BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 27, 2013 3:01 pm  #1

Amanda Abbington on relationships in Sherlock series 3

http://www.theglobaldispatch.com/mr-selfridge-star-amanda-abbington-talks-sherlock-season-3-relationships-mary-morstan-rumors-81421/

“Turbulent. They can’t be together and they can’t be without each other. They’re drawn to each other, but they’re a mess when they’re together. Unrequited love. It’s great to play.”

Hey Amanda - wonderful!

Last edited by tobeornot221b (May 27, 2013 3:04 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 27, 2013 3:22 pm  #2

Re: Amanda Abbington on relationships in Sherlock series 3

Unrequited love? That doesn't sound very cheerful 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 27, 2013 3:28 pm  #3

Cheerful would be booooring in this case.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 27, 2013 3:31 pm  #4

However, I'm sure it's something of a complex, yet beautiful relationship.

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 27, 2013 4:31 pm  #5

If I understand her correctly she describes the Sherlock-John relationship, not the one between John and Mary, doesn't she? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 27, 2013 4:36 pm  #6

SusiGo wrote:

If I understand her correctly she describes the Sherlock-John relationship, not the one between John and Mary, doesn't she? 

That's what I was assuming, yes.

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 27, 2013 4:38 pm  #7

Oh, right. The title is misleading somehow.

*I was skipping a few lines and got it therefore wrong

Last edited by Mary Me (May 27, 2013 4:40 pm)

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 27, 2013 4:43 pm  #8

Unrequited love. Sounds exciting. 

It seems something went wrong with this artice. Amanda tweeted:

amanda abbington ‏@CHIMPSINSOCKS 59m
oh for christ's sake! I didn't say Martin and Ben have a turbulent relationship and unrequited love. I was talking about Case Histories...!

Last edited by SusiGo (May 28, 2013 7:49 am)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 31, 2013 7:19 am  #9

Oh, dear! What a false hope!

Even if the feelings weren't mutual, I was all excited at the idea that they had at least acknowledged Sherlock's love for John. Gutted

Anyway, weird article... It states that Amanda is a "Harry Potter" star but she never appeared in Harry Potter lol. I think they were talking about her co-star in "Case histories", Jason Isaacs (Lucius Malfoy)

Oh well...

Just like old times...

May 31, 2013 8:26 am  #10

Somehow that's not surprising. That statement applied to John and Sherlock wouldn't make so much sense.  

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 31, 2013 10:50 pm  #11

I love the way newspaper articles take things out of context and twist them to make them what they want to be. Doesn't surprise me at all. Very typical. Moriarty would be pleased.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 1, 2013 10:18 pm  #12

Stories! All fairy stories! 

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 22, 2013 2:02 pm  #13

It took me whole ten minutes to check whether Amanda showed in Harry Potter movies or not! I should always read the replies here before believing the fairy tales on newspaper.

However, it led me to this article: How Tim from The Office found real love: Amanda Abbington on life with Martin Freeman
It is so sweeeeet! And I can understand now why Martin said "That's my Amanda." on The Graham Norton Show.

-------------------------------------------------
--------
“Why,” said I, glancing up at my companion, “that was surely the bell? Who could come to-night? Some friends of yours, perhaps?”

“Except yourself I have none,” he answered.

—Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, The Five Orange PipsThe Adventures of Sherlock Holms

June 28, 2013 12:03 am  #14

Shell wrote:

It took me whole ten minutes to check whether Amanda showed in Harry Potter movies or not! I should always read the replies here before believing the fairy tales on newspaper.

However, it led me to this article: How Tim from The Office found real love: Amanda Abbington on life with Martin Freeman
It is so sweeeeet! And I can understand now why Martin said "That's my Amanda." on The Graham Norton Show.

That's just lovely

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

Board footera