BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 27, 2013 10:15 pm  #601

Re: Free Rants

A hug - if you like. I think your little son has a strong mum 

Have a peaceful night ...

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 28, 2013 10:56 am  #602

Just leaving a rant. Argh! The whole Elementary thing is kinda upsetting me. You know, I want to avoid the show because I know it doesn't make me happy but that's not easy when you're on tumblr and having Youtube that's suggesting you some elementary videos all the time.
Then again, I hate people who can't differ quality from crap. Oh please, the top rated comment on an elementary clip where Irene Adler shows her real nature, says something about "BBC Sherlock didn't have the balls to go for real modern updates including changing character's gender". Oh yeah, because the idea of the 21st century was so clearly invented by the producers of elementary.
Can someone hand me a barf bag please?
Uff, that was sooo unnecessary but I'm feeling better now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 28, 2013 11:28 am  #603

It's good you got it off your chest. I've stopped watching it and being interested in it after four episodes. If I don't get hooked after four episodes it just doesn't work for me. 
You have to be intelligent to appreciate Sherlock. Definitely. As for Elementary, well  … which explains commentaries like this. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 28, 2013 11:31 am  #604

Welcome to the elementary fandom
I can't understand people who love the ACD works but prefer elementary to Sherlock. It just... I don't get it. 

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 28, 2013 4:04 pm  #605

I would have had no problem per se with Moriarty being female but it is the sheer ridiculousness of Irene THE Woman being Moriarty that I find, frankly, both implausible and silly. It is as if the writers think (wrongly in my opinion) that swapping the gender of a character (like John to Joan for example) is some goose that layed the golden egg. News...it isn't! It is easy and sloppy! I half expect Sherlock to wake up at some time in the next episode to find out that it was all 'just a bad dream'.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 28, 2013 5:13 pm  #606

Yeah, people from the elementary fandom keep telling me that the show is a more 'risky' project. I don't think so; it's no project at all and the producers do not know what they're doing.

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 28, 2013 8:07 pm  #607

'Risky'? Whatever do they mean? Do you think they mean 'ground-breaking'?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 28, 2013 8:26 pm  #608

Davina wrote:

'Risky'? Whatever do they mean? Do you think they mean 'ground-breaking'?

I fear so, Davina, I fear so. 

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 30, 2013 8:19 am  #609

So I have had the 2 worst days ever
My so called friends think its cool to tease me and they say I lie so I told them all the truth and because i did and now i get blamed for everything.
It wasnt my fault and grrrr

May 30, 2013 8:36 am  #610

doesn't sound nice at all 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 30, 2013 8:38 am  #611

After all, you stayed true to yourself.
Chin up!

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 30, 2013 8:42 am  #612

I am
They just don't know how to accept they are wrong
they threatened to beat me and kill me so yeah 

May 30, 2013 9:08 am  #613

Make sure not to stay alone in that tight situation. Ask someone for help.

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 30, 2013 9:23 am  #614

I am I have a few friends that are sticking by me but still getting threatened by the people who say they like me and would never hurt me

May 30, 2013 9:42 am  #615

Don't let that shit touch you. That's a lesson I taught to myself so nobody could hurt me.
These are people that can only build up self-confidence by hurting others and such are far from what you can call friends.

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 30, 2013 9:51 am  #616

Mary Me wrote:

Don't let that shit touch you. That's a lesson I taught to myself so nobody could hurt me.
These are people that can only build up self-confidence by hurting others and such are far from what you can call friends.

Yeah I'm not gonna but all the threats I got
Scared the shit out of me
like appently cults are on to me and that tomorrow at school im gonna be beat up
Scared me a lot

May 30, 2013 10:00 am  #617

Don't be scared. It's important that you don't take this shit serious and stay honest to yourself. If they don't accept that then they do not deserve your company at all. Or I will find them and skiiiiin them. 

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 30, 2013 10:06 am  #618

hahaha thanks
if they beat me up apperntly its imediate expulsion
hoping thats the case if i do get beat up
they can all be skin bags ;)

May 30, 2013 12:51 pm  #619

Speak to a trusted adult as soon as possible. Bullying, for this is what this is, must not be tolerated. Clearly these people are not really friends.

May 30, 2013 12:53 pm  #620

Davina wrote:

Speak to a trusted adult as soon as possible. Bullying, for this is what this is, must not be tolerated. Clearly these people are not really friends.

I told my mum she is supportive
Im hoping they make a scene at school so i can use my good persuasive skills to get them expelled

All the friends that i trust are supportive

Board footera