BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 14, 2013 8:41 pm  #21

Re: I.O.U. Version 2.0, a VERY convincing theory.

Joalro wrote:

Nice try though! That's the exact sort of thinking I'm looking for!

Thanks. Too bad it didn't work out.

April 14, 2013 11:20 pm  #22

So I tried to work with cinderella and tried to think to up something as organically as possible. This is what I have at the moment.

So Sherlock, on the rooftop with Moriarty, said he wanted to use the key code to get rid of Rich Brook and bring back Moriarty.  Moriarty then states that there is no key code (dummy).  I'm thinking this is partly true, but not completely.  I still think the key code is used for something, and CAN be used to bring back Moriarty.  It just isn't the powerful hack anything code that Moriarty made it out to be.  It can only bring back Moriarty if the code properly fits.  Hence, the key code is the slipper.  The problem is, it doesn't fit Rich Brook, because Rich Brook is real.  Rich Brook is actually an actor playing Moriarty.  This is a theory others have been toying with.  So this places Rich Brook as one of the evil step sisters. But then who is Moriarty?  Well it's the one who the slipper fits, the Cinderella.  But if Sherlock is indeed the Evil Step mother, then Cinderella i s the one who he neglects, poorly treats.  Molly.  It's a bit of a far fetched idea, but the most natural I could come up with.

This is definitely the weakest part of the theory, but possibly a step in the right direction.

Last edited by Joalro (April 14, 2013 11:57 pm)

April 15, 2013 8:10 am  #23

New thought: if Sherlock's supposed to be the evil step mother, and we're supposed to see things from the newpapers point of view, what if Rich Brook is Cinderella? The poor actor Sherlock paid to do all the dirty work.

And could Molly then be the prince? After all she has been dating Rich Brook (or Moriarty or Jim from IT or whoever he really is). What if he then "lost" something there (the slipper) that Sherlock needs Mollys help to find?

Or, maybe better, could Kitty Riley be the prince, and the ball is where they all meet in her flat? There RB/JM flees in a hurry, as Cinderella did in the fairytale.

Last edited by Fenchurch (April 15, 2013 10:04 am)

April 15, 2013 7:06 pm  #24

Joalro wrote:

So I tried to work with cinderella and tried to think to up something as organically as possible. This is what I have at the moment.

So Sherlock, on the rooftop with Moriarty, said he wanted to use the key code to get rid of Rich Brook and bring back Moriarty.  Moriarty then states that there is no key code (dummy).  I'm thinking this is partly true, but not completely.  I still think the key code is used for something,....

But it's not a keycode at all.  It's the rhythym of a Bach Partita. (Which it literally can't be, because neither Partita #1 has enough rests to possibly be mistaken for binary code - but that's another topic, I supoose.) So, being as it isn't a code, I'm not sure I see how it can be used for anything.

June 2, 2013 8:38 pm  #25

After reading this it is hard not to think of snow white when Moriarty takes one bite out that apple so it reads I O U. It would be interesting to read the Grimm tales adaptation, to see if there are any parralels...

June 2, 2013 8:40 pm  #26

FAKING DEATH -just occured to me... bit obscure but hey

June 2, 2013 8:49 pm  #27

Or the mirror; every one (especially john) thinks he is amazing and tells him so, When someone more beatiful (or smarter) comes along they no longer stick by the woman (sherlock), turning her evil

June 3, 2013 12:04 pm  #28

IamSherLock3d wrote:

FAKING DEATH -just occured to me... bit obscure but hey

In Snow White it´s not about faking death. Snow White is about attempted murder and apparent death.
For me the apple is one of a lot bible symbols/ nods in TRF (angels, the apple, the way Sherlock falls from the roof, a person who sacrifies himself for the benefit of others etc.).

Board footera