BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 8, 2013 10:08 am  #1

Very new Sherlock fan but already obsessed...

Hey folks

I'm Elvina. I'm currently revising for an Open University exam on Monday and while on BBCiplayer about a week ago I decided to browse the drama catergory...ep 2 of series 1 of Sherlock was there. I have been meaning to see what all the fuss was about and already love the RDJ movies and Martin Freeman I decided to give it a whirl. Dear Lord. Why did nobody warn me?????  I have watched all 6 this week and three episodes in I realised I was in love with Sherlock. Like an idiot I thought that might be an odd thing, I mean, he's you know...Sherlock, is this allowed? Lol. Oh how innocent I was...So, last night I was up late on youtube watching "How did Sherlock fake his own death" vids and all kinds of interviews. Heaven.

So, so happy to be here. Sherlock is currently keeping me sane as I revise and come Monday on that exam hall I shall be going to my mind palace to pass with flying colours.

Really looking forward to getting to know you all.

"He will outlive God trying to have the last word."

June 8, 2013 10:30 am  #2

Re: Very new Sherlock fan but already obsessed...

Hello and welcome to the forum, Elvina!

Nice to have you here. Make yourself at home and enjoy your time! 

Greetings from Germany,
Mary

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

June 8, 2013 10:34 am  #3

From watching for the first time to finding the forum... Well done!

Welcome!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

June 8, 2013 11:33 am  #4

Welcome, Elvina. It's absolutely okay to be in love with Sherlock. You're not the only one. Have fun. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 8, 2013 1:08 pm  #5

Hi, warm welcome from me as well 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

June 8, 2013 1:23 pm  #6

Awesome!  A very happy welcome to you!  And no worries, I'm in love with Sherlock too  

-------------------------------------------------------

June 8, 2013 1:32 pm  #7

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

Awesome!  A very happy welcome to you!  And no worries, I'm in love with Sherlock too  

It is safe to say that we all are  ... well, most of us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

June 8, 2013 1:34 pm  #8

Mary Me wrote:

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

It is safe to say that we all are  ... well, most of us.

Definitely....we can all have a room in his Mind Palace! Teehee! 

-------------------------------------------------------

June 8, 2013 4:53 pm  #9

Hi Elvina,
so you've been ignoring the "keep your hands off - could be dangerous" label on Sherlock?
Poor you! Welcome to our self-help group. Glad you could join us...
And: Good luck with your exam!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 8, 2013 7:22 pm  #10

Thanks so, so much everyone! It is no exageration to say Sherlock is my sanity saver right now. Plus, I have a thing about highly intelligent men. My friends think I've lost it and am in "cloud nerd/geek land" even more now, so yes, self-help group indeed .

See you all around, am off to start the re-watch xxxxx

June 8, 2013 9:05 pm  #11

Hello and welcome to the forum Elvina! What are you studying with the OU? Good luck with your exams.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 8, 2013 9:27 pm  #12

Hi Davina
I'm studing an Bachelor of Arts Open Degree so you get to choose all 6 modules (1 per year as it's part-time study) and I've gone for a mix of early years education (I work with 2-5 year olds) and the arts. This year it's been an art history module and this coming year is children's literature.

So on Monday I shall be imagining Sherlock whispering the answers in my ear or calling me an idiot for not remembering.

June 9, 2013 4:43 am  #13

Welcome to the forums, Elvina.

------------------------------------------
There's no shortcut to a dream. It's all blood and sweat and life is what you manage in between.

June 9, 2013 10:39 am  #14

Ah! I worked in Secondary  School as a teacher, then Primary and finally worked and ran a Pre-school for over 8 years. some great module choices!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 9, 2013 1:44 pm  #15

Hello,Elvina.
I really like Your introduction. Glad to have You here.

Science has not yet taught us if madness is or is not the sublimity of the intelligence.

June 9, 2013 3:04 pm  #16

Yeah, the OU is great for that and have two more to choose as well.

Thanks so much everyone, am settling in great xxxx

June 9, 2013 6:18 pm  #17

Hi Elvina! I'm new too! And of *course* you're in love with Sherlock! Because, you know, you have *eyes*. 

But seriously, what's with charming TV sociopaths? I was fascinated by Dexter too. Real life ones are not usually that fun. 

July 6, 2013 6:52 pm  #18

Belated welcomes to the forum...

How did your exam go?

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

Board footera