BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 4, 2013 2:52 am  #1

Age of Connie Prince

Did anyone else notice that when her death is announced on TV, they give her age as 48 but when Lestrade is telling Sherlock about her moments later he gives her age as 54? This would be a huge continuity mistake so I imagine she must have been lying about her age to the public (makes sense, given her occupation) and her real age is only known to the police from her birth certificate or something similar.

I have taken to living by my wits.

The Brain Attic

July 4, 2013 12:39 pm  #2

Re: Age of Connie Prince

There is a definite implication that she has been lying about her age. Hence the Botox injections etc. Mrs. Hudson also mentions about the amount of 'work' Connie has had done.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 4, 2013 2:41 pm  #3

Re: Age of Connie Prince

I asked myself why Moriarty said that the Connie Prince case was funny (apart form the killing with botox which is a nice idea). Then I suddenly got it: The cat is a Sphinx-cat, a cat without hair, naked cat. It is originally from Egypt (hence the name) and must be protected from the sun. It looks a bit as if it has wrinkles, too.
The bullying in the show about being pale. "It rained everyday but one."
Present from Kenny to Connie?
Then it is quite a subtle joke about Connie's facial injections and wrinkles, isn't it? Kenny is not that stupid either if he gave it away as a present.

Last edited by Be (July 31, 2013 12:55 pm)

Board footera