BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 8, 2012 1:21 pm  #1

Favourite Quote?

What is your favourite quote or quotes from any episode?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 9, 2012 12:25 pm  #2

Re: Favourite Quote?

Keep your eyes fixed on me.
I was so alone and I owe you so much.
Every fairy tale needs a good old-fashioned villain

February 9, 2012 12:33 pm  #3

IA:I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.
SH: I've never begged for mercy in my life
IA: twice
JW: ..........

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

February 9, 2012 12:36 pm  #4

SH: "Lestrade? We've had a break in at Baker Street, send your least irritating officers and an ambulance. Oh no, no, we're fine. No it's the er.. burglar. He's got himself rather badly injured. Oh a few broken ribs, fractured skull, suspected punctured lung. He fell out of a window"

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

February 9, 2012 12:51 pm  #5

I see you've got a new boyfriend Molly and you're serious about him.
In fact you're seeing him this very night and giving him a gift!
Oh come on surely you've all seen the present at the top of the bag?
Perfectly wrapped with a bow, all the other are slap dash at best.
Someone special then!
Shade of red echoes her lipstick, either an unconscious association or one she's deliberately trying to encourage. Either way Miss Hooper has 'lurve' on her mind. The fact that she is serious about him is clear from the fact that she is giving him a gift at all! That I would suggest is long term hopes of the over forlorn and the fact that she is seeing him tonight is evident from her make up tonight and what she is wearing; obviously trying to compensate from the size of her mouth and breasts.
*swallows foot as it slides in mouth*

Maybe it's me, but I giggled all the way through it.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

February 9, 2012 1:03 pm  #6

John: sherlock why r we here,
Sherlock: *smiles*
John: seriously sherlock why r we here,
Sherlock: to see the queen?!
Mycroft walks in...
Sherlock: apparently yes
:D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you eliminate the impossible,
What every remains,
However improbable,...
Must be the truth !

February 9, 2012 4:47 pm  #7

kazza474 wrote:

I see you've got a new boyfriend Molly and you're serious about him.
In fact you're seeing him this very night and giving him a gift!
Oh come on surely you've all seen the present at the top of the bag?
Perfectly wrapped with a bow, all the other are slap dash at best.
Someone special then!
Shade of red echoes her lipstick, either an unconscious association or one she's deliberately trying to encourage. Either way Miss Hooper has 'lurve' on her mind. The fact that she is serious about him is clear from the fact that she is giving him a gift at all! That I would suggest is long term hopes of the over forlorn and the fact that she is seeing him tonight is evident from her make up tonight and what she is wearing; obviously trying to compensate from the size of her mouth and breasts.
*swallows foot as it slides in mouth*

Maybe it's me, but I giggled all the way through it.

Haha XD me to. Poor Molly

I think my favorite quote is:

Sherlock: [Shooting bullets at the wall] Bored! I don't know what's gotten into the criminal classes, good job I'm not one of them.
John: So you take it out on the wall?
Sherlock: Oh, the wall had it coming.

or maybe:

John: [After Sherlock reads Watson's background] That...was amazing.
Sherlock: Do you think so?
John: Of course it was, it was extraordinary. It was quite extraordinary.
Sherlock: That's not what people normally say.
John: What do people normally say?
Sherlock: "Piss off."

Hard to chose 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a highly functioning sociopath. Do your research."
-- Sherlock (to Anderson)

February 17, 2012 12:54 pm  #8

U can't always control who walks into ur life but, u can control which window u throw them out of,
Made it up but I like it ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you eliminate the impossible,
What every remains,
However improbable,...
Must be the truth !

February 27, 2012 11:20 pm  #9

The first that comes to my head is

Oh, I may be on the side of the angels... but don’t think for one second that I am one of them.

There are a lot more, I'll post some of them later 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

February 28, 2012 1:37 pm  #10

The Christmas scene with Molly always makes me cringe.

Favourite quote 1-
Molly: How did Sherlock recognise her from...not her face?

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 28, 2012 1:52 pm  #11

John: "That's fantastic!"
Sherlock: "Do you know you do that out loud?"
John: "Sorry, I'll shut up."
Sherlock: "No, it's... fine."

February 28, 2012 5:37 pm  #12

Sherlock- Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and they they did I wouldn't be one of them.

John- We solve crimes. I blog about them and he forgets his pants. I wouldn't hold out too much hope.

Equerry- You look taller in your photographs.
Sherlock- I take the precaution of a good coat and a short friend.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 19, 2012 11:04 pm  #13

I'd be lost without my blogger!

Sentiment is a chemical defect found in the losing side.

Business is a paralytic. Love is a much more vicious motivator.

I don't have friends. Just got one.

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage, Sherlock.

So you scratch their backs and... - Yes, I disinfect myself.

We're not a couple! - Yes you are.

Punch you? - Yes. Punch me. In the face. Didn't you hear me? - I always hear "punch me in the face" when you're speaking, but it's usually subtext.

He's not like that, he doesn't feel things that way. I don't think. - My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher. Yet, he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart? - I don't know. - Neither do I, but initially he wanted to be a pirate.

And basically everything Moriarty says.
Okay, there so much more so I just stop here, haha.

May 19, 2012 11:19 pm  #14

Oh, I had forgotten about this thread.
Some more:

Moriarty: No rush

John: Fantastic.
Sherlock: Meretricious.
Lestrade: And a happy new year.

Sherlock: Get off my sheet!
Mycroft: Or what?
Sherlock: Or I'll just walk away.

Moriarty: Sorry... wrong day to die.

Mycroft: You don't seem to be afraid.
John: You don't seem very frightening.

John: I've just met a friend of yours.
Sherlock: A friend?
John: An enemy.
Sherlock: Oh. Which one?

Sherlock: Is that why you're calling yourself Greg?
John: That's his name.
Sherlock: Is it?
Lestrade: Yes. If you had ever bothered to find out.

Mycroft: We're in Buckingham Palace, the very heart of the British nation, Sherlock Holmes, put your trousers on.

Moriarty: I can open any door, anywhere with a few tiny lines of computer code. No such thing as a private bank account now. All are mine. No such thing as secrecy. I OWN secrecy. Nuclear codes? I could blow up NATO in alphabetical order. In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey, you should see me in a crown.

And I think I should leave it for now or I'll end up quoting the complete scripts 

Last edited by Irene_Adler (May 19, 2012 11:20 pm)

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

May 20, 2012 12:54 am  #15

SH: People have died...
JM: That's what people DO!!!

May 20, 2012 1:50 am  #16

"Nobody could be that clever"

"You could"

May 20, 2012 8:49 am  #17

Oh God...don't quote from the note or I'll cry!

May 20, 2012 9:17 am  #18

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Oh God...don't quote from the note or I'll cry!

I'm currently working on a post Reichenbach video, underlined with Natalie Cole's "I miss you like crazy". My sobbing during working isn't that helpful, I can tell! The note's part of it, too...

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 20, 2012 10:00 am  #19

Oh, God. Those videos, I'll need to order some more tissues

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

May 20, 2012 2:21 pm  #20

"There are lives at stake, Sherlock! Actual human lives. Just so I know, do you care about that at all?" - "Will caring about them help to save them?" - "Nope" - "Then I continue NOT to make this mistake." - "And you find that easy, do you?" - "Yes, very. Is that news to you?" - "No... no." - "I've disappointed you." - "That's a good - good deduction. Yeah." - "Don't make people into heroes, John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them."
(Okay, we had the last sentence already but I also like the part that comes before ;))

"I'll burn you. I'll burn the heart out of you." - "I have been reliably informed that I don't have one." - "But we both know that's not quite true."

"Without you I get hung for this!" - "No, no, not at all... hanged, yes."

"I heard you were somewhere getting shot at. What happened?" - "I got shot."

"Look at those cheekbones, I could cut my hand slapping that face."

"Say that again! Say that again and know that if you are lying to me, I will find you and then I will ssssskin you.."

"Oh, don't do that." - "Do what?" - "You being all mysterious with your... cheekbones and turning your coat collar up so you look cool."

"You look sad... when you think he can't see you. Are you okay? Don't just say you are, because I know what that means, looking sad when you think no one can see you." - "You can see me." - "I don't count."

"One day we'll be standing around a body and Sherlock Holmes will be the one who put it there." - "Why would he do that?" - "'Cause he's a psychopath. Psychopaths get bored."

"Moriarty is playing with your mind too. Can't you see what's going on!" - "No, I know you're for real." - "One hundred percent?" - "...nobody can fake being such an annoying dick all the time."

"Alone is what I have, alone protects me." - "No - friends protect people!"

"You... machine!"

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221b Bakerstreet!"

"Not our division!"

"Yeah well you know what he's like. CSI: Baker Street."

"Why's it always the hat photograph?" - "Bachelor John Watson." - "Why kind of hat is it anyway?" - "Bachelor. What the hell are they implying?" - "Is it a cap - why's it got two fronts?" - "It's a deerstalker. Frequently seen in the company of bachelor John Watson..." - "How do you stalk a deer with a hat? What are you going to do, throw it?" - "Confirmed bachelor John Watson." - "Some sort of death frisbee?"

Board footera