BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 19, 2012 1:13 pm  #21

Re: Rupert Graves

For you Aussies. Rupert is in Waking the Dead Series 7 Episode 5 'Duty and Honour Pt. 1' airing tonight at 9.35pm on ABC1.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 19, 2012 1:15 pm  #22

For the Brits...Rupert is doing the voiceover for a 90 minute astronomy programme 'Seven Ages of Starlight' BBC 4 9 p.m. on 25th October.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 10, 2013 11:11 am  #23

Rupert has been filming in Bruges, Belgium for a new BBC TV production entitled The White Queen. He playes a lead role in this production in the part of Lord Stanley. This is an historical series set in 1464 during The Wars of the Roses between the Houses of Lancaster and York. It is due to air on BBC 1 sometime during 2013.

Further information can be found on:

http://www.rupert-graves.com

Last edited by Davina (February 10, 2013 11:13 am)

March 7, 2013 11:33 am  #24

Rupert is narrating 'What Destroyed the Hindenberg' tonight at 21.00 GMT on Channel 4 in the UK.

March 7, 2013 5:06 pm  #25

Rupert is in V for Vendetta which is showing tonight on French TV station NT1 at 20.50. If you haven't seen this film I can thoroughly recommend it. It is legendary!

March 9, 2013 7:46 pm  #26

Rupert is in Made in Dagenham which is on BBC 2 tonight at 9p.m. G.M.T.

April 15, 2013 6:46 pm  #27

In May Rupert starts filming the film 'Sacrifice'. This will be filmed in Shetland, Ireland and New York. The book it is based on was written by S. J. Bolton and is a result of her research into Norse Mythology.

June 5, 2013 2:21 pm  #28

Finally! The White Queen (filmed 2012 and  mentioned earlier in this thread) will start on Sunday 16th June BBC1 HD and BBC1 (not Northern Ireland) 9-10 p.m. 

June 9, 2013 4:29 pm  #29

Oh wow, The White Queen sounds so good! I can't wait. Wonder when it will make its way over to the US. 

I LooooooooOVe Rupert Graves! I think I first saw him in The Forsyte Saga (with two of my other loves, Damian Lewis and Ioan Gruffudd), and Mrs Dalloway and Damage. It seemed like he always played such a tragic character! And then I recently saw his episode of Law and Order UK (which I bought and binged on because I'm madly in love with Ben Daniels), and remembered how great he is. Why is he always so cute and lovable even when he's murdering people?!? He does insanity very well  

I absolutely loooooove him as LaStrade! So cute with Sherlock. So so great. Did I mention I love him?

June 9, 2013 4:44 pm  #30

Did I already mention "Maurice", a beautiful 1987 film by James Ivory. I warmly recommend it, not just for Rupert. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 9, 2013 6:33 pm  #31

Have you seen him in 'V for Vendetta'? If You haven't seen the film you really must. It is great!

June 9, 2013 8:04 pm  #32

Very talented and a fine looking man.  That is all.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 9, 2013 8:30 pm  #33

Davina wrote:

Have you seen him in 'V for Vendetta'? If You haven't seen the film you really must. It is great!

No, I haven't. Will have to put it on my long to-watch list.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 9, 2013 8:55 pm  #34

V for Vendetta is fantastic!  I loved the graphic novel and thought they did an amazing job with the film.   Of course how can you go wrong with Hugo Weaving aka King of the Nerds.   

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 10, 2013 10:59 am  #35

I love the scene in the kitchen with the apron and cooking! 

June 10, 2013 10:44 pm  #36

A few days ago, I finished a marathon viewing of Scott and Bailey, in which Rupert Graves appears.  When I was watching the first episode of the first season and he appeared, in the restaurant scene with Rachel, I at first wasn't sure it was him.  His character, Nick Savage, was so different from Lestrade!  But the role really allowed RG to show his talent at acting. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

July 3, 2013 7:52 pm  #37

I've only seen him in Sherlock, but just from that I think he's an amazing actor! I really want to see him in these other films I've heard mentioned. My favorite scene with him in Sherlock is in THoB, when Lestrade is telling Sherlock that Greg is his first name. LOVE that scene! Cracks me up every time I watch it! :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I'm not a hero. I'm a high functioning sociapath! MERRY CHRISTMAS!"

~Sherlock Holmes, His Last Vow

"Hello, little brother. Enjoying your exile?"

"I've only been gone four minutes!"

~Mycroft and Sherlock Holmes, His Last Vow

September 19, 2013 6:20 pm  #38

I have just seen 'Maurice'. What a wonderful movie and what a damm good-looking, cute, gorgeous and sexy Rupert Graves!

Now with 50 he is still an attractive man, but in his twenties he was ... oh my god!!!
(Do I exaggerate?)

I can really recommend the movie. It's great (not only because of Rupert)!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

January 16, 2014 3:35 pm  #39

Dunno if it's been posted here before but someone ( unfortunately not me) met Rupert during a holiday after having a swim and was able to get two pictures with him. I'm a little bit envious ;)

Warning: topless Rupert!!

source: http://gravesdiggers.livejournal.com/50793.html#cutid1

John Watson: "He’s clueing for looks"

October 3, 2015 1:10 pm  #40

Wasn't sure where to put this...

Rupert filmed a little message to thank fans for liking the Sherlock facebook page
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=730160013751263&id=163565280410742

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Board footera