BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 4, 2013 8:22 pm  #161

Re: Tell us what part of the world you come from

lolipanda wrote:

im from a small town in wiltshire, england, highlights include a morrisons and a few hills. a very exciting place of course.

theres a lot of europeans on this forum!

There are indeed! Welcome to the forum, by the way! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 4, 2013 9:04 pm  #162

yes, welcome! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

May 5, 2013 11:37 am  #163

You do have Stonehenge near as well though. Welcome.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 16, 2013 8:12 pm  #164

Davina wrote:

I am waiting for our first member from Antarctica so I can post a Pingu video!

)

mwuahaha! I should have voted Antartica then! Love Pingu: Nut nuuuuut!

But it's France, definitely.

Just like old times...

May 17, 2013 7:12 am  #165

I'm from Glanerbrug (the Netherlands), I am sure no one has ever heard about it. xD

May 17, 2013 10:08 am  #166

Florine wrote:

I'm from Glanerbrug (the Netherlands), I am sure no one has ever heard about it. xD

I've heard of the Netherlands, so I'm at least halfway there!  I'm sure you've never heard of the area in the US that I come from either, but that doesn't matter--  we all reside in Sherlockland, and that's the important thing.

May 21, 2013 10:16 pm  #167

Born, raised and currently live in Canada  ...the land of Moose and Maple Syrup! 

-------------------------------------------------------

May 22, 2013 1:25 am  #168

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

Born, raised and currently live in Canada  ...the land of Moose and Maple Syrup! 

I live in the land of moose and maple syrup, and I live in the US, lolololol.  Are you in eastern Canada nearer to me? (I live in NH).

May 22, 2013 2:31 am  #169

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

Cool.  (and belated welcome, btw).  I love the land of moose and maple syrup....    A couple family members strayed way up north to Montreal, and loved it when we visited.  The rest of us stayed further down south, or way out west!  No moose here!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

May 22, 2013 3:16 am  #170

ancientsgate wrote:

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

I live in the land of moose and maple syrup, and I live in the US, lolololol.  Are you in eastern Canada nearer to me? (I live in NH).

South eastern  ...where maple trees are plentiful! 

May 22, 2013 3:29 am  #171

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

ancientsgate wrote:

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

So not far from me at all, then. I'm on the seacoast of NH, smack between Maine and Massachusetts. I've visited Halifax, southeastern New Brunswick, Montreal and Toronto. Have always wanted to see PEI.  Don't we live in a nice part of the world? You know, if you don't mind 5 months of winter and snowy mess, lol.

May 22, 2013 7:27 am  #172

And curling! Still trying to get massively excited about the sport....Now ice hockey, that's a different matter! Gloves off anyone? 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 22, 2013 1:33 pm  #173

ancientsgate wrote:

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

ancientsgate wrote:

So not far from me at all, then. I'm on the seacoast of NH, smack between Maine and Massachusetts. I've visited Halifax, southeastern New Brunswick, Montreal and Toronto. Have always wanted to see PEI.  Don't we live in a nice part of the world? You know, if you don't mind 5 months of winter and snowy mess, lol.

We do indeed , Spring is so incredible here right now . And I actually like Winter...yes it can get to be a real pain, but like a child, I love playing in the snow :3. Autumn is my favourite season here, so many trees....

May 22, 2013 1:37 pm  #174

Russell wrote:

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

Cool. (and belated welcome, btw). I love the land of moose and maple syrup.... A couple family members strayed way up north to Montreal, and loved it when we visited. The rest of us stayed further down south, or way out west! No moose here!

Thank-you! 

Awww too bad about the no Moose!...the Moose are awesome! They give us rides and everything when we go on Maple Syrup tours  ....not really of course xD, I've actually never seen a Moose in person before, they're an illusive bunch , I have seen a Black Bear walk right past my bedroom window...that was interesting!

May 22, 2013 2:24 pm  #175

My son has had a close encounter of the bear kind too.

June 2, 2013 9:12 pm  #176

Edinburgh, Scotland

July 1, 2013 1:12 pm  #177

I'm from Cracow, Poland. There is no Poland on the list, so I just chose Europe. But I actually lived in London for two years of my life - yeah! London is my most beloved of all cities (well, except Cracow ;) ).

Anyone from Poland except me?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi.

"Dear God. What is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring." - Sherlock Holmes.

http://koktajl-kulturowy.blogspot.com/

July 1, 2013 7:24 pm  #178

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

...I've actually never seen a Moose in person before, they're an illusive bunch , I have seen a Black Bear walk right past my bedroom window...that was interesting!

You've never seen a moose? They run right in front of our cars around here. Big, they are big. Huge. Mungous. White tail deer are much more often sighted and hit by cars, but they're not much bigger than a Great Dane dog. But mooses on the looses are dangerous beasts, especially in the fall when the males are on the hunt for girl mooses.

I don't know where you are in Canada, but if you want to take a long, long drive through the woods and wilds to Moosehead Lake in Maine, you will see the beasts everywhere. All you have to do is park your car next to the lake somewhere secluded and wait. You will see 2 or 3 within a half hour.

July 3, 2013 8:39 am  #179

I'm from the US :O  Though I feel the UK has better shows by far!  Everything here is just reality, crime (nothing like SH), and boring.  Ahem, but there are some few shows that are good here though right now can't think of any XD

July 3, 2013 5:46 pm  #180

Europe most exactly France but French detective are bored, so depressing...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Each picture told a story; mysterious often to my undeveloped understanding and imperfect feelings, yet ever profoundly interesting.
 ~Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte

Nous avons beau tailler de notre mieux le bloc mystérieux dont notre vie est faite, la veine noire de la destinée y reparaît toujours. ~Les Misérables, Victor Hugo

Board footera