BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 23, 2013 5:54 am  #381

Re: How will John react when he finds out Sherlock isn't dead?

But we're all talking about this as  tho we don't know what happened... 
But we do.
Sherlock had to fake his death to protect his friends from the snipers.
If John doesn't appreciate that sacrifice...I will think less of him.

Last edited by besleybean (May 23, 2013 3:28 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 23, 2013 7:07 am  #382

Yeah, we do. But John doesn't. So if he meets up again with Sherlock and has no idea why Sherlock has jumped, then maybe he'd let his anger out before Sherlock even gets a chance to explain himself.

I'm sure John will highly value this sacrifice then, but if they stick to the 3 years canon, Sherlock'd better come up with a REALLY good reason for not having gotten in touch with John.

Just like old times...

May 23, 2013 9:42 am  #383

Punch me has a point. I'm also sure that John will value this sacrifice but he might be attempted to punch him because Sherlock has not gotten in touch with him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 23, 2013 3:30 pm  #384

We don't know what Sherlock has been doing.
He possibly couldn't get in touch in case of compromising safety,.
Obviously I meant I hope John gives Sherlock the chance to explain and then accepts...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 24, 2013 12:04 pm  #385

He'll have to accept eventually You can't make a good show about Sherlock without John right there, by his side :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You look sad when you think he can't see you."

May 24, 2013 1:32 pm  #386

Mell92 wrote:

He'll have to accept eventually You can't make a good show about Sherlock without John right there, by his side :D

Could not have said it better myself! 

-------------------------------------------------------

May 24, 2013 3:51 pm  #387

Yeah, but personally,I would prefer to get to this point without violence.

May 27, 2013 10:37 pm  #388

I'm quite sure this scenario won't happen, but I'd find it hilarious:

Both John and Lestrade, though clearly furious and sorely tempted, refrain from punching Sherlock after the big reveal, possibly saying something explicitly about avoiding more senseless violence.  This lulls both the audience and Sherlock into a false sense of security that the crisis is over, though the tension remains.  Then an unsuspecting Mrs. Hudson wanders into 221b with the tea tray, gasps and drops it, and in response to Sherlock's impatient/defensive "Yes, yes, I'm alive, can we please move on now," instinctively hauls off and gives him a good sharp smack.  John and Lestrade collapse into semi-stifled hysterical giggling as Mrs. Hudson embraces him, then smacks him again, and a bewildered Sherlock has to pat her back comfortingly while glaring daggers at the two of them.

Because I adore Mrs. Hudson.  Una Stubbs ROCKS.   Literally, if you've ever seen clips of her dancing.

Anna M.C.

Last edited by annamc (May 27, 2013 10:38 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------

Will happily pay the annual license fee for legal US iPlayer access. BBC lawyers, *please* take my money.

May 28, 2013 5:42 am  #389

See, why didn't Mark write this?!

May 28, 2013 9:37 am  #390

I see John reacting with the same kind of emotion he felt in HoB. It's explosive but suppressed also. He was amazing in that scene.

I can't imagine them hugging but I can imagine Sherlock steadying John as his legs go all wobbly like in TGG. I expect that will be the extent of the touchy feely side of it.

I want to hear him shouting 'it's not okay, Sherlock, it's not okay! You could have taken me with you. I would have watched your back. You didn't need to do this alone....you, you MACHINE!!'

Then he sees a stricken look on Sherlock's face so starts to calm down. Then Sherlock informs him he has to go away one last time to finish it all off and that he will see him soon to which John tells him he is not going alone and he will go to protect him from himself.

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

May 28, 2013 4:21 pm  #391

I still think the guys will go for the populist option...

May 29, 2013 8:40 am  #392

besleybean wrote:

I still think the guys will go for the populist option...

Like you, I also hope that they invent something different that just simple violence. It would be totally in contrast to canon if John punched Sherlock instead of fainting.
John will not faint because he himself is waiting for a miracle, almost expecting it. And John is portrayed as a tough military person. So no emotional breakdown, IMO.

I said it above: I think John's reaction might depend upon whether Sherlock gets the chance to explain himself and whether the explanation is enough to understand.
If the explanation is: "I didn' t trust your acting abilities" or "You would have stopped me from doing it", John could get quite angry.  

I also got a glimpse of spoilers. We don't know what it really is. In canon John was at home (I think) or in a private setting, alone. Sherlock will probably select a private place without other people watching when he reveals himself to John. Even Sherlock can't predict how John will react. Sherlock knows that this emotional situation is unpredictable in its outcome. Especially when you are Sherlock you would not trust your own prediction when it comes to John's emotions.  Imagine John fainting in public. Sherlock won't do that to John (hopefully).  

May 29, 2013 8:56 pm  #393

I am confident that is not going to happen.

May 31, 2013 10:56 am  #394

I just read the Canon story and I'd love him to faint just in the same way as in The Hobbit! That would be the most hilarious thing!

May 31, 2013 3:57 pm  #395

I wouldn't hold your breath!

June 3, 2013 6:50 pm  #396

Well, there are two issues of the whole reunion story, I am really curious about.

As I am looking for series 3 spoilers quite frequently, I have a vague idea, what might be happening, when John and Sherlock meet each other (although there is still much room for speculations).
But more than that I am wondering, how John had cope with his life after the fall. What will be the initial situation of the first episode? I read a lot of reunion fanfics and in many of them, John
is broken, depressed and completely unable to handle his life. But I don't think, this happend. I mean, yes, we saw John in TRF mourning at Sherlock's grave, but then he raised up straight and pulled himself together. That's what John will do, I suppose - pull himself together and try to move on, as best as he could. John is a soldier after all.
So I think, John's reaction to Sherlock's appearance will as well depends on his current life situation and how much he got over Sherlock's death.

The second thing I ponder about is, how will Sherlock handle John's emotions and how is he going to approach to him. I don't think, that Sherlock just emerges in front of John and expects that everything is going to go back to normal. Sherlock might appear to be incapable of understanding emotions but I think he does to a certain extent - especially in connection with John. He knows him good, so I think, Sherlock will be empathic enough to understand his friends anger and grieve.
I am very curious, how they both are going to handle their emotions. I really wish to see Sherlock being emotional again!

By the way, I don't mind a bit yelling and a punch but I hope there will be a big hug too!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

June 3, 2013 7:11 pm  #397

Don't think Gatiss &Moffat do hugs...

June 3, 2013 7:18 pm  #398

Pity!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

June 3, 2013 7:35 pm  #399

Tell me about it!

June 3, 2013 7:39 pm  #400

besleybean wrote:

Don't think Gatiss &Moffat do hugs...

With each other?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

Board footera