BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 14, 2013 1:24 pm  #21

Re: Does this count as fan art?

Thanks all for the kind words! My nickname among my Sherlockian friends in Paris is "Mrs Hudson" (obviously). For this latest batch (haha), I have little merit, I just used the cookie cutters which are available on Etsy.

Actually, my internet name comes from the first (and only) teddy bear that I made myself. The bear's name was Biscuit and I started to use Internet regularly at that time (1997).

March 14, 2013 10:40 pm  #22

Those are amazing cookies! Maybe if I made Sherlock cookies my siblings would become fans.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

March 28, 2013 6:29 pm  #23

I'd say it counts as pretty awesome fan art, but count me among the people who couldn't bring myself to eat them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."
Whoa.  Sherlock was quoting Spock who was quoting Sherlock....Mind blown!!

June 19, 2013 7:03 pm  #24

I've been AWOL from the forum, but I was still alive IRL. On May 18 we did a flash mob on the Trocadero for Save Undershaw, and I made a cake for the occasion. Took quite a long time to make but was worth the effort!

(I'm in blue on the left and my daughter is the small Sherlock in the middle)

June 19, 2013 7:07 pm  #25

Wow, this is incredible, Biscuitbear! The wonderful cake and a meeting at the Eiffel Tower. And you're a lady this time, not Sherlock. But your daughter's a very smart-looking Sherlock instead. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 19, 2013 7:46 pm  #26

Gorgeous costumes, Biscuitbear! Surely you must have caused quite some sensation. Is the hat your daughter's wearing the one you bought in the SH museum in London?
And that cake leaves me in a state of awe...
Not to mention those wonderfully crafted dolls.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 20, 2013 6:24 am  #27

I don't know who Undershaw is, but that is one gorgeous cake. Love the black and white theme, and the pearl thingies.

June 20, 2013 8:20 am  #28

Undershaw is not who, it's what
The home of ACD.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Undershaw

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

June 20, 2013 2:09 pm  #29

Mattlocked wrote:

Undershaw is not who, it's what.
The home of ACD.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Undershaw

Oh. You know, I've never even heard of it before. This was his home? Thanks for the info.

June 20, 2013 8:45 pm  #30

Beautiful cake biscuitbear. There is a thread about the Save Undershaw campaign on the section about Canon and ACD. Mark Gatiss is one of the trustees of the Save Undershaw organisation. There are also Twitter links as well for the Save Undershaw Campaign (for anyone who is interested).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 22, 2013 6:30 pm  #31

Wow! Lovely biscuits and cakes! I particularly love the "MoriarTea" and the "Johnlock profiles" ones

And I had no idea events like these happened in France. I wish there were things like that in Lille...

Just like old times...

July 10, 2013 12:18 pm  #32

Today is monthly meeting day for the Holmesian Circle of Paris, so, more biscuits!

Sherlock biscuits by biscuitbear, on Flickr

Lille is not that far you know, we have one member coming from Amiens every month!

And Tobe, Sasha was wearing another deerstalker, that came with her Sherlock-girl costume.

July 10, 2013 12:19 pm  #33

Wow, they are amazing!! You're a genius, biscuitbear. Send some over, please. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 10, 2013 4:14 pm  #34

I so admire your patience and accuracy, biscuitbear! I still have those biscuits you gave us in London. They look too good to be eaten...

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 12, 2013 3:50 am  #35

Today is monthly meeting day for the Holmesian Circle of Paris, so, more biscuits!

Geez, even more awesome that those brilliant London bikkies you made!

Wish you'd visit down under - you are one of the greatest BBC Sherlockians I know, and are such a positive force *hearts*

July 12, 2013 7:08 am  #36

I like the varied expressions of the mouths! 

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 9, 2013 9:02 pm  #37

Thanks all!
I'm running a little out of ideas for Sherlockian cakes, for a party at Bonnie's last month I resorted to a canon Sherlock profile on a ruffle cake :

On July 19, we had a tea party to celebrate Benedict's birthday :

I made more Sherlock biscuits for the bathers' festival in Normandy end of July, where everyone dresses up in period costumes :

(wearing a "blue carbuncle"!)

And for a birthday this week, I resorted to a beehive cake pan :

I guess I deserve my nickname of Mrs Hudson!

Last edited by biscuitbear (August 9, 2013 9:06 pm)

August 9, 2013 9:04 pm  #38

Wow, they are all totally amazing works of art. 

January 14, 2014 11:13 pm  #39

Latest offering :dancing men cookies.

Dancing men iced biscuits by biscuitbear, on Flickr

March 15, 2014 1:52 pm  #40

LOVE THESE!

" I always hear "punch me in the face" when you're speaking, but it's usually subtext."

Board footera