BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 18, 2013 10:57 am  #81

Re: Series 4 Confirmed!!

Or a nightmare! 

P.S. I think it's quite telling that he say didn't he'd been misquoted but just explained it with his blackout or whatever you want to call it. 

Last edited by SusiGo (March 18, 2013 10:59 am)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 18, 2013 11:05 am  #82

I hope it is like Ivy said: he had to deny it for the moment../but we all know that it was true /

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

March 18, 2013 11:08 am  #83

Oh really, it is annoying to see that even journalists (or may be: especially journalists?) insist on misquoting. Benedict said "I THINK we AGREED" which means nothing like "we SIGNED a contract". Since Moffat told as early as some months ago that they have a terrific cliffhanger for the serie 3 and that they would like to go on with Sherlock for as long as possible, I think everybody AGREES that they would like to do more seasons and they are thinking of this. On the other hand there are many productions put into project and then not continued - Parade's End risked more times to be cancelled, for example. I don't think they have signed something already, given that they would (they WILL, hopefully) begin filming s.4 I don't know... next year? or even at the beginning of 2015? There is no way knowing now what Cumberbatch's, Freeman's and Moftiss obligations and scheduls will be by that time.

March 18, 2013 11:28 am  #84

I'm very positive about the scheduls of the actors etc. Martin would have even canceled his role in the Hobbit for Sherlock, so I think they put Sherlock above all else. I'm sure they will find a way to put the filming for the next series in their scheduls. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 18, 2013 11:38 am  #85

I agree. It's not a series in US-style.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

March 18, 2013 11:43 am  #86

US-Style for me is like "Oh well then we're going to replace this actor... who cares. The main thing is that the season goes on. Won't bring less viewer figures." 
I have nothing against US-series, but I prefer british television in general.

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 18, 2013 1:21 pm  #87

Yes and every season has 20 episodes and they shoot 9 month a year. Almost no time for other work.

I don't know what I'd do without British TV. I recently started watching "Monroe" with James Nesbitt (on arte in Germany)

----------

March 18, 2013 2:16 pm  #88

'Martin would have even canceled his role in the Hobbit for Sherlock'

I don't think he would...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The world is big enough for us, no ghosts need apply"

March 18, 2013 2:22 pm  #89

Well, he told Peter Jackson that he has to refuse because he is working on the second Sherlock series and Peter Jackson wanted him that much that he delayed the shooting for him.

----------

March 19, 2013 7:47 am  #90

Love James Nesbitt. Dubbed or sub-titled? His accent is great. He was soooo good in Murphy's Law.

Last edited by Davina (March 19, 2013 7:48 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 19, 2013 4:48 pm  #91

Ivy wrote:

Well, he told Peter Jackson that he has to refuse because he is working on the second Sherlock series and Peter Jackson wanted him that much that he delayed the shooting for him.

Which made me very proud of my Martin.  Though I'm really really happy that he got the role at least. He's just perfect in it.

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 19, 2013 8:07 pm  #92

Davina wrote:

Love James Nesbitt. Dubbed or sub-titled? His accent is great. He was soooo good in Murphy's Law.

Dubbed, unfortunately. 

Mary Me wrote:

Ivy wrote:

Which made me very proud of my Martin.   Though I'm really really happy that he got the role at least. He's just perfect in it.

Well, he knows what has priority! 

----------

July 5, 2013 9:21 am  #93

This is possibly the best news I have heard!!!!!!!!!!!! :D  I will be relieved and happy to know that while I watch series 3 I can look forward to more Sherlock!  

I read in an article that Benedict and Martin had no intention of leaving or just ending Sherlock, so I hope as long as the writers continue their work, we will have ourselves future outstanding moments in Sherlock history

July 7, 2013 10:04 am  #94

From today's interview with Mark Gatiss - just a short sentence but it gave me hope:

"Benedict commissioned it by virtue of saying it's going to happen. Which is a brilliant way of commissioning anything! I've commissioned the next ten just by walking the red carpet with a loud-hailer. [Laughs] Not yet as we haven't finished Series Three yet - we have plans though…"

source: http://blogtorwho.blogspot.de/

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 7, 2013 10:10 am  #95

I'd be shocked if it didn't happen. They all seem really keen. Yay!

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

July 7, 2013 10:18 am  #96

Yes, I like the word "plan"!
And: What's the point of making a fuzz over finding the title of S3/E3 by re-watching the episodes on BBC1 if it's only for us finding out that the final episode will be the last one ever? Doesn't make any sense to me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 7, 2013 10:41 am  #97

Neither does the terrible cliffhanger they've mentioned. 

July 7, 2013 2:08 pm  #98

SusiGo wrote:

Neither does the terrible cliffhanger they've mentioned. 

Agreed, I mean it would just be torture if they ended the series on a cliffhanger...especially since  they've mentioned it'll be worse than the series 2 cliffhanger (can't remember when or who said it), that statement alone has my mind running around trying to guess what it could be  

-------------------------------------------------------

July 7, 2013 2:21 pm  #99

But...I still kind of worry about the "BOW" thing....It feels like an ending. (Which I totally do not want to happen!)

-------------------------------------------------
--------
“Why,” said I, glancing up at my companion, “that was surely the bell? Who could come to-night? Some friends of yours, perhaps?”

“Except yourself I have none,” he answered.

—Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, The Five Orange PipsThe Adventures of Sherlock Holms

July 7, 2013 2:36 pm  #100

Shell wrote:

But...I still kind of worry about the "BOW" thing....It feels like an ending. (Which I totally do not want to happen!)

If the "bow" were referring to canon's "His last bow" from 1917, well - there were stories after that...

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

Board footera