QUEEN?
- this must be DR JOHN WATSON of the FIFTH NORTHUMBERLAND FUSILIERS
- enjoyed the one about THE ALUMINIUM CRUTCH
- and MR HOLMES, THE YOUNGER
- not, to date, anyone with a NAVY
- professionally known as THE WOMAN

Maybe we shoud look out for what they might be saying at these passages during the repeat

Very thorough! I wish I could see it.

July 11, 2013 8:31 pm  #32

Guys, I'm so frustrated right now, I can't even. For me there's actually no greater torture than theorising about the next episode titles. Argh, after all the equivocalities regarding how he faked his death etc I'm in need of facts!

Okay. Trying to be useful. There is a problem if we try to take them literally when they say that the new title is in the old titles. So we've got Scandal, Hounds and Reichenbach Fall.
A Scandal in Reichenbach?
The Woman of Baskerville?
The Hounds in Belgravia?
The Woman falls?

I can't do this nonsense. 
However, I don't think this is the solution. They would not repeat themselves by using related titles.

It is all... frustrating!
Let's not forget about 'Bow' which could refer to 'His Last Bow'.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 11, 2013 8:45 pm  #33

MOFFAT: The title's in the titles.
SHERLOCK: I never liked riddles.
MOFFAT: Learn to.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 11, 2013 9:13 pm  #34

Bugger all, painful to be stranded on the wrong side of the pond.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 11, 2013 11:36 pm  #35

I still reckon that something will pop up during the title sequence...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

July 12, 2013 1:57 am  #36

I think it may be something with subtitles (sometimes the subtitles are different than what the characters are actually saying) but since I'm not in the UK I won't be able to test or find out first hand

So it could be within the subtitles, titles of John's blog, but I don't believe it is within the episode titles because if that were the case no one would need to be at the TV for the first 15 minute of the rerun. 

July 12, 2013 7:49 am  #37

tonnaree wrote:

Bugger all, painful to be stranded on the wrong side of the pond.

It's not any better even if you're on the right side of the pond - you need to be on a certain big island

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

July 12, 2013 8:13 am  #38

I will try and watch and see!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 12, 2013 6:58 pm  #39

Half an hour left. *excited*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 12, 2013 7:04 pm  #40

So  a Twitter Sherlockian was saying they could be 15 minutes in?  The clue, I mean!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera