BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 5, 2013 11:56 am  #1

Bloody Heck! I'm Sherlock!!!!

So for the past week I have been pretty ill, having to stay home rather than enjoy the summertime, which has led me to be BORED as humanly possible.
A few days ago, I was sitting in the dining room, bored of course, so I picked up my bb gun and started shooting out the back door. As I flung bbs off the fence posts, I texted my friend telling her I was bored. She said "Just don't go shooting the wall like Sherlock"
Had I been at my own flat and not my parent's brand new house, I think I would have had a different target...
I seriously must take after that man.

Any of you had experiences where you thought "Holy hell, I'm Sherlock!"?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
"You being all mysterious with your cheek bones and turning your collar up so you look cool..."
"I don't do that!"
"YEAH yuh do!"

July 5, 2013 9:25 pm  #2

Re: Bloody Heck! I'm Sherlock!!!!

I was working on something the other day that required me to dig deep into my brain for past information.  It was college related haha and I knew I had leanred it before so I told my family sitting around me to "Leave the room, I have to go to my 'Mind Palace'".  Well I may have taken longer than Sherlock to figure it out but I finally did and I just sat there and laughed saying "Haha I am the new Sherlock."

July 5, 2013 9:28 pm  #3

Seeing as I actively try and be like Sherlock most of the time, I'm not sure that counts.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 6, 2013 9:54 am  #4

LMFAO you know whats funny? I tried to learn the mind palace memory technique... it works pretty well but MAN it's hard to get at that deep buried stuff! How did you do it?
And EVERYTHING counts when its sherlock related :D

"You being all mysterious with your cheek bones and turning your collar up so you look cool..."
"I don't do that!"
"YEAH yuh do!"

July 8, 2013 1:12 am  #5

Sherlockspurpleshirt wrote:

LMFAO you know whats funny? I tried to learn the mind palace memory technique... it works pretty well but MAN it's hard to get at that deep buried stuff! How did you do it?
And EVERYTHING counts when its sherlock related :D

In all fairness it was stuff that I had learned in the past couple years XD  

July 8, 2013 9:31 am  #6

haha thats the worst... unless I put it in using the technique- I cant recall it! frusterating! there should be a thread on here devoted to the memory palace... hmmm....

"I don't do that!"
"YEAH yuh do!"

July 8, 2013 12:40 pm  #7

We have a few threads on the technique over at the Science of Deduction forum - http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewforum.php?id=21

I have a mind palace, but other than using it to relax myself and chill out in occasionally, I haven't actually used it to recall any information, mostly because I never need to recall information.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 8, 2013 5:01 pm  #8

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

We have a few threads on the technique over at the Science of Deduction forum - http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewforum.php?id=21

I have a mind palace, but other than using it to relax myself and chill out in occasionally, I haven't actually used it to recall any information, mostly because I never need to recall information.

Ahhhhh so now we know how Sherlock Holmes works.  You really already know everything and just go to your Mind Palace to relax before spweing out the soultion to every problem hahaha

July 9, 2013 12:41 pm  #9

You never need to recall anything?! Do you have a photographic memory? TEACH ME YOUR WAYS MASTER!!

"I don't do that!"
"YEAH yuh do!"

July 9, 2013 2:15 pm  #10

What kind of things do you need to remember?

July 16, 2013 9:13 am  #11

Names, dates, music scales haha... lots of music related stuff. how things sound. random historical facts. stuff like that

"I don't do that!"
"YEAH yuh do!"

Board footera