BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 2, 2013 9:36 pm  #9701

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

I imagine that somewhere in this gargantuan thread these photos already reside however my absolute favourite is this particular Cumberbatch (although I am not usually into blonde boys)

and of course his natural hair colour (or near enough?) is also good. As is his face. 

June 2, 2013 9:38 pm  #9702

*thud* Too late for all that. Crawling to bed. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 2, 2013 10:52 pm  #9703

@Atara. 

Those pics...*sigh*  So...handsome  *thud*

Last edited by SilverMoonDragonB (June 2, 2013 10:53 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------

June 2, 2013 11:47 pm  #9704

Russell wrote:

His hair certainly was interestingly different in the pilot. Here, too....

(although honestly, aside from Sherlock-hair and Harrison-hair, I find that one pretty nice on him too! And same awesome intensity...)

This is his 1970s hair - goes with the suit!

June 3, 2013 12:24 am  #9705

MysteriaSleuthbedder wrote:

Russell wrote:

(although honestly, aside from Sherlock-hair and Harrison-hair, I find that one pretty nice on him too! And same awesome intensity...)

There is something oddly adorable about that haircut :3 . I first saw TTSS not long after seeing both Sherlock series for the first time, I had no idea he was in it and when I first saw him on screen I practically lept out of my chair! xD 

Last edited by SilverMoonDragonB (June 3, 2013 12:24 am)

June 3, 2013 4:39 am  #9706

June 3, 2013 4:42 am  #9707

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

Russell wrote:

There is something oddly adorable about that haircut :3 . I first saw TTSS not long after seeing both Sherlock series for the first time, I had no idea he was in it and when I first saw him on screen I practically lept out of my chair! xD 

I really love Peter Guillam for some reason.  You know, I didn't know who BC was until Feb 1 of this year, so I am always thrilled to find anything he is in.  I just found TTSS on my HBOgo two weeks ago.  I think I've watched it like 9 times.  I finally watched some interviews he did about it and now I have the book on order.  I also see pics not in the movie, so I have the DVD on order because there are obviously deleted scenes.

I'm uh - oh hell, I'm retired and single so I can be crazy if I want, right?

Last edited by MysteriaSleuthbedder (June 3, 2013 4:47 am)

June 3, 2013 5:06 am  #9708

Definitely agreeing about the love of his different looks (and that movie)...  ;D  And... dang... some of the other shots you people posted!    But, wait... we were talking about hair, were we not?   

... I don't know whether to fall over giggling or fall over 'awwww'ing and going 'oh, Ben...'   
(oh, wait.... this is just Sherlock before he 'twists and diffuses', right?) 

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

June 3, 2013 5:12 am  #9709

Russell wrote:

... I don't know whether to fall over giggling or fall over 'awwww'ing and going 'oh, Ben...'
(oh, wait.... this is just Sherlock before he 'twists and diffuses', right?)

I believe this is very possibly a manip. His neck doesn't look like that and never has-- my theory is that someone airbrushed out a lot of its width and added quite a lot of length. I know he has a long, slim neck, but he looks deformed here, unnaturally skinny and long-necked. And as far as I know, he's never appeared in any photo with hair like that. He's also unshaven here, which Sherlock never has been, far as I can remember. Someone thinks they're clever, apparently, with photoshop or whatever program people use now to move things around.

Last edited by ancientsgate (June 3, 2013 5:14 am)

June 3, 2013 5:23 am  #9710

Ack...  you're right, of course.   Would think being on the internet long enough I'd have suspected....  sorry.... neck does look kinda creepy... 
Impulsive humor instead.  And staying up too late looking at pics.  Pttph.   At least the other one's adorable...     Night!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

June 3, 2013 5:49 am  #9711

Yes there's something kinda odd about that last one and I'm sorry but you know, TTSS is  an older film now.  Not like I'm giving spoilers about a brand new film and I also didn't give details.
When do we stop being sensitive about films we haven'rt seen or books we haven;t read? 
Whole libraries of books and films I haven't read/seen, which the rest of the world has.  I just accept it as a fact of life.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 3, 2013 7:05 am  #9712

Of course we can't keep silent about the plot of every film. It's just that this very scene is so surprising in the context of the film and so wonderful that I didn't want to describe it in detail. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 3, 2013 8:35 am  #9713

SusiGo wrote:

Of course we can't keep silent about the plot of every film. It's just that this very scene is so surprising in the context of the film and so wonderful that I didn't want to describe it in detail. 

That's why I wanted to read the book.  Maybe LeCarre fans weren't.  Or were!  But it surprised me and it was so powerful, and it's just pure Cumberbatch,  great depth and limitless range.

(I have way too many fave opics from this - here's a satisfied smirk)

Last edited by MysteriaSleuthbedder (June 3, 2013 8:39 am)

June 3, 2013 8:37 am  #9714

They changed this aspect of the story for the film, didn't they? Good choice, though. 

June 3, 2013 8:39 am  #9715

besleybean wrote:

Yes there's something kinda odd about that last one and I'm sorry but you know, TTSS is  an older film now.  Not like I'm giving spoilers about a brand new film and I also didn't give details.
When do we stop being sensitive about films we haven'rt seen or books we haven;t read? 
Whole libraries of books and films I haven't read/seen, which the rest of the world has.  I just accept it as a fact of life.

I always enjoy when people are considerate, though...

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

June 3, 2013 8:41 am  #9716

SusiGo wrote:

They changed this aspect of the story for the film, didn't they? Good choice, though. 

I don't know!  I have the book on order.  I don't usually read spy things.  But once I heard BC talk about reading it and all the thngs his character had going on, I wanted to see what he meant.  Have you read it?

June 3, 2013 8:44 am  #9717

Sorry, I thought you'd read it already. No, I didn't read it, but I watched the old TV series with Alec Guinness and read something about the adaptation. I didn't like the series as I couldn't follow the plot. Maybe I was too young then. The film is much better IMO opinion - although it could be thanks to all those brilliant actors as well. 

June 3, 2013 12:54 pm  #9718

^ Oh wow...what a sultry, and sexy pose...*thud* 

Here, have some more Benedict...*sigh*

June 3, 2013 1:47 pm  #9719

I'm pretty sure that's a wig/hairpiece. It would have taken him ages to grow his hair that uniformly long in the front. It reminds me of the old Beatles haircut days in the 60s, lol, except back then, anyone with red hair never would have gone for a Beatles cut, unless they were willing to dye everything dark brown. heh

June 3, 2013 1:49 pm  #9720

I don't think it's a wig. It's basically his Frankenstein hairstyle but in a shade of blonde and with the curls straightened. 

Board footera