BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 27, 2013 5:24 pm  #2101

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

LOL
I see some strange things happened recently. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

June 27, 2013 5:28 pm  #2102

I actually encounter quite a few and always think:  must remember to say on the forum...then usually forget!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 27, 2013 7:26 pm  #2103

You know your mind has been done in by Sherlock/online fandom/forum when you're on vacation and you STILL see a bunch of little things that remind you of any of the above!

-Some of us stayed at an awesome little 1800's schoolhouse-turned-guest quarters on the land of the vineyard my step-uncle works for.  I knew the Napa Valley area was famous/popular for it's wine and gorgeous land, but didn't know was world-popular.  In the hand-written guestbook, I found entries from people who put down as being from Brazil, North Korea, Spain, France, and several Londoners.  Of course my immediate thought was 'London!!  I wanna go to Sherlock's city!!'

-Even when at the wedding, a couple times my daydreaming imagination wandered to picturing what Sherlock et. all would be like there, and how he'd be…..  (hey, not an entirely un-logical leap, considering!  )

-You even fancy imagining yourself as Mycroft once, when we all went for a walk the next day, and it had gotten dreary drizzly gray by that point, to take umbrellas with us, and simply -had- to take the one in particular that was like his (long/wooden handle… who cares that it was fuchsia ;P  ) and stroll along using it as a walking stick, just out for an errand somewhere secret with your cronies. 

-Also since it got dreary out, the idea was decided to have fun seeing a movie, at least.  And of course you try to see if anyone will go to Star Trek.  ;)  Unfortunately most people had, and as much as I loved it, kinda agreed on the sentiment on seeing something that none of us had, yet.  At least the flick showed the next Hobbit preview again, and got all excited.  And the theater is one of those huge old types, that does 'classics' on certain nights, and was amusedly fondly reminded of the good old forum yet again when I saw the current one was 'Lawrence of Arabia', which I know some of you loved. 

Ahhh….  it's nice to be back.  Even if you kept trying to kill me with the Ben thread…  ;P  ;)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

June 27, 2013 7:59 pm  #2104

You tell an idiot in your classroom that he's lowering the IQ of the entire campus.
And when you buy the Sherlock Holmesz books both on kindle and hardback.

"Looking at you sleeping, I'm with the man I know. I'm sitting here weeping while the hours pass so slow. I know that in the morning, I'll have to let you go, and you'll be just a man once I used to know."

June 27, 2013 8:18 pm  #2105

Russell wrote:

You know your mind has been done in by Sherlock/online fandom/forum when you're on vacation and you STILL see a bunch of little things that remind you of any of the above!

-Some of us stayed at an awesome little 1800's schoolhouse-turned-guest quarters on the land of the vineyard my step-uncle works for.  I knew the Napa Valley area was famous/popular for it's wine and gorgeous land, but didn't know was world-popular.  In the hand-written guestbook, I found entries from people who put down as being from Brazil, North Korea, Spain, France, and several Londoners.  Of course my immediate thought was 'London!!  I wanna go to Sherlock's city!!'

-Even when at the wedding, a couple times my daydreaming imagination wandered to picturing what Sherlock et. all would be like there, and how he'd be…..  (hey, not an entirely un-logical leap, considering!  )

-You even fancy imagining yourself as Mycroft once, when we all went for a walk the next day, and it had gotten dreary drizzly gray by that point, to take umbrellas with us, and simply -had- to take the one in particular that was like his (long/wooden handle… who cares that it was fuchsia ;P  ) and stroll along using it as a walking stick, just out for an errand somewhere secret with your cronies. 

-Also since it got dreary out, the idea was decided to have fun seeing a movie, at least.  And of course you try to see if anyone will go to Star Trek.  ;)  Unfortunately most people had, and as much as I loved it, kinda agreed on the sentiment on seeing something that none of us had, yet.  At least the flick showed the next Hobbit preview again, and got all excited.  And the theater is one of those huge old types, that does 'classics' on certain nights, and was amusedly fondly reminded of the good old forum yet again when I saw the current one was 'Lawrence of Arabia', which I know some of you loved. 

Ahhh….  it's nice to be back.  Even if you kept trying to kill me with the Ben thread…  ;P  ;)

LOVED reading this. I reminds me I'm not alone as my mind drifts to all things Sherlock at random moments.

"He will outlive God trying to have the last word."

June 28, 2013 1:11 am  #2106

Elvina wrote:

Russell wrote:

-Some of us stayed at an awesome little 1800's schoolhouse-turned-guest quarters on the land of the vineyard my step-uncle works for. I knew the Napa Valley area was famous/popular for it's wine and gorgeous land, but didn't know was world-popular. In the hand-written guestbook, I found entries from people who put down as being from Brazil, North Korea, Spain, France, and several Londoners. Of course my immediate thought was 'London!! I wanna go to Sherlock's city!!'

-Even when at the wedding, a couple times my daydreaming imagination wandered to picturing what Sherlock et. all would be like there, and how he'd be….. (hey, not an entirely un-logical leap, considering! )

-You even fancy imagining yourself as Mycroft once, when we all went for a walk the next day, and it had gotten dreary drizzly gray by that point, to take umbrellas with us, and simply -had- to take the one in particular that was like his (long/wooden handle… who cares that it was fuchsia ;P ) and stroll along using it as a walking stick, just out for an errand somewhere secret with your cronies.

-Also since it got dreary out, the idea was decided to have fun seeing a movie, at least. And of course you try to see if anyone will go to Star Trek. ;) Unfortunately most people had, and as much as I loved it, kinda agreed on the sentiment on seeing something that none of us had, yet. At least the flick showed the next Hobbit preview again, and got all excited. And the theater is one of those huge old types, that does 'classics' on certain nights, and was amusedly fondly reminded of the good old forum yet again when I saw the current one was 'Lawrence of Arabia', which I know some of you loved.

Ahhh…. it's nice to be back. Even if you kept trying to kill me with the Ben thread… ;P ;)

LOVED reading this. I reminds me I'm not alone as my mind drifts to all things Sherlock at random moments.

One of my random moments was when i was walking in the woods next to my house with my family and we all heard a lous noise. My youngest sister (who's 6) asked, "Mommy? What was that noise?" and my mom answered, "Oh, it was just a car backfiring." I bet you guess what I thought of... XD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I'm not a hero. I'm a high functioning sociapath! MERRY CHRISTMAS!"

~Sherlock Holmes, His Last Vow

"Hello, little brother. Enjoying your exile?"

"I've only been gone four minutes!"

~Mycroft and Sherlock Holmes, His Last Vow

June 28, 2013 2:26 am  #2107

...when you and your husband's text chat just becomes random Sherlock quotes.

================================================================

June 28, 2013 8:20 pm  #2108

Your boss calls in sick for the day and you take adavantage of the time to use company ink and paper to print out a long fan fic.

*hangs head in shame*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 28, 2013 8:25 pm  #2109

When someone in a complete different show says "sociopath" and you think..... well............ 

June 28, 2013 9:50 pm  #2110

Which show was it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

June 28, 2013 9:56 pm  #2111

tonnaree wrote:

Your boss calls in sick for the day and you take adavantage of the time to use company ink and paper to print out a long fan fic.

*hangs head in shame*

Ba, ha ha ha! This has made my evening, was feeling crappy but you managed to made me grin like a loon. Can just imagine you printing it out pretending to be "working". "Yes, yes, it's a very important document, pretty hush, hush and for a select viewing only." *coughs like John*

PS As I've reached over 80 posts I'm "Lestrade's Aide" and I was just enjoying "The Game is on!". Is there a list of the rank titles? Thanks.

Last edited by Elvina (June 28, 2013 9:58 pm)

June 28, 2013 9:59 pm  #2112

QuiteExtraordinary wrote:

Which show was it?

I actually don't remember. Criminal minds? CSI Miami? Something like that.

June 29, 2013 12:55 am  #2113

Elvina wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

*hangs head in shame*

Ba, ha ha ha! This has made my evening, was feeling crappy but you managed to made me grin like a loon. Can just imagine you printing it out pretending to be "working". "Yes, yes, it's a very important document, pretty hush, hush and for a select viewing only." *coughs like John*

PS As I've reached over 80 posts I'm "Lestrade's Aide" and I was just enjoying "The Game is on!". Is there a list of the rank titles? Thanks.

Glad my evil deed can provide you with much needed amusement.  

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

June 29, 2013 1:04 am  #2114

oooooooh, just noticed that I'm a Cipher Expert now.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

June 29, 2013 2:22 am  #2115

Elvina wrote:

Not to be off topic, but just to briefly let you know.... Yep, there is!  You could just jump over to the 'User List' in the menu near the top.  Gives you a neat idea of how far the general populace has gotten.  Also kinda neat, as far as forums go, that there used to be less than there are now.  Our great creator didn't anticipate the momentum this place got after a while, so there were a ton of people filling up fewer titles, which were:
Wrong!, Homeless Network, The Game Is On, Lestrade's Aide, Cipher Expert, John's Army, Mycroft's Contact, Official Blogger, High Functioning Sociopath (which is reached, obviously, once hit 1895 ;) )    Had a fun thread a while back bringing in a ton more suggestions to spread it out, and it's now as stands:

Wrong!
, Shooting The Wall
, Homeless Network, Not A Hero
, The Game Is On
, Lestrade's Aide
, Cipher Expert
, Adler's Whip, John's Army, Mycroft's Contact, British Government, Consulting Criminal, On The Side Of The Angels, Official Blogger, High Functioning Sociopath, Stayin' Alive.....  and, dun dun, since that's now the current highest one, we don't know if there are any secret ones to find out after that... ;)   Certainly a good one to 'end' on, but I'm still hoping some of the other fun suggestions made it past that, such as One More Miracle, Most Human Human Being or Threatened Knighthood  ;D   Have fun moving up!

Back on topic, it still makes me grin when my (very very senior, slightly forgetful) co-worker once every couple months or so, and again recently, asks me 'So what the heck is going on with Sherlock, again?  I haven't heard anything... isn't it back yet?' and you remind her filming was delayed, then started recently, they're still working on it, and back probably at winter.  Age knows no bounds when converted to something awesome...     

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

June 29, 2013 3:04 pm  #2116

Cheers. Russell!

July 1, 2013 1:48 am  #2117

... when you watch the short film 'The Blue Umbrella' and all you can think about is Mycroft.

July 3, 2013 8:31 am  #2118

You try to find the nearest 221B Baker Street in hopes of living there one day....
You tell people to leave so you can go to your "Mind Palace"
You learn Sherlock's Theme on Piano
You start referring to your sibling as "Watson"

July 4, 2013 4:25 am  #2119

Be wrote:

...you finally made the deduction that it is a good idea to buy the blu-ray because you don't want to miss anything.
...you take Sherlock as an example and see the need to keep track of the latest developments in IT.
...you ask yourself (not seriously) whether you need an iphone to be in tune with Sherlock.
(Sherlock is not into advertisement for Mac/Apple, is he?)

He was using a Mac in the last episode of the second series.  I was disappointed.  Though he was smarter than to use a Mac. XD

July 4, 2013 5:19 am  #2120

... when you play the last night on Earth game with your friends and your answer is 'I would have everyone I care about over and we would all sit down and try and work out how the hell Sherlock survived. I'm not dying without answers people!'

Board footera