BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 3, 2013 12:51 pm  #1

Why I'm here...

I  watched Sherlock for the first time ever two days ago, the episode I saw was 'A Scandal in Belgravia' the first episode of season two, And was hooked so I downloaded the whole series and watched it over and over again till I can memorize lots of my favorite parts to the exact word. I joined this because the whole time I was watching the series in every cliffhanger and every kilig( i dont know what kilig is in English but it means those moments like when sherlock told molly 'you do matter') moment, I wanted to talk to somebody else who understands but all of the friends who ive asked havent watched it and when I tell them to some say and I quote(English version): "It sounds boring," HOW THE HELL COULD YOU SAY SHERLOCK HOLMES IS BORING?!?!?!?! And thus the reson why I'm here now.  

Sherlock's cheekbones broke his fall, it was the sidewalk that was bleeding.

June 3, 2013 12:54 pm  #2

Re: Why I'm here...

I think you've found the right place, cloie. Welcom and have fun. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 3, 2013 12:54 pm  #3

Mabuhay! Warm welcome, Scandal was also for me the first episode and still the one I love best 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

June 3, 2013 12:58 pm  #4

They said "Sounds boring" ?! Seriously?!  That's crazy talk!!! Sherlock is AWESOME!  As I'm sure every single one of us Sherlocked Sherlockians here can agree, so you have come to the right place!  Welcome to the forum and I hope you have fun!  I had a similar experience myself when I first saw Sherlock, I saw A Study In Pink and I immediately became hooked and watched all the episodes within a couple of days 

Last edited by SilverMoonDragonB (June 3, 2013 12:59 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------

June 3, 2013 12:59 pm  #5

Hi from Germany, cloie.
Two days and you are already on a forum. That is really fast.
Have fun.

Be

June 3, 2013 2:54 pm  #6

Hi,cloie.
Cheers from Poland.

Science has not yet taught us if madness is or is not the sublimity of the intelligence.

June 3, 2013 3:07 pm  #7

Hello and welcome to the gorgeous community, cloie! 

Sherlock Holmes and boring???? WOW, what must it be like in their funny little brains?
Anyway, you're in fine company here. Have a nice time here and make yourself at home! 
I can tell you, it's the series that makes you addicted, but the fandom is the reason for your addiction to grow! 

Greetings from Germany,
Mary

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

June 3, 2013 4:38 pm  #8

Hello and welcome to the forum from Blightey cloie! Clearly you are wiser than your friends.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 3, 2013 9:11 pm  #9

Sherlock Holmes and boring do not go in the same sentence, unless it's Sherlock Holmes declaring that life is currently boring because he doesn't have a case.

Welcome to our friendly forum. I too, started watching Sherlock from Scandal...which is a weird experience when it opens up in the swimming pool and you're all like, "what the heck's going on?!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 4, 2013 2:53 am  #10

Hiya!  Welcome!
Only been here a few days myself.  Dive on in.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 5, 2013 10:06 am  #11

Boring? I can't even.

Welcome to the boards, anyway. Hope you enjoy it here.

------------------------------------------
There's no shortcut to a dream. It's all blood and sweat and life is what you manage in between.

June 7, 2013 3:47 pm  #12

Howdy, cloie, from the USA!

Have fun...

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

June 9, 2013 6:38 pm  #13

Oh my gosh Cloie, your signiture made me laugh so hard  

Board footera