BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 23, 2013 9:09 pm  #21

Re: How often/how many times have you watched the episodes?

Discovered Sherlock at the very end of April.

Watched Season 1 three times and Season 2, twice.

But I've seen a numerous scenes dozens and dozens of times, especially whenever I make fanvids and have to choose the extracts I want.

Just like old times...

June 24, 2013 12:39 pm  #22

I've watched both series a few times but I have not done so recently. I aim to watch series 1 and then series 2 again just before the new series is aired.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 24, 2013 1:41 pm  #23

I am unable to tell how often I watched them. Found the second Series accidentally on telly. Bought the DVD and after I discovered the English version I had to laugh a lot. My real obsession started when I tried to understand every joke. Needed some help with the dictionary I must admit. But is was probably a good idea because I discovered what I call subtext or writers talking. Saw it as a game of some kind to discover the hidden meaning relationship- and otherwise.
Right now I am looking for "The whole of the moon" or the real picture by building the puzzle if there is any other than the obvious. Balancing between dumping everything and not being able to.

June 24, 2013 3:21 pm  #24

I lost count, too.

Usually, I play Sherlock's DVDs randomly while getting dressed, tying hair, checking schedules, checking emails, keeping diaries, reading, translating, cleaning...basically anything I can do in front of my laptop.

Actually, I managed to get the mp3 files of the six episodes and transfered them to my smartphone. So I can listen to Sherlock while waiting for buses, taking MRT, jogging, roaming...basically anything I can do safely without proper hearing.

-------------------------------------------------
--------
“Why,” said I, glancing up at my companion, “that was surely the bell? Who could come to-night? Some friends of yours, perhaps?”

“Except yourself I have none,” he answered.

—Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, The Five Orange PipsThe Adventures of Sherlock Holms

June 24, 2013 4:40 pm  #25

I like re-watching my favourite scenes, especially the scenes in 221B at the beginning of Hounds

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

June 24, 2013 5:04 pm  #26

Thanks everyone, I'm really enjoying your replies. I shall be buying the boxset on Weds so I can enjoy the eps properly away from streaming them on a website. I also enjoy being nosey, love the idea of having the soundtrack and also having the eps on a smartphone .

"He will outlive God trying to have the last word."

July 10, 2013 7:51 pm  #27

I will dive in and watch Season 2 right now :-) 
In total I guess I have seen all episodes 10-15 times by now. 
Next up is the orginal UK version on BluRay (to have the original english text apprear on the screen), thankfully my birthday is soon 

July 10, 2013 8:27 pm  #28

This weekend I will be rewatching the whole series  I've seen them all 2-3 times, but I am new so I'm working up to that 20th watch XD

July 10, 2013 8:28 pm  #29

No way to count..When I had internet, I'd watch it on netflix, kinda over and over.  I have Series 2 on disc, and my kids (who are totally Johnlocked) will ask for a different show/movie.
we'd be watching full metal alchemist if we still had internet - or something else of my choosing. (Unless I'm still asleep, then some banal cartoon will be on - except Sponge Bob.  They know better than that.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beware of dragons for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup

Dr. Horribles sing along blog
You people all have to learn
This world is going to burn
Burn
(yeah, it’s two r’s. H, O, R, R, yeah right.)
Burn

July 10, 2013 9:04 pm  #30

butterfly grl wrote:

No way to count..When I had internet, I'd watch it on netflix, kinda over and over.  I have Series 2 on disc, and my kids (who are totally Johnlocked) will ask for a different show/movie.
we'd be watching full metal alchemist if we still had internet - or something else of my choosing. (Unless I'm still asleep, then some banal cartoon will be on - except Sponge Bob.  They know better than that.

I bow to your parenting...FMA?  You are the best :D

July 11, 2013 1:42 pm  #31

I've seen season 2 twice. The episodes 1&2 from season 1 three times, the 3rd one twice. Just because when I wanted to rewatch the whole Sherlock (for the second time) last year I ended up watching only two first episodes of season 1. So just last month I did rewatch all episodes ;]

The Road goes ever on and on...

July 12, 2013 10:12 pm  #32

No clue

------------------------------------------------------------------
-Mystie Holmes

When you walk with Sherlock Holmes you see the battlefield.-M.H.

Are you ready for the story?-J.M. xx

Pray give my greetings to Mrs. Watson, and believe me to be, my dear fellow, 
Very sincerely yours,
Sherlock Holmes

July 13, 2013 10:31 am  #33

Added episode 1 of series 2 again last night because it was on the telly. I discovered that I do, actually, know this far too well! Hubby likes it because of Lara Pulver (can't think why!) 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera