BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 26, 2013 6:09 pm  #81

Re: What does your username/signature/avatar say about you?

Prost! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 26, 2013 6:44 pm  #82

Still going, currently reading through everything I've missed in the thread to date.

@Sherlockskitty: Thank you very much, everything you said was either a huge compliment or a weight off my mind (I look much better with my skin on... sometimes.) On a related note about the eyes; I've been told I make a great 'baddie'. It seems to be a well known pattern of nice actor/evil character. It is very flattering to be told I look like Andrew Scott, he is a very talented actor.

@Mary Me: Love the new sig.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

May 26, 2013 9:23 pm  #83

Oh that are your eyes? They really do resemble those of Andrew Scott - beautiful and sinister. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 27, 2013 8:40 am  #84

Mary Me wrote:

Oh that are your eyes? They really do resemble those of Andrew Scott - beautiful and sinister. 

Yes, that is indeed my mush, 'sinister' I can agree with but I'm not sure about 'beautiful'. Many thanks, it's made my bank holiday Monday <3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 27, 2013 9:55 am  #85

I've heard of two left feet but...two left eyes?  Small, rather weak Latin-based joke. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 27, 2013 10:08 am  #86

Two left eyes? Left? Where? 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 27, 2013 10:17 am  #87

Sinister= left 

May 27, 2013 10:39 am  #88

I know that very well, Davina - but left is not always = left 

Perhaps next these two poor somewhere left eyes will create their own communist manifesto?

Last edited by Harriet (May 27, 2013 10:40 am)

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 27, 2013 11:04 am  #89

Or discarded? Eww! Maoist eyes perhaps? 

May 27, 2013 11:22 am  #90

Poor left behind Maoist eyes - far from Mnemosyne's, I hope 

May 28, 2013 6:23 am  #91

Harriet wrote:

Poor left behind Maoist eyes - far from Mnemosyne's, I hope

I really hope so... otherwise I've got even less going for me than I initially thought!

May 31, 2013 4:32 pm  #92

Gah I hate double posting, so sorry... Just to say I redid my signature (because the evil eyes without contrast to how I normally look was starting to creep me out a bit. I worried people would start seeing me as a serial killer or something.) But the photo I took, showing great pains not to show the rest of my mush, makes me look a little bit like a (really crap) ninja. Which just amused me no end so I'm keeping it 

May 31, 2013 7:15 pm  #93

Mnemosyne wrote:

Gah I hate double posting, so sorry... Just to say I redid my signature (because the evil eyes without contrast to how I normally look was starting to creep me out a bit. I worried people would start seeing me as a serial killer or something.) But the photo I took, showing great pains not to show the rest of my mush, makes me look a little bit like a (really crap) ninja. Which just amused me no end so I'm keeping it 

lololol  They're both creepy in their own way, but that's okay. *smooch* We like you anyway.  heh

June 1, 2013 7:11 am  #94

ancientsgate wrote:

Mnemosyne wrote:

lololol  They're both creepy in their own way, but that's okay. *smooch* We like you anyway.  heh

Thank you ^_^

July 5, 2013 9:42 am  #95

Username:  My username is a random word that one of my Sims 3 characters said when they were excited about something.  He would clap his hands and say "Chiblits".  I have then transformed the word into meaning many things like "something good and/or exciting" or even to refer to something "small" and "brownie points".  Mainly though it's the "something good and/or exciting".

Avatar:  I found my avatar on photobucket because usually I can find small pictures on there (for some reason finding a right sized avatar has always been a forum challenge for me).  Anyways it was perfect and I absolutely loved the line in there, which many of us I am sure, have used it in the past to point out to someone that they are not the "brightest" to something obvious. ;)

Signature:  I found the picture browsing through the internet of course (can't remember what site) and BC eyes here just captivated me.  It made me laugh him hiding behind an object his eyes widened.  Anyways the picutre was a full sized image so I used a cropping tool to make it more signature sized and added in the caption because....well, I am defnitely without a doubt....SHERLOCKED 

Last edited by Chiblits (July 5, 2013 9:43 am)

July 11, 2013 11:35 pm  #96

Ummmm well my username, I use it alot I was surprised when I found out it wasn't taken on this forum My signature is mostly about Mycroft, a quote from Jim Moriarty, and Sherlock's last sentence of his letter to John in the Final Problem. My avatar is Mycroft, which is one of my favorite characters

Last edited by 221BBakerStreet_ (July 13, 2013 8:53 pm)

------------------------------------------------------------------
-Mystie Holmes

When you walk with Sherlock Holmes you see the battlefield.-M.H.

Are you ready for the story?-J.M. xx

Pray give my greetings to Mrs. Watson, and believe me to be, my dear fellow, 
Very sincerely yours,
Sherlock Holmes

July 17, 2013 12:34 am  #97

My username is my nickname and lucky number. (Not age, as of two days ago I am 32 ;-))
The avatar and signature pics are both Star Trek because I am a nerd and love Ben, obviously. 
The quoute is what brings John and Sherlock together for me and also I know everyone gets the reference in this forum (not so much in real live)

July 22, 2013 1:54 pm  #98

My username is Sherlockian Always, because I will always be a Sherlockian. Obvious. It seems like I have always been obsessed and I will be until I die. 
The profile picture is Moriarty, because the character I am most like is him. He is my hero. Maybe it's strange that my heroes are two psychopathic killers (the Joker and Moriarty), but I am past the point of caring whether I seem strange or not.
Due to the fact that I am most like dear Jim I often RP him in my posts and elsewhere. I also RP Irene but now I'm getting off track.
My quotes are almost all Jim's. That is because he has the best quotes. That is all.
The other quote is by the Joker. I put it there because we all have monsters in our heads. And there was a time when we thought the world was good and our parents were perfect and the bad guys couldn't get us. But in the end, we are the monsters. We can't run away from ourselves.

"In a world filled with locked doors, the man with the key is king, and honey, you should see me in a crown."

"Every fairy tale needs a good old-fashioned villain. You need me or you're nothing. Because we're just alike, you and I, except you're boring. You're on the side of the angels."

"You're insane."
"You're just getting that now?"

"We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside us." 

July 22, 2013 2:26 pm  #99

My username is my standard nick, my avatar is a random pick of Sherlock I found somewhere on the internet, so no real meaning there.

The quote is from 'The Sussex Vampire' and I think it means that we should stay down to earth and only interfere with things we can handle.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The world is big enough for us, no ghosts need apply"

July 22, 2013 3:01 pm  #100

Sherlockian Always wrote:

The other quote is by the Joker. I put it there because we all have monsters in our heads. And there was a time when we thought the world was good and our parents were perfect and the bad guys couldn't get us. But in the end, we are the monsters. We can't run away from ourselves.

Wow. I approve. Totally true.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

Board footera