BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 6, 2013 9:22 pm  #1

Hello from the Netherlands ^^ I'm Foy

Hi there,
My name is Foy (that's my second name,my first name is Rianne )  , i'm 27 years old and i live in Leeuwarden, the Netherlands.

How i got here (at the forum);
I've seen Sherlock for the first time on a Belgian tv channel (Canvas) ... and i kept watching for 1,5 hours ( I think it was Hounds of Baskerville) . So i found it very interesting from the first moment; great filming, interesting story, handsome actor... But i can't remember when that was :O ... It's been a bit quiet for a few months...but..
somehow about 4 weeks ago, i got totally obsessed with Benedict Cumberbatch and Sherlock.  I found pictures of him on Instagram and suddenly i was in love! I still can't believe why i didn't see that the first time i watched Sherlock. I was, however, intrigued and interested by that particular face. So i recognised him.
Most nights when i can't sleep i'm on instagram 'till about 2 or 3 o'clock;  liking all kinds of Sherlock pictures    (and saving all the pictures i like on my iphone ;) )

Also; i went to London for 5 days with school when i was 17 (so that was exactly 10 years ago) and i LOVED everything about the city. And the country;  the language, the actors (Benedict!!) , the music, the bands, the singer-songwriters (James morrison!!)  the buildings, the history, the tube, the streets and so on.. So i'm saving money to go there again in the near future.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask ^^

Greetings from NL, XXX Foy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things"

*Sherlock: This is your heart. And you should never let it rule your head. You could have chosen any random number and walked out of here today with everything you worked for. But you just couldn't resist it, could you? I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof.
-Irene Adler: Everything I said, it's not real. I was just playing the game.
*Sherlock: I know. And this is just losing. {I AM SHERLOCKED}.

June 6, 2013 9:29 pm  #2

Re: Hello from the Netherlands ^^ I'm Foy

Welcome, Foy, from another Londonphile, Sherlocked and Cumberbatched member here.
You will perfectly fit in here, I can tell. Have fun!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 6, 2013 9:33 pm  #3

Awesome!  And welcome to the forum! Hope you like it here, 'tis a fun Sherlockian place 

-------------------------------------------------------

June 7, 2013 4:22 am  #4

Hi there, Rianne, welcome to the boards.

------------------------------------------
There's no shortcut to a dream. It's all blood and sweat and life is what you manage in between.

June 7, 2013 4:28 am  #5

Ho Foy, and welcome.
What a lovely introduction. I have never been to Leeuwarden, but I've spend holidays on Texel and Ameland. What a lovely part of the world!

You will surely have a good time here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

June 7, 2013 4:41 am  #6

Hello and welcome to the forum Foy from little me in the UK.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 7, 2013 6:07 am  #7

Welkom, Foy, here you'll find a lot of fellow Sherlockians and Cumberbabes/ladies/girls. Have fun. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 7, 2013 1:47 pm  #8

Welcome Foy!

I'm a Sherlock (obsviously) and London/UK fan as well, from France

I visited your country some, well... 14 or 15 years ago. Beautiful! Went to Amsterdam, Lisse (sp.?? Well, where there is the Keukeunof park) and some beautiful little fishermen village whose name I unfortunately can't remember...

Just like old times...

June 7, 2013 2:01 pm  #9

Beautiful little fishermen? 

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 7, 2013 2:26 pm  #10

Hello and welcome to the forum, Foy!

Please make yourself at home. Have a nice time here! 

Greetings from Germany,
Mary

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

June 7, 2013 2:59 pm  #11

Davina wrote:

Beautiful little fishermen?

mwuahaha!: Beautiful and little was the village, actually  It was almost desert except a couple of old people who weren't too happy to see us there, apparently  

Unfortunately...

Just like old times...

June 8, 2013 9:10 pm  #12

Oh my lord! This is wrong in so many ways. (when I say wrong, I actually mean right! Lol! )

June 9, 2013 2:08 pm  #13

Foy, I've read Your introduction and I'm glad You are here. I also love London.
Have a good time.

Last edited by Marheri (June 9, 2013 2:08 pm)

Science has not yet taught us if madness is or is not the sublimity of the intelligence.

June 10, 2013 11:19 am  #14

Schmiezi wrote:

Ho Foy, and welcome.
What a lovely introduction. I have never been to Leeuwarden, but I've spend holidays on Texel and Ameland. What a lovely part of the world!

You will surely have a good time here.

Thank you very much ^^ The funny thing is; I've never been to Texel or Ameland myself :O It's a shame , i know. I've heard it's   very beautiful out there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things"

*Sherlock: This is your heart. And you should never let it rule your head. You could have chosen any random number and walked out of here today with everything you worked for. But you just couldn't resist it, could you? I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof.

June 10, 2013 11:33 am  #15

Marheri wrote:

Foy, I've read Your introduction and I'm glad You are here. I also love London.
Have a good time.

Thank you ALL VERY MUCH for te lovely welcome ^^ I already feel at home
I still have to figure out some stuff here... 'cause it's my first time on a forum . So probably i won't post my texts in the right place  in the beginning, haha.  And my English grammar is probably also not all that good. But i'm working on that ;) 

I wanted to reply sooner, but i've been away for the weekend with my parents, sister and grandma. And at that place the internet was very slow. So i couldn't get onto this website. And also my parents kept saying; "Put your phone away, you're not being very good company this way"  (they were actually right... but i didn't want to miss anything on news about Sherlock or of my friends on facebook, instagram, here .. I'm kind of a controlfreak. But hey;   who of all the people with a smartphone these days isn't ?  Right?? )

Oh and another thing ;  i lend a book (or actually 3) from the library about Sherlock Holmes. I've been reading " a study in red " (pink in the series,  red in the books) in 2 days. I'm not much of a reader ( i have ADHD, so i can't concentrate for too long..) but it was very interesting, so i got through the first story completely 119 pages!!  *yaaay  for me , haha *

I'm not shure if it's the ADHD , or just my personality, but i talk a LOT! so... i also type A LOT haha...  you'd better get used to it 

June 10, 2013 2:55 pm  #16

*Waves* Hello there!
Yeeh! Another Sherlock fan from the Netherlands, even from the north! (I live in Niebert, provincie Groningen)
Leuk om je te ontmoeten, ik hoop dat je het net zo leuk gaat vinden op het forum als ik het hier vind :D!

---------------------------------------------------------------
Wise men talk because they've got something to say, fools because they have to say something ~ Plato

June 10, 2013 5:20 pm  #17

Welcome! I'm new around here too and am soooo thrilled as everyone is amazing!

"He will outlive God trying to have the last word."

June 10, 2013 7:56 pm  #18

Thequietbeliever wrote:

*Waves* Hello there!
Yeeh! Another Sherlock fan from the Netherlands, even from the north! (I live in Niebert, provincie Groningen)
Leuk om je te ontmoeten, ik hoop dat je het net zo leuk gaat vinden op het forum als ik het hier vind :D!

Heyyy "thequietbeliever"  That's nice I'm original from the province of Groningen myself ^^   I just looked it up on Google Maps. Niebert is close to Groningen!
( i was in a band in Groningen, have you heard of "Ten Speed" ? ) -->  For the record;  does anybody have a problem with us (Dutch fans) typing Dutch??  Or is that a bit awkward?? 

June 11, 2013 2:41 am  #19

welcome Foy!!   It's so nice to know someone from the Netherlands.   I  have an aunt who lives in Amsterdam.  I'm  the local kitty.   I'm from the USA.   I  have ALWAYS  wanted to visit Europe and the surrounding countries,  especially London,  England.   Alas, I'm poor as a church kitty,   but I can still see my dreams in my mind's eye.   you will like it here very much.    enjoy!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 11, 2013 10:08 am  #20

Hi Foy, late but still warm - my welcome for you! Enjoy! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

Board footera