BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 27, 2012 3:08 pm  #21

Re: Why DOES Sherlock prefer to text?

Yeah, small talk is irrelevant and pointless to Sherlock!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

December 23, 2012 2:13 am  #22

I agree wholeheartedly, I prefer to text whenever possible..It also saves my phones battery rather than calling.

"That's what people DO!"

April 1, 2013 11:21 am  #23

texts can now be used as evidence in court; if someone wanted to sue Sherlock, all they'd have to do is take his phone & open up his cache of texts (I'm sure that not all of said texts would be very flattering )

May 19, 2013 10:57 pm  #24

Maybe he prefers to text because he thinks people might want to have boring conversations with him?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."
Whoa.  Sherlock was quoting Spock who was quoting Sherlock....Mind blown!!

July 5, 2013 8:04 am  #25

People have a habit of prolonging conversations and as we know Sherlock likes to the point and quick conversations.  I actually prefer to text than talk on the phone though it does depend with who.  Maybe also he wanted to be different from his brother (Mycroft rather talk on the phone than text and Sherlock is the exact opposite) and have an excuse to not talk to him

Board footera