BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 25, 2013 3:40 pm  #1

Has the weather affected filming?

Still pretty treacherous, wintry conditions in the UK, I hear.  Or do they perhaps do all the interior work first and then move outdoors?  Of course, they do one episode at a time, right? (But not necessarily in order). So it would have to be in, out, in, out, in, out...

You know what I mean!

-------------------
Are you local?

March 25, 2013 4:46 pm  #2

Re: Has the weather affected filming?

There was an article today where Martin was complaining they had to do some outdoors right now - even during the night. So he wasn't really looking forward to it.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

March 25, 2013 6:41 pm  #3

Mattlocked wrote:

There was an article today where Martin was complaining they had to do some outdoors right now - even during the night. So he wasn't really looking forward to it.

Poor punkin!  Thanks for the reply.

-------------------
Are you local?

March 25, 2013 7:24 pm  #4

They are out tonight and people were Tweeting photos. They have however been asked to stop doing so as at the moment they are rehearsing, the weather conditions are treacherous and they need to be able to concentrate and Benedict is feeling self-conscious. Hopefully no more photos will be Tweeted.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 27, 2013 9:56 pm  #5

well reasonably proper snow today/tonght here in Cardiff. So if there is a snowy scene it was probably filmed tonight :-)

Last edited by beekeeper (March 27, 2013 9:57 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sherlock Holmes "The question is, has she been working on something deadlier than a rabbit?"
John Watson : "To be fair, that is quite a wide field"

The Hounds of Baskerville

March 27, 2013 10:54 pm  #6

I guess everyone's relatively certain the first episode is based around Bonfire Night time, so the snow fits in perfectly well with the time of month. Terrible weather for March though, lol.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 27, 2013 10:58 pm  #7

I dunno, never seen snow in early november that I can remember! 

this year though, who knows?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sherlock Holmes "The question is, has she been working on something deadlier than a rabbit?"

March 30, 2013 12:12 am  #8

In the video I saw online BC's teeth were literally chattering between takes and he was moving around a bit trying to keep warm. You'd think that expensive coat would be warmer than that!

March 30, 2013 8:49 am  #9

He should have tried filming Centurion then! Yes you would think the coat would be warmer however it is all about layers so if all he has is a flimsy shirt and lightweight trousers underneath (STOP IT!) then might still be feeling chilly.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 30, 2013 12:36 pm  #10

well all I can say is that in Cardiff we know how to layer our thermals. 

June 24, 2013 2:06 pm  #11

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The wall had it coming.

June 24, 2013 2:12 pm  #12

beekeeper wrote:

well all I can say is that in Cardiff we know how to layer our thermals. 

Question about that.  THIRD STAR takes place in Wales, yes? Saw it for the first time last night.  How come, most of the time, they're all bundled up, night and day, as they hike..but then, when they get to the bay, suddenly it's warm enough to swim?  Naked, even?  I assume this is somehow related to why Sherlock, no matter where he is in the UK, is ALWAYS wearing his coat outside, no matter what time of year it is...

-------------------
Are you local?

Board footera