BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 8, 2013 9:49 pm  #2061

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

Is the casebook gonna be updated?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 8, 2013 9:52 pm  #2062

The Casebook is definitely worth buying. And I wouldn't want to wait that long...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

June 8, 2013 9:56 pm  #2063

They are bound to update the casebook at some point but I certainly don't know for sure.

With all the eps on Netflix I think I can hold out on the DVD's until they make a 3 season blueray. 

Although I do really want to hear the commentaries.

Last edited by tonnaree (June 8, 2013 9:57 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 8, 2013 9:58 pm  #2064

GAME and HOUND commentaries are a must!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 9, 2013 6:15 am  #2065

For a start, you can read  Ariane DeVere's transcripts of the DVD commentaries, eg HOUNDS:

http://arianedevere.livejournal.com/36671.html

Last edited by tobeornot221b (June 9, 2013 6:46 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 9, 2013 11:35 am  #2066

tobeornot221b wrote:

For a start, you can read  Ariane DeVere's transcripts of the DVD commentaries, eg HOUNDS:

Thank you for posting the link, Tobe! To me, listening to the commentaries of Sherlock is the hardest listening comprehesion exercise there is. I always got distracted by the film, no matter how much I promise myself to really LISTEN this time...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

June 9, 2013 1:17 pm  #2067

tobeornot221b wrote:

*bouncy bouncy*     You are my new  best friend.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 10, 2013 2:56 pm  #2068

...when you play the Sherlock Medley for a recital and wear a deerstalker to go with it.
...when you can't stop telling people to go see STID.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

June 10, 2013 5:12 pm  #2069

I had to look twice at a sign today because as I glanced towards it I read it as 'Mind Palace'. When I looked again it read 'Market Place'!

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

June 10, 2013 5:14 pm  #2070

One of the school kids said ' Cheryl Cole' the other day and I thought she said' Sherlock Holmes'!

June 10, 2013 7:54 pm  #2071

I know who I prefer! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 10, 2013 8:39 pm  #2072

LIkewise!

June 17, 2013 9:18 pm  #2073

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

you swear death to all supermarkets when none of your local stores currently stock the DVD boxset *SEETHE*

you spend your zumba classes wondering how Sherlock works out - I mean, the guy is toned and yet he doesn't seem to make any time for exercise...You also wonder what Sherlock would make of Zumba...

you keep seeing references where there aren't any - a van saying "Homes" etc

on your re-watch of TRF you meticulously examine Sherlock's face for clues to what he is thinking in order to be the one who cracks the damn answers to his fake death

you blub like a fool when watching TRF before the damn opening titles have even ran

you actually feel withdrawls when you don't have any episode lined up to watch

"He will outlive God trying to have the last word."

June 18, 2013 5:34 am  #2074

Don't apologise...great scene.

June 18, 2013 6:48 am  #2075

When a 90 minute episode is no longer a 90 minute episode because you have to pause and rewind so many times to ensure you have seen everything in the scene!

June 18, 2013 8:01 am  #2076

nicbooful wrote:

When a 90 minute episode is no longer a 90 minute episode because you have to pause and rewind so many times to ensure you have seen everything in the scene!

Right! 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

June 18, 2013 8:18 am  #2077

Mattlocked wrote:

nicbooful wrote:

Right!

And you still have the gutfeeling that you miss something of importance.

June 18, 2013 9:58 am  #2078

Be wrote:

Mattlocked wrote:

nicbooful wrote:

Right!

And you still have the gutfeeling that you miss something of importance.

Exactly! Mmmm....I think I'm obsessed with Sherlock....

June 18, 2013 12:28 pm  #2079

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...your morning routine goes like this; wake up, simple stretch, walk over to laptop, turn it on, go on the internet and read a Sherlock fanfiction for an hour or two (or more, depending on how enthralling it is)...and then have breakfast 

-------------------------------------------------------

June 18, 2013 12:38 pm  #2080

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...your morning routine goes like this; wake up, simple stretch, walk over to laptop, turn it on, go on the internet and read a Sherlock fanfiction for an hour or two (or more, depending on how enthralling it is)...and then have breakfast 

Nice routine, only possible on the weekend for me though.
Adding to the reading, there is always the Sherlock Score playing in the background.

Board footera