BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 5, 2013 1:14 pm  #1

Clues to S3 Ep 3 title hidden in Series 2 repeats

This was already mentioned in the Game Is On thread, but it really deserves its own topic because it's so damn exciting....sjdgklsaj

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-07-05/sherlock-series-3-how-to-unlock-the-title-of-the-third-episode

The first clue appears in the first 15 minutes, apparently.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 5, 2013 3:04 pm  #2

Re: Clues to S3 Ep 3 title hidden in Series 2 repeats

Oooh this sounds like fun!  Damn I wish I had TV so I could participate...oh well, looking forward to seeing what others will deduce 

-------------------------------------------------------

July 5, 2013 3:36 pm  #3

Sweet...it will be on iPlayer, so hopefully I can catch it afterwards

Last edited by sj4iy (July 5, 2013 3:37 pm)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

July 5, 2013 4:13 pm  #4

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

The first clue appears in the first 15 minutes, apparently.

Could this be an inconspicious additional onscreen text?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 5, 2013 5:47 pm  #5

As we did watch it more than once, we should be able to recognise, right?

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 5, 2013 6:00 pm  #6

Mattlocked wrote:

As we did watch it more than once, we should be able to recognise, right?

Yes, I'd say so.

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 5, 2013 6:14 pm  #7

The clue could be refering to the subtitles hmm 

BBC have twittered that due to Wimbledon coverage , the Sherlock repeat will now be shown next week !

Grrrrr@them .

Speculation.....
From The Game Is Secret pic , I deduce the clues SCT and the first word begining with SO....
My guess is it will be ... Solitary Cycling Trap,,Trip or  Tour.
Interestingly the end of that story in cannon results in a void marriage , cld that be the series three finale/frustration Moftiss has promised us.

Last edited by lil (July 6, 2013 3:40 am)

July 5, 2013 7:48 pm  #8

I'm watching the tennis myself but I'm so gutted about Sherlock xx

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

July 5, 2013 8:12 pm  #9

Yeah. It's on next Friday instead. I'm heartened by the fact that Andy Murray is a Sherlock fan.

By the way, on Sherlockology, it says that the clue CANNOT be found in any of the DVDs or previous releases of the show. It can ONLY be seen in this one off special broadcast.

July 5, 2013 8:31 pm  #10

Well then :'( I won't be able to play.  Someone should let us unfortunate Sherlockians know what those clues are, ahem ;)

July 5, 2013 9:31 pm  #11

So has it been broadcast by now? Has anybody been watching?

I just looked at tonight's listings for BBC1 and I see no sign of the show anywhere, just Wimbledon...

Last edited by kittykat (July 5, 2013 9:36 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

July 5, 2013 10:03 pm  #12

Yeah, it wasn't on tonight because of the tennis. It's on next Friday instead now.

July 5, 2013 11:04 pm  #13

Ah, okay. I'll watch if I remember First fifteen minutes, right? How will they do it in this one-off broadcast if it's a repeat of the episodes? The subtitles?

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

July 6, 2013 12:15 am  #14

These were Sherlockology's clues:

1) Most importantly, remember this mantra. "The title is in the titles". Yes, it's a riddle, and requires you to work it out for everything to make sense.

2) We recommend having your remote control and a pen and paper to hand before the broadcast starts.

3) The first piece of the title will appear around 15 minutes into A Scandal in Belgravia.

4) Tune in each week for every episode of Series Two. The title of S3E3 will not be revealed all at once. By the nature of this game, unfortunately only UK viewers will be able to play along and unlock the title. No alterations have been made to the visuals of the episodes themselves, but the clues will not exist anywhere apart from this unique UK broadcast. Not even on the DVD or Blu Ray.

July 6, 2013 12:25 am  #15

So if nothing is being changed, how can they appear? It has to be the subtitles!

July 6, 2013 6:32 pm  #16

The fact that it appears at the 15 minute marker tells me it's going to be something in John's blog subtitles that come up during the beginning sequence when they're interviewing all the different clients and Sherlock is making fun of the blog etc. 

But then, Sherlockology are advising us to have a remote handy. That's kind of strange. Maybe it's one of those red button features, or do we need to be able to pause live TV whilst watching or...I dunno, why would we need the remote??

July 6, 2013 7:22 pm  #17

I just had a thought! What if it's during the title sequence, but it's something that only appears if you have subtitles activated?

July 10, 2013 4:02 pm  #18

Well, they can't change the episode and if the clue doesn't exist in "normal" Scandal in Belgravia, it has to be in the subtitles. And Sherlockology's first clue says "the title is in the titles" so maybe the last title word means subtitles? Damn, why I don't live in UK?

Sorry, my english is bad (?)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The wall had it coming.

July 10, 2013 6:17 pm  #19

Teukka wrote:

Well, they can't change the episode and if the clue doesn't exist in "normal" Scandal in Belgravia, it has to be in the subtitles. And Sherlockology's first clue says "the title is in the titles" so maybe the last title word means subtitles? Damn, why I don't live in UK?

Sorry, my english is bad (?)

That's pretty much what I already figured they were hinting at.  That and/or some of the original text played with in a minor way that didn't require changing too much about the ep, such as something on John's computer screen (blog titles) or the episode titles/title screen sequence?   sigh....   dang, unfair teases!!  ;PPP   *waits for all you guys on that side of the pond to clue us in*

Heh... seriously... when I first read this post about another 'game' they're doing with us, I admit my kick-start reaction was affectionately exasperated amusement again.  And a mental image of the crew sitting around a table going 'hmm... we haven't teased them with anything in a while.  ooh... I have a new idea!'   ;)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

July 10, 2013 6:23 pm  #20

It can't be in the subtitles as they can't be seen in the normal broadcasting. But what about that scene with John typing "The Geek Interpreter" when Sherlock asks him "What does it need a title for?"
"The Geek Interpreter" is the "Title" - so they just have to add a word to it - and that would make a part of the episode's name then.

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

Board footera