BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 25, 2012 5:34 pm  #21

Re: Favourite Quote?

Oh, all of your quotes are great. (Isn't it a shame people don't really talk with such quick wit?)

My favorite, though, is in my signature line...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

May 25, 2012 5:41 pm  #22

Oh, all of your quotes are great. (Isn't it a shame people don't really talk with such quick wit?)

My favorite, though, is in my signature line...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

May 26, 2012 2:03 pm  #23

"You want me to shake hands with you in hell I shall not disappoint you."

"You're the second person that's said that to me today."-"Who was the first?"-SMASH CUT TO SHERLOCK OPENING BODY BAG-"How fresh?"

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 2-2-1-B Baker Street!"-Wink, depart, cue the genius that is David Arnold and Michael Price.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initials SH and proud owner of a viola named Watson.

Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other.

It's a three patch problem.

I didn't know; I saw.

May 26, 2012 2:22 pm  #24

Sorry to post something irrelevant (I'll delete it later!) but how do you get a picture on a post without pasting the URL, how do you just paste the picture?

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

May 26, 2012 2:30 pm  #25

Molly Hooper wrote:

Sorry to post something irrelevant (I'll delete it later!) but how do you get a picture on a post without pasting the URL, how do you just paste the picture?

I think you can't do that, Molly. You need and URL.

If you have a photo in your PC you'd like to put here, try uploading it to imageshack or some similar page and then putting here the URL 

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

May 26, 2012 2:37 pm  #26

thanx

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 5, 2012 6:53 pm  #27

Dear God. What is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring.

John, um... I think you should know that I consider myself married to my work and while I am flattered by your interest I’m —

I'm in shock! Look, I've got a blanket

Stop it! We can't giggle at a crime scene.

(and that's just from ASIP!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

June 5, 2012 11:59 pm  #28

So many to love but, since I just watched TRF again last night, here's one currently high up on my list:

John Watson: Intelligent, fine. Let's give smart ass a wide berth.
Sherlock Holmes: [pause] I'll just be myself.
John Watson: Are you listening to me?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

June 6, 2012 5:53 am  #29

Sammy wrote:

Business is a paralytic. Love is a much more vicious motivator.

For the record that quote is actually Bitterness is a paralytic.

I don't think I can choose a favourite. I do love when the Judge asks him if he can avoid showing off and then he just takes a deep breath and is next in jail. But I'm not sure that 'takes a deep breath' is a quote!!!

I also love the Fantastic/Meretricious/And a Happy New Year sequence. Also the "are we here to see the queen?"

I could never choose one favourite quote though. The scripts are so clever, there are so many quotable quotes!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

June 6, 2012 10:53 am  #30

So many favourites have already been covered but this one gets me every time:

SH: If you were dying... If you'd been murdered - in your very last few seconds what would you say?
JW: "Please, God, let me live."
SH: Use your imagination!
JW: I don't have to.

Oh John!

June 6, 2012 2:07 pm  #31

Sherlock Holmes: No...because I took your pulse. Elevated. Your pupils dilated. I imagine John Watson thinks love’s a mystery to me, but the chemistry is incredibly simple and very destructive. When we first met, you told me that a disguise is always a self portrait, how true of you, the combination to your safe – your measurements. But this, this is far more intimate. This is your heart, and you should never let it rule your head.You could have chosen any random number and walked out of here today with everything you worked for. But you just couldn’t resist it, could you? I’ve always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof.

well, too long I guess.. but I love this quote so much.. hehe

© unreasonablyme

I don't need a superheroes... I need hero just like Holmes. :3

June 6, 2012 7:57 pm  #32

I am sure someone has already said this but...

"Nobody can fake being such an annoying dick all the time." said with such conviction.

June 6, 2012 8:01 pm  #33

JaneCo wrote:

I am sure someone has already said this but...

"Nobody can fake being such an annoying dick all the time." said with such conviction.

Yes, I consider this to be the closest "I love you" in the whole series.

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 6, 2012 8:12 pm  #34

Aaah... so that's why it sounded so convincing.

Nice one tobe 

June 7, 2012 9:56 pm  #35

'falling is a lot like flying except there's a more permanent destination'     

I <3 Sherlock Holmes
    Twitter = @ellen_lowe

June 12, 2012 11:27 pm  #36

I have to put these in categories. Forgive me if I don't have the exact quotes. I'm sure one of you can correct me!

Chilling
Moriarty: I'll burn the heart out of you.

Sherlock: If you want me to shake hands with you in hell, I shall not disappoint you.

Sherlock: I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second I'm one of them.

Funny
Inn-keeper: Is yours a snorer?
John: Got any crisps?
(or any line where John has to deny that he and Sherlock are a couple)

Heart-breaking
John: Don't...be...dead.

Molly: What d'you need?

Endearing
Mrs. Hudson: I've got a hip.

Clever
Any line where John zings Sherlock or vice versa.

Telling
I said "dangerous," and here you are.

June 12, 2012 11:34 pm  #37

I like the way you've categorised them.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 13, 2012 1:39 am  #38

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

I like the way you've categorised them.

Thanks. It was the only way I could keep from just quoting the whole series. 

June 13, 2012 6:11 am  #39

"Don't talk out loud, Anderson. You'll lower the IQ of the entire street."

And of course all the other quotes you have already compiled in such a nice and thorough way  .

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 13, 2012 6:43 am  #40

my  fav quote HAS to be---from the great game episode---

Sherlock:   Oh, let me guess-- I get killed.     

I  just love the way Ben SAYS that line.   He starts out with a medium high tone,  then the tone gets lower on the last word.    It's as if he is BORED  saying it.  yeah.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

Board footera