BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 1, 2013 5:48 pm  #21

Re: Which are the 'Johnlock' moments from Canon ?

Wonderful!

And here - in "A Case of Identity" - there is an interesting idea Holmes has when saying to Watson: "If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hower over this great city..."

Last edited by tobeornot221b (July 1, 2013 5:57 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 6, 2013 5:50 pm  #22

From The Speckle Band

“My God!” I whispered; “did you see it?”
Holmes was for the moment as startled as I. His hand closed like a vise upon my wrist in his agitation. Then he broke into a low laugh and put his lips to my ear.

Last edited by holmes23 (July 6, 2013 6:01 pm)

July 7, 2013 4:29 pm  #23

I love this story!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 7, 2013 6:22 pm  #24

holmes23 wrote:

This passage from Thor Bridge

......in his nervous restlessness, he could not sit still, but paced the carriage or drummed with his long, sensitive fingers upon the cushions beside him. Suddenly, however, as we neared our destination he seated himself opposite to me –we had a first-class carriage to ourselves–and laying a hand upon each of my knees he looked into my eyes with the peculiarly mischievous gaze which was characteristic of his more imp-like moods.

It's true that Holmes' restlessness and excitement is caused by the fact that he's about to solve the problem. Nonetheless it's fun .

I'm sorry, my mind leaped into the gutter. Watson is taking a heck of a lot of notice of Holmes' body to describe his gaze and to have noticed he has sensitive fingers and be so taken with them to tell us in such detail.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We solve crimes, I blog about it and he forgets his pants, so I wouldn’t hold out too much hope. (Scandal in Belgravia)

I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead..........I heard you.(The Empty Hearse)

July 7, 2013 6:30 pm  #25

Tee Hee.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 7, 2013 8:16 pm  #26

besleybean wrote:

Tee Hee.

*Smirks noisily*
Hey, did we meet at the SH conference?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We solve crimes, I blog about it and he forgets his pants, so I wouldn’t hold out too much hope. (Scandal in Belgravia)

I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead..........I heard you.(The Empty Hearse)

July 7, 2013 8:34 pm  #27

No, cos sadly I couldn't go...growl!

July 7, 2013 8:45 pm  #28

Morton wrote:

I'm sorry, my mind leaped into the gutter. Watson is taking a heck of a lot of notice of Holmes' body to describe his gaze and to have noticed he has sensitive fingers and be so taken with them to tell us in such detail.

Good point, Morton. He's always going on about his sharp features and the sensitive hands and the agile body … 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 9, 2013 5:48 pm  #29

From The Valley of Fear

It was late that night when Holmes returned from his solitary excursion. We slept in a double-bedded room, which was the best that the little country inn could do for us. I was already asleep when I was partly awakened by his entrance.
“Well, Holmes,” I murmured, “have you found anything out?”
He stood beside me in silence, his candle in his hand. Then the tall, lean figure inclined towards me. “I say, Watson,” he whispered, “would you be afraid to sleep in the same room with a lunatic, a man with softening of the brain, an idiot whose mind has lost its grip?”
“Not in the least,” I answered in astonishment.
“Ah, that’s lucky,” he said, and not another word would he utter that night.

July 9, 2013 7:25 pm  #30

SusiGo wrote:

Jacco111 wrote:

Holmes and Watson are not gay. Please stop this nonsense.

I think everybody has the right to open a thread and voice his/her opinions as long posts/subjects are not insulting or offensive. This one isn't IMO. 

Sure, and so am I ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The world is big enough for us, no ghosts need apply"

July 9, 2013 8:42 pm  #31

Not my place to say whether it's offensive.  But it's not accurate! Or at least we can't know.  Except Watson was married and Holmes single.

July 10, 2013 8:19 am  #32

I really do not see how it could be offensive. And it is accurate. Holmes is an asexual, and when he talks about love, he only refers to it in a heterosexual way. As for Watson, not only is he married, but you just have to read his descriptions of women and men to see that he only speaks about ''sexual'' aspects when he talks about women. It is clear they're not gay. I'm sorry.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 10, 2013 12:08 pm  #33

Watson isn't short of words while describing men as well

He was young, not more than five-and-twenty, I should say, with a strong, masculine face - Engineer's Thump
The man whom I found myself facing was a well-built, fresh-complexioned young fellow, with a frank, honest face and a slight, crisp, yellow moustache. - The Stock-brocker's Clerk

It was never my intention to offend any one by starting this thread. I clearly used the word '(mis)interpret' in my first post. I thought it would be fun.  ACD had himself said, 'You may marry him or murder him or do whatever you like with him'"
By Johnlock I mean bromance. The word is used in apostrophe in the title of this thread .

Between a homosexual SH & JW and a platonic SH & JW relationship, I would definitely go for the latter. In my head canon it is always bromance

July 10, 2013 12:17 pm  #34

To me your intention is clear. And for me the thread is fun. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 10, 2013 12:36 pm  #35

A quote from The Adventure of Charles Augustus Milverton.

I felt Holmes's hand steal into mine and give me a reassuring shake, as if to say that the situation was within his powers, and that he was easy in his mind.

IMO, it's all fine. It's what literature is about. You can interpret it in one way or another. Our "Sherlock" is  ambigious and allows all kind of mind palaces to be created.

July 10, 2013 1:04 pm  #36

Well said, Be. 

July 10, 2013 2:33 pm  #37

Sure, everyone can imagine Holmes and Watson being gay, or interpretate it that way. But I believe there is no reason to assume a homosexual relationship, so for me, it is nonsense and it kinda annoys me sometimes when I read interesting articles written by the creative and intelligent people here, and the ''Johnlock'' thing pops up.

July 10, 2013 3:04 pm  #38

Jacco111 wrote:

Sure, everyone can imagine Holmes and Watson being gay, or interpretate it that way. But I believe there is no reason to assume a homosexual relationship, so for me, it is nonsense and it kinda annoys me sometimes when I read interesting articles written by the creative and intelligent people here, and the ''Johnlock'' thing pops up.

IMHO it's not completely impossible to be intelligent and creative AND a Johnlocker at the same time...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 10, 2013 3:07 pm  #39

Jacco111 wrote:

There is no reason to assume it? I am quite sure that many people would disagree with that, but anyway... You can see Sherlock being strong, vulnerable,manipulative, childish, a fighter, cute, dark, funny, neutral to sexuality or impressed by Irene. You can see him with John as a friend, a collegue, a pet-figure or a boy-friend if you want. There is evidence to prove it all.

You might consider that the writers themselves are the creative and intelligent people who play with the "Johnlock". And if you look without bias you can easily see that the "Johnlock" enthusiasts are highly creative and intelligent people.
And IMO one of the achievements of "Sherlock" is that it brings all these different fans together to talk about it from every angle.

July 10, 2013 3:19 pm  #40

I don't have to add anything to that, Tobe and be. 

Board footera