BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 13, 2013 9:18 am  #61

Re: Book Title Game (inspired by Cabin Pressure)

While we are trying  to work out Tantalus's tricky one may I post another? I'm struggling with stories that start with Love...

A Long Way From A Lot Of Folk Who Get On Your Nerves.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 13, 2013 9:56 am  #62

A novel from 1933?

June 13, 2013 3:46 pm  #63

Far from the Madding Crowd!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 13, 2013 11:28 pm  #64

Yes you are correct besleybean. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 14, 2013 4:26 am  #65

How about an easy classic?

Not West Of That Place From God's Book

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

June 14, 2013 4:38 am  #66

East Of Eden.

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 14, 2013 4:43 am  #67

Of course!
(One of my all time favourites, BTW)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

June 14, 2013 4:43 am  #68

Cold War Tale With A Mole.

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 14, 2013 4:49 am  #69

The dull book that goes on and on that is in front of the book with the small man with feet of hair who has a ring and goes on a quest with dwarves.

/mwa ha ha ha

(edited to fix a mistake)

Last edited by sj4iy (June 14, 2013 12:26 pm)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

June 14, 2013 5:48 am  #70

The Spy who came in from the cold?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 14, 2013 9:47 am  #71

The Cold War one I am thinking Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy but there are rather a lot to choose from. I really like TSWCIFTC including the film.

June 14, 2013 10:38 am  #72

sj4iy wrote:

The dull book that goes on and on that is in front of the book with the small man with hairy feet who has a ring.

/mwa ha ha ha

The Neverending Story. But what has it to do with the LOTR? 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

June 14, 2013 11:58 am  #73

Cold War Tale With A Mole

Almost every cold war plot has a mole.
What about The South Pole by Amundsen? Cold war and a nautic pole?

June 14, 2013 12:20 pm  #74

Mattlocked wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

The dull book that goes on and on that is in front of the book with the small man with hairy feet who has a ring.

/mwa ha ha ha

The Neverending Story. But what has it to do with the LOTR?

I edited the title a bit for more clarity 

Last edited by sj4iy (June 14, 2013 12:30 pm)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

June 14, 2013 12:32 pm  #75

Oh, I once tried to read that one. Without success. 

What about: 
Man Builds Church Long Time Back 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 14, 2013 1:14 pm  #76

Davina wrote:

The Cold War one I am thinking Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy but there are rather a lot to choose from. I really like TSWCIFTC including the film.

Actually, I was thinking of TTSS - but you're right - there's more than one solution.
Well done!

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 14, 2013 2:24 pm  #77

SusiGo wrote:

What about: 
Man Builds Church Long Time Back 

The Pillars Of The Earth?

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 14, 2013 2:42 pm  #78

Exactly. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 14, 2013 2:46 pm  #79

Cool Girl With Red Braids.

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 14, 2013 2:52 pm  #80

Pippi Longstocking?

Board footera