BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 4, 2013 10:41 am  #1

Sherlock at Comic Con

Steven, Sue and Mark will attend a panel during San Diego Comic Con this month. The bad news - it looks as if our American members and fans will again have to wait longer for series 3:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/07/03/sherlock-comic-con/

Last edited by SusiGo (July 4, 2013 10:43 am)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 4, 2013 2:13 pm  #2

Re: Sherlock at Comic Con

I don't know. I'm pretty sure we won't get it here in the UK till January 2014 anyway. They might go for a Jan 1st air date like they did with Series 2. It's certainly a brilliant way to start the year.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 4, 2013 2:24 pm  #3

SusiGo wrote:

Steven, Sue and Mark will attend a panel during San Diego Comic Con this month. The bad news - it looks as if our American members and fans will again have to wait longer for series 3:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/07/03/sherlock-comic-con/

Noooooo!  ....I just hope that if it is true, it won't be long after.

-------------------------------------------------------

July 4, 2013 6:57 pm  #4

I'm going to be in Canada on January 1st 2014! Nooooooo! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 19, 2013 3:55 pm  #5

I wasn't sure where to put this but here's a link to Martin and Benedict apologizing for not being at Comic Con in person and taking a few minutes to talk about Sherlock, among other things.  Benedict explains how he survived in TRF...sort of; I found it quite funny.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/watch-online/shorts/sherlock-martin-freeman-benedict-cumberbatch-comic/?elq=c848e10e09a74cdf92c4a4179ec28ef3&elqCampaignId=651

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

July 19, 2013 3:58 pm  #6

I'll probably have a hangover on January 1st

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

July 19, 2013 4:02 pm  #7

kittykat wrote:

I'll probably have a hangover on January 1st

Same here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 19, 2013 5:02 pm  #8

Apparently someone put it on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNKs_Sc6PaM

*the spoilery scene is not included

Last edited by Mary Me (July 19, 2013 5:04 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 20, 2013 3:57 pm  #9

People are often surprised when I tell them than Benedict can be freaking hilarious (they don't have access to Cabin Pressure).  They aren't surprised about Martin being funny, but even after seeing Sherlock and laughing at the funny moments, they are surprised that he's funny.  I need to show them this clip.  This is becoming my favorite Benedict clip.  Martin in his Hobbit costume giving advice to fans is pretty darn priceless as well

Last edited by josabby (July 21, 2013 10:12 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."
Whoa.  Sherlock was quoting Spock who was quoting Sherlock....Mind blown!!

October 3, 2013 2:12 pm  #10

Someone who was tere made a transcript of the spoilery scene though. Its adorable.

Board footera