BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 15, 2013 9:27 pm  #1

Beautiful inside Benedict

Apologies if this has been posted before, I searched the board but couldn't find it :

http://wabbitwanderer95.tumblr.com/post/15782615973/meeting-benedict-cumberbatch-the-full-story

After reading this kind of stuff, I feel like my cumberaddiction is getting more and more hopeless...

He was so nice to the fan in this encounter as well :

http://internationalknitterofmystery.wordpress.com/2012/05/05/in-which-i-give-benedict-cumberbatch-kisses-and-he-gives-me-one-back/

And there's another story that I can't find anymore, where a girl was taken for a man by a waiter who answered "yes sir" when she ordered the drink, and BC who was sitting nearby saw she was crestfallen and told the waiter "I"ll have the same as the lady" then giggled with her about it.

I die a little each time I read one of those...but I can't stop...

January 15, 2013 9:36 pm  #2

Re: Beautiful inside Benedict

The first story is wonderful, I read it some days ago. He made the girl so happy and it meant so much to her. 

I nearly fainted when reading the PBS encounter story - it should have a warning because of the pics.  They're amazing. I think looked so wonderful on that occasion. 

The story about the woman in the bar was on tumblr some days ago, it was posted anonymously. His behaviour was really gentlemanly. And I'm sure there are more of these stories on the Net.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 15, 2013 10:50 pm  #3

I think this video belongs here, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx3hD5w1or8&feature=youtu.be

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 16, 2013 12:54 pm  #4

I just knew the first one with the girl in the zoo, it's incredibly cute.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

June 27, 2013 6:08 pm  #5

I thought these were both incredibly sweet. Ben also seems very nice and not all 'high and mighty' like some famous actors probably are. It is now my dream to meet Ben and hug him(kisses would be nice too, but I would settle for a hug). I am only 13, so I have lots of time. ;D

Last edited by OneMoreMiracle (June 27, 2013 6:09 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I'm not a hero. I'm a high functioning sociapath! MERRY CHRISTMAS!"

~Sherlock Holmes, His Last Vow

"Hello, little brother. Enjoying your exile?"

"I've only been gone four minutes!"

~Mycroft and Sherlock Holmes, His Last Vow

June 27, 2013 7:49 pm  #6

The first one at the zoo makes me so jealous, but also really happy for her! I cannot stop reading it!!!

June 27, 2013 8:53 pm  #7

Yes, they are sweet, but I cannot help feeling they they should remain private, especially the first one, which is a personal experience. Once told in all details on internet for the whole world to read it is becomes kind of.... I don't know? Tabloid event? 

June 27, 2013 9:24 pm  #8

I think a little of me died reading these, too. I mean how many famous actors would give up their time to take an ill fan to the zoo? I love the idea from the second blog about making your mark when you meet Benedict but with total dicorum and respect of course! I would dissolve into a puddle of goo if he kissed me...

"He will outlive God trying to have the last word."

June 27, 2013 11:40 pm  #9

miriel68 wrote:

Yes, they are sweet, but I cannot help feeling they they should remain private, especially the first one, which is a personal experience. Once told in all details on internet for the whole world to read it is becomes kind of.... I don't know? Tabloid event? 

Yeah, you're right. If I went to meet Ben I wouldn't tell anybody...except maybe you guys. And even then not all the details. Sorry. :D

June 28, 2013 7:10 am  #10

However...once the person has decided to relate their experience upon social media (such as Tumblr and the like) then they release it into the ether that is the Internet. There is no way that this can then be kept as private. Clearly the author decided she wanted to share that experience with others through the Internet.

It may be that she wanted to declare her admiration of a benedict publicly; although I would have hoped she would have got the nod from him before doing so.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 28, 2013 3:16 pm  #11

Oh these are wonderful! I'm crying...he sounds like such a sweet, kind man, and so beautiful *cries* 

-------------------------------------------------------

June 28, 2013 3:32 pm  #12

Elvina wrote:

I think a little of me died reading these, too. I mean how many famous actors would give up their time to take an ill fan to the zoo? I love the idea from the second blog about making your mark when you meet Benedict but with total dicorum and respect of course! I would dissolve into a puddle of goo if he kissed me...

Same here! On both accounts...

-------------------------------------------------------

Board footera