BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 30, 2013 4:18 pm  #621

Re: Free Rants

If there is also a trusted adult at school (a counsellor/tutor/teacher) then speak to them as well. That way, if anything 'kicks off' they are forewarned.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 30, 2013 9:58 pm  #622

Davina wrote:

If there is also a trusted adult at school (a counsellor/tutor/teacher) then speak to them as well. That way, if anything 'kicks off' they are forewarned.

Will do. Thanka for the Advice

June 8, 2013 12:34 am  #623

Sorry, quick rant, I know people have worse things in life than vertigo but this is doing my head in. Three days now of feeling like I'm on a boat. I am going totally insane.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

June 8, 2013 12:53 am  #624

Mnemosyne wrote:

Sorry, quick rant, I know people have worse things in life than vertigo but this is doing my head in. Three days now of feeling like I'm on a boat. I am going totally insane.

That isnt good. :/

June 8, 2013 10:59 am  #625

That ain't nice. I hope you're getting better soon, Mnemosyne! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

June 8, 2013 6:04 pm  #626

Mnemosyne wrote:

Google isn't working for me right now so I can't be specofic, but there is a head positioning maneuver you can do that might cure your vertigo.  You might want to look into it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Richard Brook is Make Believe!

June 9, 2013 12:30 am  #627

Aww thank you all I really appreciate your help and your kind words

EDIT 10/06/2013: It started after I took a bit of a bash to the head in the line of duty. Doctor says I'm mildly concussed but not 'damaged.' I now have tablets for the vertigo and I've been told to take it easy for a couple of weeks. Touch wood a casting and a filming aren't due to take place until August and the start of September respectively otherwise I'd be explaining how I'd brained myself on a desk (of all things, I am so ashamed.)

Last edited by Mnemosyne (June 10, 2013 10:03 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 11, 2013 7:16 am  #628

Have you tried a behind the ear pattch,  Mnemosyne?   It's by prescription only.   I've had vertigo many times due to  ear infections or other infections,   and  that worked the best.  My  first time using one was on a cruise ship,  of all places!!   I hope yours gets better soon. 

I  got another kidney stone on my right side.   why can't i just stay away from peanuts and chocolate???!!  It's soooo  hard to do!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 11, 2013 11:17 am  #629

sherlockskitty wrote:

Have you tried a behind the ear pattch,  Mnemosyne?   It's by prescription only.   I've had vertigo many times due to  ear infections or other infections,   and  that worked the best.  My  first time using one was on a cruise ship,  of all places!!   I hope yours gets better soon. 

I  got another kidney stone on my right side.   why can't i just stay away from peanuts and chocolate???!!  It's soooo  hard to do!! 

Vertigo on a cruise ship, that is really *really* unlucky. Must have been hellish. I've never tried those patches, but I've been given some tablets which take the edge off and I can just take on up to three times a day when I need to.

I've never had a kidney stone thankfully but they sound incredibly painful, what are they going to do to you? I hope you get well soon (and, if I'm honest, peanut butter and chocolate were made for each other. I couldn't give them up.)

June 11, 2013 9:21 pm  #630

Leaving a rant. I've got to do my english homework (I know it's late, don't judge me) right now and this is the exercise:

1) You are a cockroach in Tent D. You see Stanley enter and you wonder what happened to him outside. Then you see Zero enter as well. You are curious and you observe the boys closely. Describe what you see happening.

2) You are a lizard searching for food. However, you sense that something is clearly wrong with the boys and you start watching them closely. Describe what you see happening.

Honestly? Are you f--- kidding me? I do not want to know what being a cockroach is like... 
Got to get through this, though. Oh well...

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

June 11, 2013 9:23 pm  #631

I think both are a clear invitation to write a good old slash story 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

June 11, 2013 9:23 pm  #632

Oh, spare me!! 

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

June 11, 2013 9:25 pm  #633

Just wanted to be helpful 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

June 11, 2013 9:27 pm  #634

Shhhh, there's an absolute silence in my house and I'm laughing way too loud!
How I would love to see the faces of my class mates....

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

June 11, 2013 9:28 pm  #635

Ooh, Mary me, would you be studying holes by any chance? 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 11, 2013 9:30 pm  #636

Molly Hooper wrote:

Ooh, Mary me, would you be studying holes by any chance? 

Oh. God. Yes.

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

June 11, 2013 9:32 pm  #637

It's a great book. Which bit are you up to?

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 11, 2013 9:37 pm  #638

We're done with the first sixteen chapters now. Funny enough, we're writing the exam this week 

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

June 11, 2013 9:50 pm  #639

It is a great story!

Skitty..would that be too many Reeses Peanut Butter Cups? Funniest ting ever was my old man buying and biting into one. He absolutely loathes peanut butter! He didn't realise they had peanut butter in them. It was hilarious- for us watching, not for him, obviously!   

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 11, 2013 10:07 pm  #640

Mary Me wrote:

Leaving a rant. I've got to do my english homework (I know it's late, don't judge me) right now and this is the exercise:

1) You are a cockroach in Tent D. You see Stanley enter and you wonder what happened to him outside. Then you see Zero enter as well. You are curious and you observe the boys closely. Describe what you see happening.

2) You are a lizard searching for food. However, you sense that something is clearly wrong with the boys and you start watching them closely. Describe what you see happening.

Honestly? Are you f--- kidding me? I do not want to know what being a cockroach is like... 
Got to get through this, though. Oh well...

Don't you get a summer break?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Richard Brook is Make Believe!

Board footera