BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 7, 2013 11:26 pm  #1

So Who Won & The " Tower Hill " Text.

Moriarty started the game with the text "Come and play. Tower Hill . Jim Moriarty. x "

Why Tower Hill ?
Tower Hill is well known in London as the place for public executions . For hundreds of years traitors and criminals have been beheaded or hanged by angry mobs or on order of the crown .
Sherlock must know this.

So the challange, the game is from the very beginning ,a game to the death. How can Sherlock resist?

To solve the final problem , one of them must die .  Reminiscent of the convo in the pool.
Moriarty is challanging Sherlock to Execute , and become like him ( a killer ) or be executed , and all in the spotlight of the public arena.

At the finale of the game , on St Barts roof , Sherlock has failed to execute Moriarty , and he thinks Sherlock must jump so he has won . Hence the boasting  ~ your not like me... your normal ,,,on the side of the angels ( not a killer ) blah blah and gives away that there is a call off code.

Talk about Sir Boastalot .... Moriarty lost because he was boasting , Neat and lol  huh ?

However when Sherlock laughs and turns back to Moriarty and points out he has an out , Moriarty realises that yes , Sherlock will kill him in order to save his friends.

So to force the game to a draw via double suicide, knowing that sherlock must jump , Moriarty shoots himself before Sherlock can do anything to win , and indeed Sherlock does jump .

( Imo the handshake was a signal for snipers to fire anyway , so Sherlock had turned Moriarty's own game against him .So either way Moriary was about to die.)

Sherlock Faking his death however was a cheat .

So who won ! ? Or was it a draw. 

July 7, 2013 11:48 pm  #2

Re: So Who Won & The " Tower Hill " Text.

lil wrote:

However when Sherlock laughs and turns back to Moriarty and points out he has an out , Moriarty realises that yes , Sherlock will kill him in order to save his friends.

I don't think that Moriarty is afraid of Sherlock torturing him or even killing him...he wants to die anyway, otherwise he wouldn't have committed suicide.  I think that Moriarty realizes that Sherlock has figured out how to win the game- maybe the key to Moriarty's riddle is also the code that releases Sherlock's friends...maybe it's that Sherlock would be willing to sacrifice his friends to beat Moriarty, I don't know yet.  But this leaves Moriarty with no option other than to kill himself to win the game.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

July 8, 2013 12:17 am  #3

Re: So Who Won & The " Tower Hill " Text.

Yes , Moriarty thought he had won , that's why he was so dissapointed at first.
I don' t think M is afraid of anything except loosing the game , to him death was not loosing .It is How that matters. Note the "before Sherock can do anything to win "

He was so happy when he thought it would be a draw , for him probably the perfect end to the game , hence the " Bless you. "
Seems odd to say , but Moriarty made a fair challange and expected a fair game.

Sherlock cheated .
So that's why, who won ?

Last edited by lil (July 8, 2013 12:47 am)

Board footera