BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 1, 2013 11:41 am  #1

It happened to me too...

I've seen Sherlock for the first time almost a year ago... and I was enchanted. Then I just forgot all about it, until I started watch it all over again a few weeks ago. And I have to say it, I'm doomed.

Lately I had a lot of free time, perfect circumstances for watching series, and it was obvious - Sherlock, the best crime I've ever seen, with the best sociopathic, yet brilliant character I've ever seen. It's the most intellectually stimulating show I've watched, and intellectual stimulation is something I need the most.

So, I have totally fallen for a main character, and for the script, and for the acting, so here I am. I already loved sir Arthur Conan Doyle's stories about Holmes and I can truthfully say that BBC Sherlock is the best variation of them, cause it's not really an adaptation. As I said, I'm enchanted. Oh, and I have to mention about the relatioship beetween Sherlock and John - the chemistry beetween them is overhelming and they both deserve a standing ovation.

So now maybe a few words about me - I'm Ginger, I'm from Central Europe and I'm 22. I study cultural anthropology and american studies (maybe that's why I'm so obsessed with everything british lately - we all want what we don't have, and I'm already sick of anything american).

So, that'd be it. Sorry if there were any grammar mistakes, I haven't used english for a while. So greetings from Poland and may the Force be with you

Last edited by Ginger (July 1, 2013 1:24 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi.

"Dear God. What is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring." - Sherlock Holmes.

http://koktajl-kulturowy.blogspot.com/

July 1, 2013 11:45 am  #2

Re: It happened to me too...

Hello, Ginger, what a nice introduction. You've found the right place. Here are many people who share your obsession. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 1, 2013 11:49 am  #3

Hi Ginger, warm welcome!  You might also find some others from Poland here...

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

July 1, 2013 11:50 am  #4

How can someone possibly forget Sherlock once they have seen it? hehe

That's a good thing you came back to the show

Totally agree with what you said.

Welcome!

Greetings from France!

Last edited by Punch me in the face (July 1, 2013 11:50 am)

Just like old times...

July 1, 2013 12:09 pm  #5

Punch me in the face (what a nick! Respect ) - what can I say, my life were pretty busy at the time and back then Sherlock was only a little break beetween one duty and another... Even if I wanted to focus completely on the show (and I wanted!), it was rather impossible. But now I'm free and it's time to make it up

Thank you all for such a warm welcome, it can take a moment for me to find my feet here, but I hope i will manage. Seriously, are there more Poles here? Gods, we're everywhere

Last edited by Ginger (July 1, 2013 12:33 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi.

"Dear God. What is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring." - Sherlock Holmes.

July 1, 2013 12:37 pm  #6

Yes, there are some Poles. You will have to look out a bit for them, but, still 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

July 1, 2013 2:33 pm  #7

Thanks again, I'll be looking out for them. It's nice to see that there are my fellow countrymen who also adore Sherlock ;)

July 1, 2013 3:11 pm  #8

Great intro!  Greetings from Canada *waves*, and welcome to the forum! 

-------------------------------------------------------

July 1, 2013 6:13 pm  #9

Hello and thanks again for warm welcome

July 1, 2013 8:53 pm  #10

Hello and welcome to the forum! Surrounded by gingers at home and now on the forum! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 1, 2013 9:41 pm  #11

Wonderful intro! Welcome from the UK. Yep,the British are very proud of Sherlock in all his incarnations but this one has really taken the world by storm...can't think why .

"He will outlive God trying to have the last word."

July 1, 2013 11:22 pm  #12

Yeah, I can't think why either
Yes, British have every right to be proud of every version of Sherlock ;) I love original Holmes, but this show... this show have something in it. Something unique.

Thanks again for welcome. Elvina, I actually envy you that you're from UK, cause I miss UK greatly. I lived there for a while and I remember those times very fondly.

Last edited by Ginger (July 2, 2013 7:37 am)

July 2, 2013 12:32 pm  #13

Hey, and welcome I'm from Poland too, if you'd like to know ;]

The Road goes ever on and on...

July 2, 2013 5:49 pm  #14

Hi and welcome to the forum!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is the foil of a detective a thief or a magician?

My Theory on the Fall: http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=21539#p21539

July 2, 2013 5:58 pm  #15

Deilenn, it's nice to see my fellow countryman here and to know that I'm not the only one from Poland with the obsession about Sherlock Where you from?

Hello everyone ;)

July 3, 2013 1:52 am  #16

Nice to meet you! Ginger!

---------------------------------------------------------
http://youtu.be/hot_339OzL8

July 3, 2013 2:46 pm  #17

Ginger wrote:

Deilenn, it's nice to see my fellow countryman here and to know that I'm not the only one from Poland with the obsession about Sherlock Where you from?

Heh, pretty sure there're more of us, somehow we're only hidden
I live in woj. kujawsko-pomorskie (not sure how to call it in English), nearly on the border of pomorskie. My town is small and you've surely never heard of it ;p I'll probably move to bigger city this year, though. So yeah, I'm from the northern part of the country :]

July 3, 2013 6:12 pm  #18

Deilenn wrote:

Heh, pretty sure there're more of us, somehow we're only hidden
I live in woj. kujawsko-pomorskie (not sure how to call it in English), nearly on the border of pomorskie. My town is small and you've surely never heard of it ;p I'll probably move to bigger city this year, though. So yeah, I'm from the northern part of the country :]

I've heard there're more of us, but they're hiding so far ;)
Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship (t doesn't sound very good, kujawsko-pomorskie sounds better ). I don't know that region very well, I was only once in Bydgoszcz a long time ago ;) Where you're planning to move?

July 4, 2013 11:53 am  #19

I agree, in our language it sounds (and looks xd) much better I'm planning to move either to Słupsk or Gdańsk or Sopot. I'm actually going to study (I already studied for some time in University of Gdańsk 2 years ago but I resigned... which I regret). For the moment I'm more willing to go to Słupsk. So looks like I keep to the north xD
I've never been to your city but I'd like to go there one day (ahh, there're so many places I want to go to.. hehe)

July 4, 2013 12:30 pm  #20

I've heard that Sopot is lovely. It is twinned with our nearest big town.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera