BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 8, 2013 10:36 am  #521

Re: Germany board meet up

You could play Sherlock Sardines! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 8, 2013 10:39 am  #522

I don't like being outnumbered, it... ah, well

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead." 

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

July 8, 2013 10:48 am  #523

There will be a meeting in Hamburg soon. (Just in case you can't wait  )
http://tom-and-ben.tumblr.com/meetup

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 8, 2013 11:11 am  #524

Thanks, that sounds great! I'll have a look into it right now

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

July 20, 2013 12:49 am  #525

Perfect!!
I joined the forum today and now this!!
I MISSED THE FAN MEET IN HAMBURG!!
Right under my nose...
I hope there will be another one!

Last edited by Fibonacci (July 20, 2013 12:54 am)

~************************************************************************************************~ 
~************************************************************************************************~

July 20, 2013 6:54 am  #526

You didn't miss it, it's tomorrow! Go and have fun

I probably won't be able to go though... it's just quite far away, and I'm in the middle of exam time but maybe I can come to the next one! Or a miracle will happen tomorrow and make me able to go ;-)

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

August 2, 2013 10:06 am  #527

Oh guys, I just read parts of this thread and it reminded me sooooo beautifully of fan meet ups I had in the past, may it be Star Trek or whatever. It's always been great fun.
So if you should ever do this again: please let me know!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 2, 2013 10:23 am  #528

So far we have met at people's places but the more we get, the more difficult this will be. It would be nice to meet at a pub or something like that some day in a central city that most of us can easily reach. Many of us seem to be in NRW so it shouldn't be too difficult. 
We also went to the cinema several times. Regarding Benedict's upcoming films this would be an option as well. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 2, 2013 10:32 am  #529

SusiGo wrote:

So far we have met at people's places but the more we get, the more difficult this will be. It would be nice to meet at a pub or something like that some day in a central city that most of us can easily reach. Many of us seem to be in NRW so it shouldn't be too difficult. 
We also went to the cinema several times. Regarding Benedict's upcoming films this would be an option as well. 

I would like to join you if I might?
Somewhere in the Ruhrgebiet?

August 2, 2013 10:39 am  #530

Well, I could reach a city like Cologne in about 90 minutes, that wouldn't be a problem. I wouldn't travel 'this far' for any other movie, but for a movie with The Batch and for getting to know you guys - no problem at all!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 2, 2013 11:43 am  #531

NRW is the other end of Germany for me ... but still, I'd try and come. It would certainly be worth it

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

August 2, 2013 1:01 pm  #532

Yes, we should be planning another meet-up in the future.
There would be no problem for me to host it again - being almost in the centre of NRW - but there are certain limits concerning the size of my flat...
And with all those upcoming movies there is every chance that we'd meet somewhere at a cinema. Maybe we will be able to find one where the original versions will be shown.
Let's keep our eyes open!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 12, 2013 1:19 pm  #533

I know this is a little off-topic, but I just found this article about the SH museum on Spiegel Online:
http://www.spiegel.de/reise/europa/sherlock-holmes-museum-in-london-meisterdetektiv-zum-anfassen-a-915529.html

I didn't want to open a new thread just for that, as all the non-German speakers in the forum won't be able to read it...  thought I would just post it here instead, in case someone wants to have a look Hope that's all right.

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

August 12, 2013 2:17 pm  #534

Thank you for this wonderful article! 
I definitely need to go there next time I'm in London. I went there with a friend but it was past the opening hours, so we only took some photos outside and talked to the spouse of the owner - who is German, by the way!

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

October 7, 2013 8:55 pm  #535

Any news for a meet-up yet?
Because there will be a LOT of Benedict Films in a couple of weeks :-)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage"

October 7, 2013 9:08 pm  #536

Some of us will be in Düsseldorf on December 5th. Frankenstein, you know...Maybe there will be time prior to the screening. Afterwards it may be difficult as it will be a Thursday and some of us (including me) might have to work the following day.

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

October 7, 2013 9:12 pm  #537

Good idea, Tobe. And as Sava said, there will be a lot of films over the next months and maybe one or the other cinema showing the original version. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 7, 2013 9:17 pm  #538

Yes, I'll keep my eyes open...;-)

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

October 8, 2013 4:23 am  #539

Meeting earlier on December 5th in Düsseldorf sounds good. Count me in.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

October 8, 2013 7:09 am  #540

Bit to far for me 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

Board footera